• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Oh hey look, a Yuyuko.

Anyways I'd like advice on how to deal with school reopening. I mean, orientations and stuff seem like a waste of time, and I'm dragged into these stupid "icebreakers" and stuff for three whole days.

Oh hey look, a Yuyuko.

Anyways I'd like advice on how to deal with school reopening. I mean, orientations and stuff seem like a waste of time, and I'm dragged into these stupid "icebreakers" and stuff for three whole days.

Keep your head down and don't draw attention.

I did that and I'm fine!

Not sure what an Icebreaker is.

Keep your head down and don't draw attention.

I did that and I'm fine!

Not sure what an Icebreaker is.

See, our terrible orientation works like this (given this isn't my first year):

1. Introduce yourself to the same class as last year (apparently this is supposed to break the ice, which I'd much rather keep there)

2. Go do some stupid activities for three mornings (e.g. finding paperclips buried in boxes of newspaper shavings supposedly for "team-building")

3. Practice for some cheesy dance that everyone's forced to do on the third night, supposedly in the name of fun. I think I'm going to die, for more than one reason.

4. Bonding "as a house" with "fun" and "games" and "cheers" </sarcasm>

5. Campfire with disastrous results and nowhere to hide.

All while being supervised by over-friendly facilitators who won't hesitate to pull a "why aren't you participating actively?"

I'm even missing my archery practice.

1. Introduce yourself to the same class as last year (apparently this is supposed to break the ice, which I'd much rather keep there)

2. Go do some stupid activities for three mornings (e.g. finding paperclips buried in boxes of newspaper shavings supposedly for "team-building")

3. Practice for some cheesy dance that everyone's forced to do on the third night, supposedly in the name of fun. I think I'm going to die, for more than one reason.

All while being supervised by over-friendly facilitators who won't hesitate to pull a "why aren't you participating actively?"

Do they take attendance?

Never mind, that was a dumb question.

Not sure what to tell you. Is there any gods-awful consequence for cutting?

This is pretty interesting. How long have you been practising for?

Since about 6 weeks ago?

I never really had the time before that and was kinda shy about bringing it up to my parents until they asked on a whim but it's actually been something I've been wanting to get involved in for more than a year already.

I know exactly how you feel. I have never liked these kinds of orientations.

I suppose there's nothing more I can do to help than say "I feel for you", "good luck, Iceflare" and "hope you don't die".

Since about 6 weeks ago?

I never really had the time before that and was kinda shy about bringing it up to my parents until they asked on a whim but it's actually been something I've been wanting to get involved in for more than a year already.

Ah. A more recent thing, then

Glad you've started to pick it up. I wouldn't mind trying it out one day. Don't know anywhere local that does it, though

Ah. A more recent thing, then

Glad you've started to pick it up. I wouldn't mind trying it out one day. Don't know anywhere local that does it, though

I'm getting my personal bow soon though. As long as my timetable decides not to clash.