• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Hm, we actually spent half a year for kinematics over here in Italy. Electromagnetism is part of next year's program, and quantum theory should be the topic of choice in my senior year.

Which branch did you major in? I'm considering quantum theory, but ofc, the final choice will depend on how the general courses go.

I'm happy for that actually, I don't think I'll be particularly bewildered. Kinematics are mostly interesting, learning a lot about electtomagnetism excites me tho

My particular focus was on experimental particle physics. Sorry I missed this in the crush of posts the evening. Also, wow, you guys get 3 years of physics in high school? We got 1 year bio, 1 year chem, 1 year physics (which was almost all kinematics, with like, 1 month on electiricty at the end).

My particular focus was on experimental particle physics. Sorry I missed this in the crush of posts the evening. Also, wow, you guys get 3 years of physics in high school? We got 1 year bio, 1 year chem, 1 year physics (which was almost all kinematics, with like, 1 month on electiricty at the end).

I see, I presume you had to work with particle accelerators at one point?

I am reminded that I should read a bit more about particle physics, most I know is centered around the god particle and neutrinos :/

And no worries, 'tis HHH after all.

Oh, not 3, an entirety of 5 actually. In South Tyrol, high school covers 5 years, from 9th to 13th grade. Also, I have bio and chem both as separate subjects too, although that is because I chose a high school with its main focus on sciences.

All kinematics huh? We spent half of the previous year to learn about that, the other half was used for optics

And with that, good morning thread

(not that anyone is awake)

Edited by Battora

Heh, yeah, but I'm still getting my 8-10 hours of sleep, I just do it at different times.

But, how goes, have things gotten better?

That's more sleep than I get, sounds as if you preferred taking naps in the afternoon

Well, if it weren't today, I'd be doing well I suppose. In a few hours I'll be going to the funeral of a close friend's father...

Let's just say that I'm worried over said friend, who broke off contact to everyone else since his father's death. I managed to contact him once, but aside from that he remained unresponsive...

But let's not get too much into that... how are you?

Edited by Battora

That's more sleep than I get, sounds as if you preferred taking naps in the afternoon

Well, if it weren't today, I'd be doing well I suppose. In a few hours I'll be going to the funeral of a close friend's father...

Let's just say that I'm worried over said friend, who broke off contact to everyone else since his father's death. I managed to contact him once, but aside from that he remained unresponsive...

But let's not get too much into that... how are you?

You'd be right in that, I'm a nocturnal guy so I sleep often during the day... though I really shouldn't...

You have my condolences, here's hoping things get better for you and your friend.

I am all right, still playing the Dynasty Warriors I mentioned the other day, currently messing around with the Create-a-Warrior feature. i.e. geeking out and making FE chars.