• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

But still.

I'm more comfortable with TLink, even in SSB4, because:

1. He's still faster, and I customize him to be faster still. Makes it hard to catch him.

2. His attacks involve more slashing. I find them easier to land than Links kicks.

3. Overall better Smashes, especially his up smash. This is because his side smash can be canceled after the first hit (Link can't do that iirc) and his Up Smash is one slash instead of three, making it faster and easier to pull off and KO with.

4. No Gale on the Boomerang

5. Better grounded spin attack, since it draws foes inward for multiple hits.

6. Though Link improved his recovery, TLink is floatier and can recover better because of that.

I prefer Power over Speed, and Link's tilts and dash attack are strong enough to KO.

I haven't used any custom movesets yet, but I like the regular boomerang more than the gale anyway, so i'll probably fix that part.

Link's side smash is an optional double slash; it's always been that way since Melee.

Link's Spin Attack is a finisher, but they are both good.

Link is also much faster in the new Smash compared to Brawl, so it's different.

and everyone knows that Link is shit tier in Brawl, which is why I mentioned that we are not talking about Brawl.

I prefer Power over Speed, and Link's tilts and dash attack are strong enough to KO.

I haven't used any custom movesets yet, but I like the regular boomerang more than the gale anyway, so i'll probably fix that part.

Link's side smash is an optional double slash; it's always been that way since Melee.

and everyone knows that Link is shit tier in Brawl, which is why I mentioned that we are not talking about Brawl.

Link is shit tier everywhere but SSB4, where he still is outshone by TLink.

You can cancel Link's SSmash? That's news to me.

I tried Link in the demo, he was faster, yes, but nowhere near as fast as TLink turned out to be.

Speed is far better than power, just look at half of the SSB tier lists in all of ever.

why haven't i played against john yet

idk

PM me your FC; mine is on my profile.

I'm going to go local Smash for now.

I tried Link in the demo, he was faster, yes, but nowhere near as fast as TLink turned out to be.

Speed is far better than power, just look at half of the SSB tier lists in all of ever.

Link isn't that much worse than Young Link in Melee; i've never had much of an issue with either, fighting or playing as them.

and yes, the double slash is optional.

Link has enough speed to matter, and he's also great in Project M, which is relevant because they do host tournaments of Project M.

This isn't gonna go anywhere until we Smash though; we don't know each other's skill level yet, so it will just have to wait.

Toon Link > Link

BOMBS BOMBS BOMBS

Plus I'm hard to catch.

They play closely the same anyway; I don't think we'll be off-balanced.

Explain how TLink was several places ahead of Link in Brawl then.

We are not talking about Brawl.

But still.

I'm more comfortable with TLink, even in SSB4, because:

1. He's still faster, and I customize him to be faster still. Makes it hard to catch him.

2. His attacks involve more slashing. I find them easier to land than Links kicks.

3. Overall better Smashes, especially his up smash. This is because his side smash can be canceled after the first hit (Link can't do that iirc) and his Up Smash is one slash instead of three, making it faster and easier to pull off and KO with.

4. No Gale on the Boomerang

5. Better grounded spin attack, since it draws foes inward for multiple hits.

6. Though Link improved his recovery, TLink is floatier and can recover better because of that.

idk

Link isn't that much worse than Young Link in Melee; i've never had much of an issue with either, fighting or playing as them.

Link has enough speed to matter, and he's also great in Project M, which is relevant because they do host tournaments of Project M.

This isn't gonna go anywhere until we Smash though; we don't know each other's skill level yet, so it will just have to wait.

You guys should just like

settle it IN SMASH

idk

They were both pretty bad in Melee tbh.

Young Link had range problems and Adult Link had Speed problems.

TLink in Brawl was basically YLink with better attacks and range.

Also Comet's code is in his sig.

You guys should just like

settle it IN SMASH

She doesn't have it yet. :p

They were both pretty bad in Melee tbh.

Young Link had range problems and Adult Link had Speed problems.

TLink in Brawl was basically YLink with better attacks and range.

Also Comet's code is in his sig.

But we are comparing the Links only; we aren't factoring other characters in the equation.

Even if they are both low tier, they aren't much better over the other.

Edited by Lady Lyndis of Caelin

UBW prolouge; watched it, enjoyed Rin's banter and Archer's cool, then I saw Saber and smiled like a fool.

okay so I actually got to watch UBW prolouge and the first thing I noticed is that the pacing I feel will be very fast and the prologue episode barely explains anything so if you haven't read on the source material you might be confused.

I just watched it and I noticed that too.

We'll probably get succinct explanations on things when it starts to pick up.

Edited by Soledai

so i just camped somebody with lucario online and won. the game is seriously brawl 2.0, which is somewhat depressing... especially when i don't know if i like brawl more or not...