• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

to be fair

i can't really make a fair opinion

since i never beat it

i got to probably? near the end of disc one

and i'd need to restart it anyways

probably soon

i really only liked cloud, barret, and yuffie, i didn't really like too many others.

i will admit

i find ff7 to have held up the worst

of all the ff games

especially

if you compare it to ff9

which looks fantastic for ps1

Play moar of it. The superbosses in the end are realky fun to fight, and quite challenging.

Not to mention the final limit break of Cloud, which looks amazing.

In terms of visual quality ff7 is actually good for its age from what I heard. Back in the days it was considered to be great

I'm not saying it doesn't have good stories, but that in averae it is below other mediums. I mean, no video game can reach the depth of works like Faust, as an example. That is not to say that video games are a bad medium. The most important is and remains gameplay. Playing keeps us interested, and makes us enjoy ourselves. I'm strictly talking about depth of storytelling and characters. Video games might be more engrossing, but I'd disagree with saying they have the same extent of depth

Well, your post was kind of saying/implying it's inferior as a medium. My bad if I misunderstood. Not saying any existing story is as deep as classics such as Faust, though. But what I'm saying is that the comparison may as well be moot, because the kind of experience you'd derive from Faust, to use your example, is different to what you'd derive from say, Demon's Souls. Or to use a more popularly acclaimed example, Shadow of the Colossus. I think video games can definitely be as deep, and some hidden gems out there that may come close in their own, very special way, but it's just not explored as well as books, plays and movies because, well, the former two have been around for centuries and the latter for a whole century now, while video games aren't even half a century old now and they don't receive the same kind of respect and refinement because of the "kiddy" stigma, blah blah blah. There's a lot more I can probably say but I don't feel like it right now.

maron water you doing calm

but hello, how are you

I AM CALM;CALM,WITH UNBREAKABLE SPIRIT

IM GOOD

BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH

NOT UNTIL THE SAXOPHONES HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES

Also

Hello,how are you?

Edited by Livin La Vida Loca

Play moar of it. The superbosses in the end are realky fun to fight, and quite challenging.

Not to mention the final limit break of Cloud, which looks amazing.

In terms of visual quality ff7 is actually good for its age from what I heard. Back in the days it was considered to be great

I'm talking about compared to games at that time

Or before

Er, because opinions can be wrong. If he thinks it is bad, that's fine. I mean, critics aren't objective. Ofc, discussong media is still important

I was making a joke

[8/26/14 2:41:30 PM] Eukydia: someday I'll watch that film

edit: that is not actually the joke, just an illustration of my lack of real opinion

Edited by Euklyd

I AM CALM;CALM,WITH UNBREAKABLE SPIRIT

IM GOOD

BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH

NOT UNTIL THE SAXOPHONES HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES

what the heck have the nerds done to you now

but have fun with that

Hey mayo, wanna make me a sandwich? I'm starving. ><;

Only if I can put lots of mayo inside it.

*makes sandwich*

Well, your post was kind of saying/implying it's inferior as a medium. My bad if I misunderstood. Not saying any existing story is as deep as classics such as Faust, though. But what I'm saying is that the comparison may as well be moot, because the kind of experience you'd derive from Faust, to use your example, is different to what you'd derive from say, Demon's Souls. Or to use a more popularly acclaimed example, Shadow of the Colossus. I think video games can definitely be as deep, and some hidden gems out there that may come close in their own, very special way, but it's just not explored as well as books, plays and movies because, well, the former two have been around for centuries and the latter for a whole century now, while video games aren't even half a century old now and they don't receive the same kind of respect and refinement because of the "kiddy" stigma, blah blah blah. There's a lot more I can probably say but I don't feel like it right now.

Ah, forgive for not explaining myself well enough then. That indeed, the gameplay is exactly what makkes gaming experience so different and unique. As for the contemt not being explored enough, imo it seems as if the medium itself makes it unable to change that. If the storytelling were to be as insightful as in other mediums, tge gameplay would suffer, thus lessening the worth of the game.

If a thematic isn't adequately explored, I'd consider it less deep than a work which does, but w/e. Video games have a lot of potential, but the medium is still young as you said yourself. I don't think video games are childish inany way though. I mean, look at the last of us

what the heck have the nerds done to you now

but have fun with that

They haven't done anything,literally,I guess

The way I understood it,for the last few years the saxes were the dominant section,having their music memorized way before anyone else.But since the guy who made them so great graduated past year,it hasn't been that way,but the upper class men saxes still have the mentality of being way ahead when we're really not,resulting in laziness during sectionals;so today I talked with our drum major who's with us during sectionals since he's a sax player,and he thought of a way to help keep us focused,since he mentioned that I was the only who really maintained attention the whole time.

In other words

BREAK THE FUCKING LIMIT

BE BETTER

AND CRUSH THE HIGH WOODWIND MASTER RACE WITH JAZZY WRATH