Songs speeding up after insertion?

coolperson1145

So I encountered this weird thing when inserting songs via Sappy. After I organized the song, truncate all the tracks, deleted any extra notes due to limitation, exporting, etc. I went ahead and assembled one of the songs. I took out "A Hint of Things to Come" for a different world map theme and for some strange reason, the song was sped up. Additionally, the song next to it in the sound room, "Road of Trials" also speeds up now. Is there a reason this problem was caused? What can I do to fix it?

If you look in the .s file, on track 1 there should be a line with a TEMPO command. Can you tell me what number it's set to? Also, did you write it to blank space, or did you overwrite the song?

Edited by Agro

Ah no, I meant the address of the data you wrote it to. I had suspected that you'd overwritten the data for A Hint of Things to Come which spilled over into Road of Trials. Since the tempo command is one of the first to appear, if you'd overwritten it the game would have to take the default tempo which is very fast. Anyway, you can add your own TEMPO command in--just reference other .s files you've made.