• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

That raises the question of where one story ends and another begins. A thought provoking question.

I have a friend who believes that any story with a bad ending is simply an incomplete story, because a story's tragedy or comedy depends on when you end it.

If any story can be enhanced or prolonged at will, there is no real end to it. What we are doing is just look at a part of the story, whereas a book's world doesn't stop spinning just because the author decided to conclude his work. What authors are doing is create an entirely new, even if fictional, world, and I like to think that those stories can go on in our own heads. So, well, one could argue that all stories intertwine with each other, or are all inherently unrelated.

But since ultimately every story is inspired by another, I like the first option more.

I agree with him, the closure of a story might just be the most important part in a work

If any story can be enhanced or prolonged at will, there is no real end to it. What we are doing is just look at a part of the story, whereas a book's world doesn't stop spinning just because the author decided to conclude his work. What authors are doing is create an entirely new, even if fictional, world, and I like to think that those stories can go on in our own heads. So, well, one could argue that all stories intertwine with each other, or are all inherently unrelated.

But since ultimately every story is inspired by another, I like the first option more.

I agree with him, the closure of a story might just be the most important part in a work

Have you watched Baccano!?

Edited by Makaze

hey kokone? heeeeeeeeeeeeey?

Oh, sorry Hoshi. For some reason I didn't see that reply (I'm close to dozing off, sowy)

so did it happen...?

oh i see. were they bad things?

I've been kissed by a frog if that counts

Yeah, let's just say it is about a very good friend of mine

o:... I failed to do that... not good

What were they, was one of them math?

Ahh, I haven't heard of Hesse, but how are Nietzche's books?

Thanks, hopefully this one actually goes well.

Not even a laugh like a mad scientist? Tsk tsk

Math and physics, at times chemistry too, although I'm not overly fond of said subject. In turn, I get notes from art history class because lol, I'm just way too bored by my arts teacher to pay proper attention. That, and I fail to see why art history is necessary in a high school specified on mathematical sciences.

Herman Hesse is not quite as known in America as he is here, so that's understandable. His books are still quite good, even iif most share their core thematics. As for Nietzsche, at the very least I can say that he was an unusual man. He ridicules all great thinkers before him and in some sections shows an unhealthy amount of narcisissism. However, most of what he says has merit to an extent, and his critique of older philosophers and moralists is mostly in line with my own thinking. His idea of a superhuman is flawed, or to be exact strikes me as wishful thinking, but the core of 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra', i.e. the god is dead rationale is quite interesting. I'll write a bit more about him if you want when I'm less sleepy, as it's impossible to quite explain all of his ideas in a few sentences.

Have you watched Baccano!?

Yes, yes I did. Actually, I've been waiting to see if you would bring it up, and I'm pleased to see that you did. Quite an enjoyable trip, and it deals with the nature of stories quite well

a friend? are they okay now? idk

kiguni pls

Not really, no. He's been in hospital for a month now and I had trouble dealing with it initially. But hey, let's not talk about that. How have you been?

Yes, yes I did. Actually, I've been waiting to see if you would bring it up, and I'm pleased to see that you did. Quite an enjoyable trip, and it deals with the nature of stories quite well

I agree. Both endings (Episode 13 and 16) were impeccable in different ways.

Did you recognize my avatar?

Not really, no. He's been in hospital for a month now and I had trouble dealing with it initially. But hey, let's not talk about that. How have you been?

that's too bad...well there's a song cover that i was supposed to finish on halloween but i ran into too many problems to have it done already...oh well. it was my first try so...lol too ambitious.