• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

The introduction would normally home the insight of the concept of anything, or a brief overview about said concept. The ending of the intro would have to keep the reader interested about reading the whole thing, since the intro makes or breaks interest. The meat then would include a brief review on how well-done the plot is, without any huge spoilers, alongside characters. For a manga I'd comment on art style and quality, too. The conclusion would be your unbiased opinion about the whole thing, commenting on the good and bad

Keep it roughly around 1000 words, with a picture of two to keep things eye-catching

Yeah, that would be fitting for a normal review. Problem is that the site I'm writing for usually has a lenghtier analysis in the reviews. Writers summarize everything that happened, judging it in the meanwhile, and then give some closure to it all. Meaning everything is spoiled on purpose. Said site actually rather focuses on discussing series, so it assumes that the people reading the articles have already seen or read the series.

Considering I'm evaluating an entire manga (31 chapters, but still), I'll still make it a bit lengthier than the average articles, but I have to make sure to not stretch the part where I describe the story, as the manga has a lot of themes that I'd like to elaborate on too. (actually...this can be called an essay, right?)

I'll keep this in mind though when I write a review for MAL, so thanks

Yeah, that would be fitting for a normal review. Problem is that the site I'm writing for usually has a lenghtier analysis in the reviews. Writers summarize everything that happened, judging it in the meanwhile, and then give some closure to it all. Meaning everything is spoiled on purpose. Said site actually rather focuses on discussing series, so it assumes that the people reading the articles have already seen or read the series.

Considering I'm evaluating an entire manga (31 chapters, but still), I'll still make it a bit lengthier than the average articles, but I have to make sure to not stretch the part where I describe the story, as the manga has a lot of themes that I'd like to elaborate on too. (actually...this can be called an essay, right?)

I'll keep this in mind though when I write a review for MAL, so thanks

I see. That definitely sounds a bit more challenging than you average review. But I'm glad my information will be useful in the future

I see. That definitely sounds a bit more challenging than you average review. But I'm glad my information will be useful in the future

I suppose. Did you write some reviews yourself in the past? Just curious

kinky

Hey, today I'm allowed to :P

I suppose. Did you write some reviews yourself in the past? Just curious

Nope. My mate is with a reviewing website, though, so he's shown me a couple of things. I did do one for him about Pokémon Conquest, though it was more so bullet points expressing the good and the bad about it

And peace, dude

Edited by DodgeDusk