• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Vaporeon is my favorite pokemon.

Nope, this spot is for Lugia or Rayquaza. (My favorite non-legendary pokémon is the Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert evolution line)

Edited by Naughx

Hm yes, I suppose that could've worked as well. Either way, it was still a pretty good movie, and even if I hadn't liked it as much as I did, I'm still pretty happy it managed to get one; most anime nowadays have to be pretty popular to get one and Steins;Gate has been a sleeper hit from the beginning. Now I just want them to dub it and give it the same wonderful treatment that the anime got.

That indeed. Is the anime dub any good? I usually prefer subs, unless it is a show like Baccano :/

Oh, I forgot to mention Baccano in my favorites. Best character cast ever for having only a single season.

The whole cast managed to both develop in it, and stay charming. Not many shows achieve that.

Although in terms of character development HxH still beats everything else

Edited by Battora

That indeed. Is the anime dub any good? I usually prefer subs, unless it is a show like Baccano :/

Oh, I forgot to mention Baccano in my favorites. Best character cast ever for having only a single season

I'm a fan of both dubs and subs, particularly Funimation dubs, and the dub for Steins;Gate is in my opinion the best dub I have ever had the pleasure to hear. Probably helps that the guy who co-wrote the script also voiced Okabe, so all of his rather extensive lines and monlogues were created with great care. The other character scripts and voices were also very well delivered and adapted as well.

And yes, Baccano! dub is amazing~!

I'm a fan of both dubs and subs, particularly Funimation dubs, and the dub for Steins;Gate is in my opinion the best dub I have ever had the pleasure to hear. Probably helps that the guy who co-wrote the script also voiced Okabe, so all of his rather extensive lines and monlogues were created with great care. The other character scripts and voices were also very well delivered and adapted as well.

And yes, Baccano! dub is amazing~!

I see. I suppose that some of the puns got lost, but it's not like they matter too much in S;G anyways.

Btw, what other shows have you watched?

Nah I'm good for now; I'll be making a post on the trade thread soon to collect whatever I have left to get. Hope you like it though; it has some good egg moves as well!

Yes, yes I do. It's terrible that not enough people know about that masterpiece, so I spread the word.

And it was Pokedited; I accidentally brought it over as an attempt to get a shiny Sylveon, but I forgot to reset the lvl. So its been gathering dust in my PC.

I already said it in my PM I sent yesterday, but my anime junkie friend hasn't even finished Steins;Gate. She watched the first 6 episodes and stopped because it was too slow for her

RIP pokegen TT^TT

Oh, I forgot to mention Baccano in my favorites. Best character cast ever for having only a single season.

The whole cast managed to both develop in it, and stay charming. Not many shows achieve that.

Although in terms of character development HxH still beats everything else

I'm a sub guy and I preferred the dub.

I see. I suppose that some of the puns got lost, but it's not like they matter too much in S;G anyways.

Btw, what other shows have you watched?

While some may have gotten lost in translation, alot of them were adpated into puns that western audiences could appreciate more if it made sense in context, which is another thing I really enjoyed about it. I really love some of the Doctor Who and Back to the Future references, for instance.

And that is a looooooooong list I'll have to compile in the future; I really can't remember how many I've watched atm. XD

Btw Bimbo, I see you have Dragon Ball among your favorites. Because of nostalgia eh? Can't say I don't feel the same.

^_^

Anything else Toonami had as well. Outlaw Star, Big-O, etc.

Edited by Bimbo

While some may have gotten lost in translation, alot of them were adpated into puns that western audiences could appreciate more if it made sense in context, which is another thing I really enjoyed about it. I really love some of the Doctor Who and Back to the Future references, for instance.

And that is a looooooooong list I'll have to compile in the future; I really can't remember how many I've watched atm. XD

Too bad I haven't seen either of them >.<

Gintama, my favorite comedy anime, is literally the only show that managed to make me laugh at references I didn't even get due to not having seen the referenced show. The execution of it was just so hilarious. Maybe the same could happen in the S;G dub.

Hey, I watched about 200 series myself too, y'know :p

MAL really helps with remembering every single one.

What are your favorites though? Aside from S;G ofc

I already said it in my PM I sent yesterday, but my anime junkie friend hasn't even finished Steins;Gate. She watched the first 6 episodes and stopped because it was too slow for her

RIP pokegen TT^TT

I'm a sub guy and I preferred the dub.

How sad for her. I will admit though that the first half is kind of slow, and too slow for some people to get into. As long as they give it a shot though, that's enough for me.

Yes, RIP. :'(

You see

Sakura Wars is also a video game series

And it's an anime

and it had a movie

Still a weeb

You watched the anime.

^_^

Anything else Toonami had as well. Outlaw Star, Big-O, etc.

Btw, do you still watch new airing stuff? If you really dislike most new series, you could try Jojo, as that is still part of an older franchise.

And IIRC, a new LOGH show or something was announced.

Also, what did you think of FMA:B? Assuming you've seen it ofc

How sad for her. I will admit though that the first half is kind of slow, and too slow for some people to get into. As long as they give it a shot though, that's enough for me.

Yes, RIP. :'(

I found it interesting because it rooted the setting for the more exciting episodes.

Apparently it's still possible, but you need tons of stuff

Still a weeb

You watched the anime.

Btw, do you still watch new airing stuff? If you really dislike most new series, you could try Jojo, as that is still part of an older franchise.

Well

You're a bigger weeb

Still a weeb

You watched the anime.

FMA:B is perhaps my favorite anime.

Oh...I haven't had cable in years after it went downhill. Fooly Cooly is also what I liked. That was Adult Swim though.