• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Oh god why Hero King. you put some images into my head that a 12 year old innocent boy should not be thinking

I had a feeling someone was going to bring it up at some point later on. *Shrugs*

I don't really understand why it sounds lewd either

???

Yeah..... don't worry about it

hellooo shinpichuuuu

what did you think of the direct overall

So...I thought I'd collect some of my thoughts on the Smash Direct

[spoiler=The Good]-Greninja looks super fun. Legit did not see him/her/it coming. Nice little foreshadowing with the substitute earlier in the trailer!

-That Sheik reveal was hilarious. Who would've thought that the Sheik supporters and detractors would both be right?

-You might not know this, but Electric Man is my favourite character in MS Paint Masterpieces, so I'm super excited to see him here. That said...well, we'll get to that later.

-Dat Yoshi.

-That Balloon Fight stage looks super neat. I may need to watch it again, but the edges are wraparound, right? Sakurai may have just created a stage that solved the problem of walkoff camping.

-Nice to see that Sakurai is at least trying to reach out to the competitive community with the "For Glory" mode. Though I have my reservations about it, especially the FD clones.

-That 3DS Adenture-mode esque thing looks tight. Plus it's cool to see that the Kremlings aren't forgotten by everyone just yet. inb4 K. Rool confirmed.

[spoiler=The Bad]That Ridley tease.... :cry:

Also, sad to see Samurai Goroh and Saki confirmed. Though those were always longshots for me anyway.

I notciced a few notable figures missing from Megaman's Final Smash....I can see why Zero was excluded, but why Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe aren't there is beyond me.

I don't really like that the way Sakurai seems to be going about making more "competitive" stages is by turning most stages into FD clones. I'm all for getting some more balanced stages, but could we get some variety? At least put a few platforms here and there. I worry that this will just add to the "No Items, FD only" perception that the competitive Smash scene gets from some casuals.

[spoiler=The Ugly(aka weird stuff)]-As much as I love Elec(tric) Man, he seems like a bit of an odd choice for an AT. Why not Bass or Proto Man, or even Zero? This combined with Sakurai saying he wanted to include as many ATs as possible makes me wonder if maybe we'll get more than one AT per third party franchise.

-That Ridley tease, as depressing as it is to see him not playable, is a bit odd. Why just show us the silhouette? Why not just show him outright? It makes me hope that Sakurai will find a way to make Ridley playable...

-No Snake? Hm...

-I guess counter is the new Landmaster. :p

Also, R.I.P Pokemon Trainer. Hopefully Ivysaur comes back.

Edited by shinpichu

the Ridley silhouette was the best whatchu talkin bout

But stage hazard :sob:

Literally the only newcomer left I gave a damn about getting in may have just been decofirmed.

But stage hazard :sob:

Literally the only newcomer left I gave a damn about getting in may have just been decofirmed.

tumblr_mm0br881f01rvvo88o4_500.gif

I died when I saw that lol.

Not that I'm rashing on Ridley supporters

me neither, I just thought it was funny how he showed it

I notciced a few notable figures missing from Megaman's Final Smash....I can see why Zero was excluded, but why Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe aren't there is beyond me

They're saving Zero for Protoman's final Smash

Iunno, I think they are more based on Zero than X/Megaman, so that could explain it?

Although Vent/Aile use only the Biometal X for the begging of ZX

Haven't played Advent so I can't say about that one

They're saving Zero for Protoman's final Smash

Iunno, I think they are more based on Zero than X/Megaman, so that could explain it?

Although Vent/Aile use only the Biometal X for the begging of ZX

Haven't played Advent so I can't say about that one

Model A is pretty much a giant expy of Axl in terms of looks and abilities(his backstory is somewhat of another matter)

I guess they wanted to stick with blue MM, but it just feels to me like ZX is getting the shaft.

Funny from someone who claimed would jump out a window if a FE13 character was in the game

I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it, I said I would jump out the window