• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I dislike SAO because it has god awful mains.

-Kirito is basically wish fulfillment personified. Everyone important instantly likes him (and in most female cases, loves him), and he's supposedly this uber-badass who can do these crazy things nobody else can.

-Asuna had potential to be a female badass in the vein of Saber, but she got chickified really fucking quick. From there, she's basically a glorified fucktoy for Kirito (who has a god damn harem in his own right) and ultimately serves as a 'how not to write a romantic lead'.

-Suguha is just... no. Sure, she had some backstory to her and seemed like a legit replacement for Asuna, but then suddenly Japan and then she too drools over Kirito. AS HIS ADOPTIVE FUCKING SISTER. Hell, she even looks like that one brunette chick from Oreimo, as if to say "this is 100% intentional!" Blech.

The secondary characters are okay, but FFS. The mains are just too awful to consider SAO as anything more than mediocre.

I dislike it's plot and how it's damsel in distress for the second half of the anime

Why it isn't an eroge at this point is a mystery to me

BURN THE WITCHES!

Oi, leave my beloved witch Beatrice alone, or oi'll fill yer ass with shotgun shells faster than ya can cry "oh my" #mafia

sigh august...i hate august. it means school. and when i was born

*emoemoemeeomeoemeoeomeoemoeemoe*

School starts in September over here. And my birthday is in August too, so no >_< This noob is going to turn 17 in a matter of days

lol SAO being quality

fuck outta here

I have a problem with calling it "quality" too, but to be fair, there is no objectivity in judging anime. As for your points, wish fulfillment is not bad by itself, it is a device that allows the viewer to experience the setting to a deeper extent. I found it to be badly done in SAO, but that's opinion.

As for your other points, I agree with them, although again, not objective.

My main problems with SAO were the plot holes( to be exact, one real hole, and several deus ex machinas) and the story turning into a dating sim.

But well, don't br mean to people who like it. And besides, not everyone has to be a critic

Hating an anime just because other hates it is hypocrisy.

That is true, but most hate Sao because they genuinely think it is bad. Think, I'm not so far up my own ass yet to claim I am objective

it's funny how you replied to a two day comment and question ME for J's claim

I wasn't directing it at you, I was directing it at "Lewd". I was inquiring about a log snippet you happened to post.

Actually, do YOU know what's going on?

Edited by Railgun

LOL Sword Art Online

As of now, Gun Gale Online

I find it hilarious how the show has nothing to do with its name anymore

^blaming J. How weak

Edited by Battora

Lul

So you want me to post the log

I'm a maso, so sure

I'll read it later doe. This guy is going to read some more exquisite Steins Gate, as I've started to replay the VN

Edited by Battora

Is it weird that I loved watching Elfen Lied?

Nah, it isn't. It isn't critically acclaimed, but as said, taste, and there is no objectivity. Don't feel bad for what you enjoy.

Gave you seen S; G btw?

Nah, it isn't. It isn't critically acclaimed, but as said, taste, and there is no objectivity. Don't feel bad for what you enjoy.

Gave you seen S; G btw?

no, but I'm planning on it. I have a ton of anime on my to do list, but that comes after some let's plays I've been eatching.