• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

In the new translation, I see they made an unnecessary change to a perfectly fine name.

I'm indifferent to it honestly, but I only see Klein.

If the patch touched up the story where it needed it, then it isn't a worthless patch.

Edited by Soledai

Gringe FE6 patch.

Made, of course, in the vein of Awakening naming localisations and possibly story touch-ups.

ah and stat alterations, iirc.

Edited by Soledai

In the new translation, I see they made an unnecessary change to a perfectly fine name.

I'm indifferent to it honestly, but I only see Klein.

If the patch touched up the story where it needed it, then it isn't a worthless patch.

People do care about it, lol. It wouldn't have the support it had throughout its development otherwise. And people (myself included) do recommend it. Though, I am curious, what name got unnecessarily changed, in your opinion?

It's intention was to never improve the actual story the Japanese version of the game portrayed; only to improve the quality of writing of the older translation patch. There's no reason to use it over the older translation, unless you, for whatever reason--or anybody else--has some sort of attachment to the older names (which honestly aren't huge. Biggest one that comes to mind is Oujay being changed to Ogier). And no, this isn't me being condescending; I use the older translation patch for FE4 because I prefer Tiltyu over Talito. Well, that, and I'm lazy

Gringe FE6 patch.

Made, of course, in the vein of Awakening naming localisations and possibly story touch-ups.

If the characters got official names, the official names should be used. It's as simple as that (I know I might come off as a bit hypocritical because of the Tiltyu thing, but if FE4 got a new translation patch for it any time soon, I'd push Talito. I just prefer Tiltyu). The story itself didn't get changed in this patch, I don't think

The balance patch is something separate; you can play his translation patch and not have the growths or bases of characters modified

Edited by DodgeDusk

Gringe FE6 patch.

more like in the name of making the script actually good and not boring and awkward.

I can't believe anyone thought "human-not-human" was okay in the old patch. >_>

I don't like all of the name changes, but they're worth it for the much improved script.