• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

People like to make a big deal of sharks and want them exterminated, yet they barely kill people (they don't like our taste, they often attack humans because they mistake them for seals or sea lions)

what should people do when they see a shark? Yell, "hey mr. shark, I'm a human!!"??

what should people do when they see a shark? Yell, "hey mr. shark, I'm a human!!"??

Most shark attacks are by starving sharks on people on surf boards, since they look shaped like a seal from under. I've seen vids of people just diving underwater with sharks nearby, even touching the sharks without the sharks making any aggressive action. Heck, they even found a natural chemicals that can make sharks stay away from the public beaches. My point is that people fears of shark attacks are exaggerated and they play a vital role in the food chain, which means major problems would occur if they disappeared due to being hunted.

Most shark attacks are by starving sharks on people on surf boards, since they look shaped like a seal from under. I've seen vids of people just diving underwater with sharks nearby, even touching the sharks without the sharks making any aggressive action. Heck, they even found a natural chemicals that can make sharks stay away from the public beaches. My point is that people fears of shark attacks are exaggerated and they play a vital role in the food chain, which means major problems would occur if they disappeared due to being hunted.

Indeed. Overhunting of sharks has apparently caused a drop in the population of scallops of the coast of North Carolina, which has hurt the fishing industry there IIRC.