Fe7 Girls Only

Shauni

I suppose I'll announce this little sorta-kinda-reskin here now so I can have a public progress log for my first project: FE7GO (Girls Only). The hack will be a total rewrite of Fire Emblem 7's story to support the now female only cast with Lyn given a more prominent position and Isadora replacing Eliwood storywise. As for Hector, it'd be great if suggestions could be given for an existing female character to replace him or if I should insert an OC into the story to fill his role (which I kinda don't want to do without feedback from the community). Gameplay wise, the chapter maps themselves will mostly be the same as in vanilla FE7 with a few chapters receiving new custom maps to keep things interesting. However, I intend to spice things up a bit by changing enemy placement, reinforcement, and growth rates in general. The changes I'll be implementing and character list shall all be listed below.

Character List

Lords:

Lyn

Isadora (Replacing Eliwood)

(Suggest a replacement for Hector)

Others (In order of recruitment):

<Lyn's Mode>

Lyn

Florina

Rebecca (Replacing Wil)

Serra

Leila (Replacing Matthew)

Ninian (Replacing Nils throughout the entirety of the game)

< Isadora's Mode + Hector's Replacement's>

Isadora

Rebecca

Leila

Serra

Anna (Replacing Merlinus)

Priscilla

Lyn

Florina

(Sophia or Hannah to possibly replace Canas)

Fiora

Ninian

Louise

Farina (Replacing Harken + Karel)

Nino

Karla (Replacing Jaffar)

Vaida

Niime (Replacing Renault and acting as an alternate version of Athos for the last chapter)

Gameplay changes

(Red = Not yet started, Orange = Started, Blue = Near completion, Green = Complete

Decide on new cast 75%

Story re-written to fit the new female only cast 25%

Dialogue changed to fit story 0%

Isadora & Hector Replacement given own classes and animations 0%

Redo character stats & growths 0%

Redo enemy stats & growths 0%

Create & import new maps for certain chapters 0%

Create and revamp items 0%

Redo enemy placement & reinforcements 0%

Add custom animations for certain characters & classes 0%

Add custom music 0%

As stated before, I am currently looking for ideas as to who should replace Hector in the story.

Edited by Shauni

whoops

1 axe user

nevermind, it's balanced.

totally balanced. . .

maybe some other characters in the cast besides fe7 ones? I dunno just saying that would be nice.

also all the portraits should be female now including bosses [none of that fegirls crap]

ALSO NEW MAPS AND GAMEPLAY PLEASE, KAY THANKS!

Edited by ShinyPichu

I thought isadora could use axes

she can but not only is isadora's best weapon the sword, she has low con so she should use the lightest weapon in the triangle and shauni probably wants unpromoted main lords.

holy shit.

rebecca.

you beefed up.

big time.

that's a stunt double not really her

Edited by xXHeartbreakXx

Interesting idea. You might want to fiddle with classes a little though; apart from the aforementioned axe problem, there's a lack of anti-armour capability if everyone sticks with their original specialities, apart from Lyn's Mani Katti, Isadora's Rapier, who-ever-it-is's Wolf Beil and eventually Sophia/Hannah's magic. I suppose you could alternatively compensate by making Armourslayers and Heavy Spears common and cheap...

Sophia's quite a good choice for Canas' replacement. Same class, doesn't age, half manakete so can have interesting conversations with Ninian. Just remember to change that village in the penultimate chapter!

Oh, and you seem to be missing Vaida.

OC's can work providing they a) actually have a personality, b) interact well with existing cast, and c) are relatively few in number. Take a look at Emily and Lily from Cedar's FE7 hack Maiden Quest for example. They're OC's, and yet they (IMO) fit into the Caelin cast perfectly. If you can pull it off, I'd say go for it. Creating connections to existing characters is a good idea though - "Wendy's Mother" is certainly an option, and if she also happens to be Oswin's wife or something, we'll know where Wendy got her inspiration from!

I hope you've noticed the lack of axes with this cast(there are 0).

Other than that, idk, make some female axe users

This is a problem I've thought about tackling in many various ways (moar lancebusters, less lances, etc) but all of those are simple workarounds and shitty for gameplay. There's no away around the conclusion of adding in axe wielding OCs. I'm trying to keep the cast small so I'm going to add a maximum of 2-3: A replacement for Hector, a replacement for Dorcas, and maybe a replacement for Dart. Of course, I'll be needing help in the sprite department for this or they'll be running around without animations (Which isn't a BIG problem but it's kinda ghetto.) Hopefully that female pirate and female berserker sprite are open source... I'll also be adding in light magic functionality for Clerics & Priests and and Anima to Troubadours since, unless I vastly change the recruitment order, Anima & Light will be unavailable until 3/4ths into the game. Bleh

totally balanced. . .

maybe some other characters in the cast besides fe7 ones? I dunno just saying that would be nice.

also all the portraits should be female now including bosses [none of that fegirls crap]

ALSO NEW MAPS AND GAMEPLAY PLEASE, KAY THANKS!

I planned to do that originally, my only problem being that I suck at portraits. (Although if I do go with this idea, which is likely provided I can find someone to do portraits for free or cheap, I'll be keeping certain characters the same; ie. Nergal, Ephidel [Who will be placed as a boss somewhere in early-game] & Brendan Reed) I'm also looking into OCs (As mentioned above for axe users) but I'm capping this hack at 25 characters. As for new maps, we'll see. So far what I DO have planned for sure is that the chapters to unlock Durandal/Armads will be custom but anything other than that is up in the air currently.

Interesting idea. You might want to fiddle with classes a little though; apart from the aforementioned axe problem, there's a lack of anti-armour capability if everyone sticks with their original specialities, apart from Lyn's Mani Katti, Isadora's Rapier, who-ever-it-is's Wolf Beil and eventually Sophia/Hannah's magic. I suppose you could alternatively compensate by making Armourslayers and Heavy Spears common and cheap...

Sophia's quite a good choice for Canas' replacement. Same class, doesn't age, half manakete so can have interesting conversations with Ninian. Just remember to change that village in the penultimate chapter!

Oh, and you seem to be missing Vaida.

OC's can work providing they a) actually have a personality, b) interact well with existing cast, and c) are relatively few in number. Take a look at Emily and Lily from Cedar's FE7 hack Maiden Quest for example. They're OC's, and yet they (IMO) fit into the Caelin cast perfectly. If you can pull it off, I'd say go for it. Creating connections to existing characters is a good idea though - "Wendy's Mother" is certainly an option, and if she also happens to be Oswin's wife or something, we'll know where Wendy got her inspiration from!

I'll be increasing the availability of Armorslayers & Heavy Spears somewhat. (Though the prices may not be too affordable.) If Sophia is added, the village will be likely changed to Fae (for some odd reason) instead. Vaida has been added to the list, I can't believe I forgot about her! >_< I suppose I should check out Maiden Quest now.

I would recomend giving Wyvern Lords axes, from FE6 you could add Igrene, Echidna and Juno, all of wich would be very young, you could also add Natalie, Canas wife, Ursula, and other characters mentioned in conversations like Aesha (she's died before FE7 thought)