• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Obeying said stupid orders is stupid though.

I don't buy people going racism>helping the guys who were just oppressing their country,

At all.

Again, Micaiah's loyalty to Daein despite morals is what makes her interesting.

We'll agree to disagree on that then.

Paradox

But why tho?

I did say why that isn't necessary, so either my explanation is missing on something or idk

That I change the past means that the world is different from before. Thus me existing there when I actually shouldn't is not a paradox. And even if I commit an action that supposedly were to cause a paradox, the universe is set im a way that paradoxes can't manifest. And as said, the notion that I lose my memiry if the future is only an assumption, because I don't asdume my past form (if I travel back to 1900 that's not even possible, I HAVE to be my 17 years old self

But why tho?

I did say why that isn't necessary, so either my explanation is missing on something or idk

That I change the past means that the world is different from before. Thus me existing there when I actually shouldn't is not a paradox. And even if I commit an action that supposedly were to cause a paradox, the universe is set im a way that paradoxes can't manifest. And as said, the notion that I lose my memiry if the future is only an assumption, because I don't asdume my past form (if I travel back to 1900 that's not even possible, I HAVE to be my 17 years old self

I read a story where if you touched one thing like grass or even a butterfly, it could change the flow of time

You existing there isn't the problem. It's what you would DO

what's the context

"Whether or not we fight along side the assholes we just won freedom from, we screwed."

"Let's go help the assholes."

Again, Micaiah's loyalty to Daein despite morals is what makes her interesting.

We'll agree to disagree on that then.

It just seems like she lacks common sense.

....I.... really don't see how anyone can come to that conclusion..... I just....

No

"Whether or not we fight along side the assholes we just won freedom from, we screwed."

"Let's go help the assholes."

It just seems like she lacks common sense.

....I.... really don't see how anyone can come to that conclusion..... I just....

No

Like I said, agree to disagree.

I read a story where if you touched one thing like grass or even a butterfly, it could change the flow of time

You existing there isn't the problem. It's what you would DO

To explain my own stance more clearly

If I do something willingly, paradox theory dictates that in the future I'll never have the motivation to do this, and therefore won't travel to the past to do it. That is what you smare arguing for.

However, as I said, this theory assumes that the 'original' I vanishes. If 'I' were to vanish, then indeed my future self would not have the motivation to come back in time and so on. But I have a problem with accepting that I disappear.

As soon as I make a step into the past world, it stops being the world I knew. Not because multiverse, but because of my existing in the past, which makes it different that it would have been. Thus, assume world a is cancelled, and onlx world b exists anymore. How can a non-existing world affect the time traveller who used to be in that world, but caused the world to change. Not to another one, just one with a different future, destroying the future of a as said.

Now you could argue that if world a doesn't exist anymore, the traveller doesn't either. However, that is an assumption, and not based on actual laws. The way I see it, the traveller keeps his memories bevause of him becoming part of world b, thus not being destroyed.

And the future I of tjis world is not the same as the time traveller I, and since the time traveller exists in world b, there is no need for the future I to travel back into the past

Do I need to further elaborate, or is my stance on it clearer?

Edited by Battora

I'm asking for the the party involved and their current and past situation, not some biased paraphrase

Have you played FE10?

Here's a rundown...

1. Daein invades Crimea in FE9.

2. Daein loses to Crimea, and gets occupied by Begnion after Crimea gives up its claim on Daein.

3. Micaiah and co. save Daein.

4. The fake prince is an idiot and signs a contract with Begnion's Senate that causes the who country to die if they disobey the senate.

5. Laguz alliance war starts between Begnion and the Laguz.

6. Begnion asks Daein for aid, and they are forced to agree because of the contract.