My 3DS is broken

Flaming Kirlia

Some time ago my 3ds started turning off when I closed it, unless if I close it very slowly, also sometimes the top screen gets darker and I have to press the left of the top screen to fix that, and my L button doesn't work and the 3ds it's out of warranty

So I was wondering where/how I could fix it (I can deal with the last two, but the first is really annoying), and how much it would cost (I live in europe, that might be important), or if I should buy a 2ds since I don't use the 3D very much and it's cheaper (if so, should I wait for some special bundle, I already have pokemon Y)

Edited by Sairento

The 3DS XL is probably the best handheld Nintendo has ever released. I know it's expensive but it's worth the money.

Agreed. You're going to have a much better time with an XL than anything else. Trust me, I've tried the 2DS, and while it ain't a bad system on its own, the screens are so tiny to adults that it's hard to tell just what exactly you're doing. Save up your money for an XL if you can.

Guys this just all of a sudden happened and is somewhat relevant. It's in between the glass of the screen and the LCD display itself. It's sort of inky (I guess). Does anyone know what's wrong, and how I could fix it?

post-9694-0-44885500-1391554340_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rollertoaster

Guys this just all of a sudden happened and is somewhat relevant. It's in between the glass of the screen and the LCD display itself. It's sort of inky (I guess). Does anyone know what's wrong, and how I could fix it?

It looks like an internal fracture, might be even a crack of the LCD screen.

As for your button problem (and maybe screen problem), you might try it yourself by disassemblling it and putting spare / replacement parts in place. An image by image tutorial can be found here:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+Teardown/5029

Good luck ;)