• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Because I'm bored, here, have some ALBW dungeon reviews:

Thieves' Hideout - It's short, but I enjoy the teamwork aspect of it. However, a lot of it felt like simply protecting the thief girl. It has a wall merge based boss too, so.... overall 7/10

Skull Woods - Easily the most annoying thing I would like to die in a hole. Mainly because of one little quirk: The wall masters you find throughout the place CANNOT be defeated permanently. They'll respawn quickly, and their presence is an annoying bit of fake difficulty. Oh, and the respawning? It's because one puzzle requires having one hit a switch above you. The boss is annoying mecha Wallmaster, who destroys portions of the arena and is defeated by... wait for it... wall merging! 5/10 at best.

Desert Palace - It does a great job using the sand wand in the dungeon itself, but.... The boss isn't as creative as ST's Sand Wand Boss. It amounts to using the Sand Wand to run around the arena then slash at the boss. I liked ST Sand Wand a bit more too, but that's beside the point. 7.5/10

Turtle Rock - It's shaped like a turtle.... that's about it. It's frustrating before you figure out how to activate the warp panels though. The boss... is Freeze it in phrase 1 and slash in phase 2. It's attacks are quick though, so... oh yeah, did I mention it's another Turtle? 8/10

(I saved my favorite of the sage dungeons I've cleared for last)

Ice Cave - I was wondering what Nobody's hype for it was about, and it didn't disappoint. The elevator was an interesting touch, and even more interesting was the way it factored into the dungeon's design. In most cases, it was your only ticket back to upper floors, which received frequent revisits, although partially for B2's fairy fountain. Moving chunks of floor was great, but I do have a small complaint: In the northwest corner of B3, there is a small breakable pathway... covered in foes that bounce you back when you slash them. The boss may be simplistic, but it had an interesting attack pattern on an icy floor that made it a fun challenge. Plus it hopped in a somewhat adorable way when completely thawed. Dawww 8.5/10

You hopped in a somewhat adorable way.

Did you just get this game or something?

You can find channels like that where comment sections are filled with them

Yeah, I've heard about them in channels, those are where the internet dregs lurk with a rare case of a decenet person, I think.

I've had ALBW for a while.

No. It's DQIX with customization to look like Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, and Youmu, coincidentally the playable cast of TD

I see.

>coincidentally

Well, that's all cool, I figure.