• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Silver Lightning, is your Lord back from the Abyssal Shaft yet?

...No....no he's not..... T_T

Hi Silver Lightning.

Hi Ace! :)

haha yes haha

Oh. Well, if you're enjoying it, that's the main thing. Lack of Chao Garden is serious bummer; I remember I stockpiled many hours in SA2B because of it. And yeah, if it was objectively worse than '06, Boom was seriously going to flop. Have you seen the cartoon for Boom? It's surprisingly decent, in my opinion

Hey~!

Again, I haven't played any Sonic games in while (sparing myself from most of the Dark Age) and I don't go in with super high expectations. Chao Garden would've erased any qualms I had whatsoever though. At least they haven't completely written off the future possibility though.

I haven't seen the cartoon yet but it sounds good, if the game dialogue and characters are anything to go off of; I find myself enjoying their dynamics in this universe alot more.

[spoiler=Definitely not a random post to bump the thread]

[11/19/2014 10:02:25 PM] Tristian. S: OH YEAH
[11/19/2014 10:02:33 PM] Tristian. S: remembered when i asked about twitter?
[11/19/2014 10:02:42 PM] Mei Starr: hm?
[11/19/2014 10:02:49 PM] Tristian. S: b/c he's still around
[11/19/2014 10:02:54 PM] Tristian. S: he uses twitter
[11/19/2014 10:02:58 PM] Mei Starr: WAAAAT
[11/19/2014 10:03:04 PM] Tristian. S: yep
[11/19/2014 10:03:11 PM] Mei Starr: someone tell him to get his booty over to the thread
[11/19/2014 10:03:26 PM] Mei Starr: with kindness of course
[11/19/2014 10:03:44 PM] Mei Starr: ;w;
[11/19/2014 10:03:53 PM] Mei Starr: well at least we know he's alive lol
[11/19/2014 10:04:18 PM] Tristian. S: reactivate yours to tell him, "i miss you senpai~"
[11/19/2014 10:04:23 PM] Tristian. S: >w>
[11/19/2014 10:04:30 PM] Mei Starr: haha
Edited by Vibe

Again, I haven't played any Sonic games in while (sparing myself from most of the Dark Age) and I don't go in with super high expectations. Chao Garden would've erased any qualms I had whatsoever though. At least they haven't completely written off the future possibility though.

I haven't seen the cartoon yet but it sounds good, if the game dialogue and characters are anything to go off of; I find myself enjoying their dynamics in this universe alot more.

Man, if the Chao Garden ever made a triumphant return... I need my original Hero/Swim Chao back >: And how could I forget Legend, the legendary Neutral Chaos Chao? ... I could speak for so much longer about my not-really children, but I will refrain

They're pretty much the same characters, and the script seems similar to Rise of Lyric. Features a new character too, who goes by the name of Sparks, I think. She's in the 3DS version

[spoiler=Definitely not a random post to bump the thread]

[11/19/2014 10:02:25 PM] Tristian. S: OH YEAH

[11/19/2014 10:02:33 PM] Tristian. S: remembered when i asked about twitter?

[11/19/2014 10:02:42 PM] Mei Starr: hm?

[11/19/2014 10:02:49 PM] Tristian. S: b/c he's still around

[11/19/2014 10:02:54 PM] Tristian. S: he uses twitter

[11/19/2014 10:02:58 PM] Mei Starr: WAAAAT

[11/19/2014 10:03:04 PM] Tristian. S: yep

[11/19/2014 10:03:11 PM] Mei Starr: someone tell him to get his booty over to the thread

[11/19/2014 10:03:26 PM] Mei Starr: with kindness of course

[11/19/2014 10:03:44 PM] Mei Starr: ;w;

[11/19/2014 10:03:53 PM] Mei Starr: well at least we know he's alive lol

[11/19/2014 10:04:18 PM] Tristian. S: reactivate yours to tell him, "i miss you senpai~"

[11/19/2014 10:04:23 PM] Tristian. S: >w>

[11/19/2014 10:04:30 PM] Mei Starr: haha

so heartwarming

Pretty boring, but ok. I'm excited for more Pinocchio airing tonight from Korea! I love it so much so far~!

I'm getting all three only because I finally have money to spend from all these past months of working. It'll be nice once you have that too; there's nothing like that feeling when you can get games and such on release without having to wait months for enough money. So liberating.

And yes, I have! Now that he's back to updating, I don't have to mute my excitement anymore. Fioraaaa, come baaack!!!!! >_<

Is it a K-drama of Pinocchio or a Pinocchio animation from Korea?

There's tons of games and books I haven't bought because I'm saving money for the things I know I want as right as they come out (Pokemon, Smash, Percy Jackson), so finally having extra money to spend will definitely be a great feeling.

Careful not too spoil the many people who haven't played the game in your excitement though. But god I'm having a good time replaying it, especially since there's the LP on the side (I learned some things about the game! Like that you can get the Imperial Staff for Melia XD). I was rewatching cutscenes today and the Metal Face one in Colony 9 is so powerful (with Confrontation with the Enemy playing in the background). I think this cutscene sold me on the game's story. (Same with the Reveal cutscene where the Main Theme plays)

Edited by LuxSpes

Man, if the Chao Garden ever made a triumphant return... I need my original Hero/Swim Chao back >: And how could I forget Legend, the legendary Neutral Chaos Chao? ... I could speak for so much longer about my not-really children, but I will refrain

They're pretty much the same characters, and the script seems similar to Rise of Lyric. Features a new character too, who goes by the name of Sparks, I think. She's in the 3DS version

I sank so many hours in the Chao garden (probably more than what I put in the main game). I never was able to get myself to make Chaos Chao out of my Hero Neutral Chao (the first one I hatched)

I sank so many hours in the Chao garden (probably more than what I put in the main game). I never was able to get myself to make Chaos Chao out of my Hero Neutral Chao (the first one I hatched)

Considering SA2(B) was a mediocre game outside the Chao Garden, I imagine most people spent more time in the Chao Garden than the main game itself. I managed to make I think two Chaos Chaos, before my data got corrupted. Legend will forever live on, as a legend ;_;7

Is it a K-drama of Pinocchio or a Pinocchio animation from Korea?

There's tons of games and books I haven't bought because I'm saving money for the things I know I want as right as they come out (Pokemon, Smash, Percy Jackson), so finally having extra money to spend will definitely be a great feeling.

Careful not too spoil the many people who haven't played the game in your excitement though. But god I'm having a good time replaying it, especially since there's the LP on the side (I learned some things about the game! Like that you can get the Imperial Staff for Melia XD). I was rewatching cutscenes today and the Metal Face one in Colony 9 is so powerful (with Confrontation with the Enemy playing in the background). I think this cutscene sold me on the game's story. (Same with the Reveal cutscene where the Main Theme plays)

The drama is called Pinocchio because the main character has the (fictional) Pinocchio syndrome; she can't tell any lies without hiccuping (I think other Pinocchios, as they are called, may express the syndrome in different ways). And she wants to be a news reporter. Which is not going to be easy. It's been equal parts hilarious and touching so far in only three episodes.

I know, I know! But I never know what counts to an 'obvious' spoiler anymore to a community; like the whole Shiek and Midna spoilers in Zelda, which have been obvious or apparent for a long while. I'm really enjoying the LP though; I'll probably never 100% the game (sidequests seem more often than not a little boring compared to the main story), but I look forward to playing that new 3DS port!

I had the 3 Chaos chaos, but all were statistically gimped because we had no clue about stat breeding back then, and olny through continuous hours of trading off playing with my siblings.

Edited by Silver Lightning

...are people really acting like this is a new thing? "Too much water" was a criticism of Gen III for years. Why is IGN getting shit for it now all of a sudden?

Cause the original got 9.5 and the remake that improves on nearly every aspects of the original (except the amount of water because you can't really change that without really changing the game) got a 7.8 and the only negatives brought up are '-Too much water' and '-Too many HMs'

Considering SA2(B) was a mediocre game outside the Chao Garden, I imagine most people spent more time in the Chao Garden than the main game itself. I managed to make I think two Chaos Chaos, before my data got corrupted. Legend will forever live on, as a legend ;_;7

I dunno, I found the main game pretty fun myself :x

Because my ADD is terrible and I forget. I also thought you guys might've gone too far in the headcanon for me after my hiatus.... >.<

I know your ADD is terrible but

We've been waiting on you for three months

We haven't moved at all in the past few months, and we've been waiting on you. It's a group effort, we don't leave anyone behind.

I won't blame you for your ADD but come on <_<

Cause the original got 9.5 and the remake that improves on nearly every aspects of the original (except the amount of water because you can't really change that without really changing the game) got a 7.8 and the only negatives brought up are '-Too much water' and '-Too many HMs'

I'm pretty sure those reviews were written by different people. It's entirely possible that the person who reviewed ORAS had a lower opinion of the originals as well.

Alternatively, it could be the reviewer expected the game to do more to fix/update the game for modern times.

People get too butthurt over game reviews and review scores. Just like the games you like and stop giving a shit what other people think about them.

The drama is called Pinocchio because the main character has the (fictional) Pinocchio syndrome; she can't tell any lies without hiccuping (I think other Pinocchios, as they are called, may express the syndrome in different ways). And she wants to be a news reporter. Which is not going to be easy. It's been equal parts hilarious and touching so far in only three episodes.

I know, I know! But I never know what counts to an 'obvious' spoiler anymore to a community; like the whole Shiek and Midna spoilers in Zelda, which have been obvious or apparent for a long while. I'm really enjoying the LP though; I'll probably never 100% the game (sidequests seem more often than not a little boring compared to the main story), but I look forward to playing that new 3DS port!

I had the 3 Chaos chaos, but all were statistically gimped because we had no clue about stat breeding back then, and olny through continuous hours of trading off playing with my siblings.

That sounds like a pretty interesting concept.

As far as I know, there aren't obvious spoilers because so few people have played the game and tons of people have played OoT and TP. And you may change your opinion on side-quest when you play the game. I find them boring to watch, but they're more fun to do since they help build the world and they encourage you to explore the vast areas the game offers. Also, you often complete them just by progressing normally if you take the time to accept the quest. And they make it so that you don't have to grind enemies pointlessly by granting a good lot of EXP and gear.

I never really payed attention to the stats and only discovered they mattered years after XD

Because my ADD is terrible and I forget. I also thought you guys might've gone too far in the headcanon for me after my hiatus.... >.<

Actually, we're right at the start of Chapter 3 (where you join IIRC)

I did, too (except for the Knuckles/Rouge missions, but I don't acknowledge them). I never did manage to get all the emblems

I actually liked all 3 gameplay modes (Speed, Emerald search, Mecha) equally

I know your ADD is terrible but

We've been waiting on you for three months

We haven't moved at all in the past few months, and we've been waiting on you. It's a group effort, we don't leave anyone behind.

I won't blame you for your ADD but come on <_<

Actually, we're right at the start of Chapter 3 (where you join IIRC)

I actually liked all 3 gameplay modes (Speed, Emerald search, Mecha) equally

Yeah, I know. Sorry. Really. I'm trying to get better about stuff like this. :(

Although, yeah, I remember not really checking in because I wasn't supposed to show up for a while...