• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

sorry :'c

Sophie you meanie butt

WE DIDN'T EVEN GET THE REFORM CANDIDATEIN A NON-PARTISAN RACEthanks obama in this case I put the blame squarely on teachers' unions

Ha I can blame Obama seriously because the Democrat won and Obama legit came to my state

I typed up a semi-long post but the tl;dr is that you talk about people not caring about what you say/think enough and the way you speak of it you make it sound like there is some ~vast conspiracy~ of people "tacitly understanding" that you're to be ignored

which seems not only far-fetched but like an egocentric perception

we all get ignored

we just don't tend to notice when we ignore others, or when others get ignored, due to the nature of "ignoring"

ul: I'm making assumptions that I can back up with semi-logical reasonings

assumptions are really all any of us have to go on when we're trying to understand other people

there are assumptions that are ~bad~ to make and me assuming that since you talk about people having a tacit understanding that your thoughts/opinions are to be ignored you are assuming that people have such a tacit understanding is not one of them

jesus christ this entire post feels super preachy and I'm sure you don't need to be told most of the stuff in it so it's patronizig as well. but it's 3:55am and I'm not going to wordsmith or trim it down further so you're stuck with it

Does it seem that way?

That's an oversight you just described.

But... my question is this, before I confirmed it, why did you assume my tacit consensus referred to being overlooked?

You're right I didn't, but I don't mind talking to folks, says so in my profile.

Malloy

Hey only reason I was is because we talked about it in Civics

I wouldn't expect you to know because who actually cares about CT

after looking on wikipedia I have yet to see what's so terrible about malloy

(a non-insignificant portion of that time was trying to figure out who the fuck tom foley is I thought he was a democrat before realizing that it's not the same former-speaker-of-the-house tom foley but ~details~)

But... my question is this, before I confirmed it, why did you assume my tacit consensus referred to being overlooked?

a) it was heavily implied in your post:

Well, missing them isn't a problem, that's quite a normal human function, but I only feel the exaggeration was out of place.

But that's that just me, and you know the tacit consensus regarding me and my thoughts and opinions.

you wouldn't be being disparaging / dismissive of your own thoughts/opinions unless you felt there was a tacit consensus that they were unimportant/irrelevant/bad and I decided it probably wasn't the third option

b) you've brought it up at least a few times in the past

basically you should have more confidence in yourself because your opinions are at least as good as the average if not better

I think was twice before if we count, but yeah, a little flaw of mine, I prefer to be heard when I have something to contribute.

I just ramble, but okay then.

Good night

Edited by Soledai