• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

No only when you are ready

I'm a nice mad scientist

I prefer the term "Obsessed Researcher" anyway

Someone called for an engineer?

Nah, I've only heard of Mushishi, though.

I bet it's because of my fanboyism

Mushishi

They are creatures only known as Mushi, whose abilities range well into the supernatural. While their existence and appearances are unknown to the humans around them, there are a few like Ginko who is a Mushi-shi that travels around to investigate and find out more about the Mushi. During the course of his discovery and understanding, he helps those who are troubled by the Mushi themselves

Monster

Dr. Tenma is a Japanese man working in Germany. He has it all, incredible medical skill, a great job, a beautiful fiancee. He becomes disillusioned with the hospital politics though, when one day he's ordered to forgo operating on a critically injured man in favor of someone who was more famous. After this point, he decides he will do what he thinks is right, regardless of politics.One day, a young boy and his younger sister were brought in. The boy had a bullet in his head, an operation that the doctor knows only he is capable of completing successfully. But soon after a politician was brought to the hospital and the high ups in the hospital want Dr. Tenma to leave the boy to operate on the politician. Dr. Tenma decides that he'll do what's right and save the young boy's life.The young boy's operation was a success, but the surgeons operating on the politician fail, prompting his life to fall apart. Dr. Tenma is passed over for a promotion and his fiancee becomes cold to him and eventually leaves him.But soon after, strange murders begin to occur, ones that benefit Dr. Tenma greatly and though he becomes the #1 suspect, they have no evidence against him. But it seems that the boy whose life he saved has a hand in things, and that he is much more than he seems...

Monster is in general highly intriguing in regards to the character interactions and developments, especially their psyches, and the main question would be "who is the REAL monsteril in this story?"

And Mushishi...well, considering it is my favorite work ever (yes, I can truly say this), I've only praise for it. The concept itself is original, even side-characters have an established character and develop further, the sceneries are gorgeous, the dialogue is deep, yet manages to leave space for the scenery to sink in etc, the stories all have their own messages and implications, the outcome is aformulaic (tragic and good endings exist alike) etc...

I am not one to force you, but I do think it would be at least not a waste of time for you

Edited by Kokone Kirino

Nerd, you don't even DQ.

I bet it's because of my fanboyism

Mushishi

They are creatures only known as Mushi, whose abilities range well into the supernatural. While their existence and appearances are unknown to the humans around them, there are a few like Ginko who is a Mushi-shi that travels around to investigate and find out more about the Mushi. During the course of his discovery and understanding, he helps those who are troubled by the Mushi themselves

Monster

Dr. Tenma is a Japanese man working in Germany. He has it all, incredible medical skill, a great job, a beautiful fiancee. He becomes disillusioned with the hospital politics though, when one day he's ordered to forgo operating on a critically injured man in favor of someone who was more famous. After this point, he decides he will do what he thinks is right, regardless of politics.One day, a young boy and his younger sister were brought in. The boy had a bullet in his head, an operation that the doctor knows only he is capable of completing successfully. But soon after a politician was brought to the hospital and the high ups in the hospital want Dr. Tenma to leave the boy to operate on the politician. Dr. Tenma decides that he'll do what's right and save the young boy's life.The young boy's operation was a success, but the surgeons operating on the politician fail, prompting his life to fall apart. Dr. Tenma is passed over for a promotion and his fiancee becomes cold to him and eventually leaves him.But soon after, strange murders begin to occur, ones that benefit Dr. Tenma greatly and though he becomes the #1 suspect, they have no evidence against him. But it seems that the boy whose life he saved has a hand in things, and that he is much more than he seems...

Monster is in general highly intriguing in regards to the character interactions and developments, especially their psyches, and the main question would be "who is the REAL monsteril in this story?"
And Mushishi...well, considering it is my favorite work ever (yes, I can truly say this), I've only praise for it. The concept itself is original, even side-characters have an established character and develop further, the sceneries are gorgeous, the dialogue is deep, yet manages to leave space for the scenery to sink in etc, the stories all have their own messages and implications, the outcome is aformulaic (tragic and good endings exist alike) etc...
I am not one to force you, but I do think it would be at least not a waste of time for you

Monster intrigues me a bit more than Mushishi by reading, it sounds like one of those stories that I can get behind, the 'moral' stories click with me

Edited by Soledai