Is there any way to save in middle of chapters in FE4?

metalsnowman3

Hello I am like halfway (i think) in chapter 2 on my first run through of FE4 and I am wondering if there are ways to save during chapters that do not involve save states of the emulator? Seeing as save states is basically cheating but I need to use it cause I am so cautious and like chapter 1 took me 72 turns or something which ended up being like 2-3 hours. I do not have time to redo 2 hours worth of movements and such. I have basically been savestating before big clashes of multiple units (mainly cause it takes me like 2-3 turns just to get everyone close and then I go). I would much rather use an in game way of saving but if there isn't then I will just use save states since if I didnt I would just not play.

Side note: I really like the giant maps and stuff it really makes this game feel more epic than all the other ones I've played, also Sigurd is like a beast for me.

Be very careful about what you set it to. In the options menu, you can see an autosave option. Turning this on will make the game ask you if you want to save at the beginning of each of your turns. Make sure that slot where it saves (indicated by the numbers 1-5) in the options menu is different from the slot where the game saves at the beginning of the chapter otherwise you won't be able to restart a chapter.