Harmony of Heroes: A Super Smash Bros fan-arrangement album

Darren

12069835585_e9ff16ba06_o.jpg

HARMONY OF HEROES: A SUPER SMASH BROS FAN ARRANGEMENT ALBUM LAUNCHING IN 2014

First Preview Trailer
Facebook
Twitter

Hey there everyone!

My name is Darren, I am Director/Producer of a Super Smash Bros fan-arrangement album called Harmony of Heroes. As an effort to try and spread the word about this album, and after discovering that Fire Emblem fan sites actually exist, I decided I would sign up here and share this with you.

12070493593_50996f5835_o.jpg

Harmony of Heroes is a diverse album covering Super Smash Bros (N64), Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Smash Bros Brawl in a variety of genres to suit a wide number of musical tastes. I have been involved in two previous projects that were focused on the Metroid franchise called Harmony of a Hunter and Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run. We released a fitting musical tribute to mark the 25th Anniversary of the Metroid franchise which has been download and enjoyed by thousands of people and is still being discussed today. The response was so overwhelming positive that we received a follow-up called Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run on the anniversary of Metroid Prime & Metroid Fusion's 10th anniversary that received a similar reception. Harmony of Heroes builds upon the success of our previous albums with a notable franchise, a greater number of musicians and content to work with and a much larger fan base.

12070940984_dcd5bf2901_o.jpg

Due to the scale of this project, I have required the assistance of a dedicated team who have been super helpful in giving feedback and support to musicians. Stephan Wells and Buoy were both involved in our previous album 101% Run, and are long time supporters from the Newgrounds community. Both of them have been a huge asset to the project so far. We also have Pyro Paper Planes who has been a long time supporter, involved both of our previous albums. We have recently had a new addition to the team, Rozen. He was previously involved with the Video Game Music Choir and has already provided an incredible arrangement of Final Destination for us, which has been performed by a 40 piece orchestra and choir. Their support and dedication to the project so far has been much appreciated.

Super Smash Bros is a franchise that I have grown with and admire greatly. It was my first introduction to characters like Samus, and I have seen just how passionate and committed its fan base is, whether you play the games casually or professionally. It is a collection of everything that is great about Nintendo, and more! My aim for this album is to pay the greatest possible tribute to the music of Super Smash Bros and the series as a whole. I believe Harmony of Heroes offers that, and will continue to do that with the support of the many communities and websites that are helping spread the word and listen to our work.

12070660803_185304da65_o.jpg

It's cool to share this with a group of passionate Fire Emblem fans, I genuinely did not know that fan websites existed for this franchise, so I am incredibly interested to hear what the music of the franchise means to some of you. It's also an opportunity for me to learn, as I haven't played many games in this franchise (don't kill me!) I would love to have the support of Serenes Forest in this project moving forward, so I hope I can count on your support!

Edited by Darren

Oh, you're not asking for money? WELCOME!!!

Looove the Kirby arrangement. Got that silly European feel.

here's a suggestion: next time you pander to an FE site, make sure to include a preview of an FE song...

Oh, you're not asking for money? WELCOME!!!

Looove the Kirby arrangement. Got that silly European feel.

here's a suggestion: next time you pander to an FE site, make sure to include a preview of an FE song...

Haha! No i'm not asking for money... does that happen often here?

Thank you, Dream Band is a track we are very proud of, it's such a fun track!

Rest assured that we are working on something incredibly special for Fire Emblem, and I cannot wait to share it with you all!

Yay!!! More music threads!

Loving the swing DK (What a pun!), and the Zelda one sounds like the Lone Ranger theme. The Kirby one, while awesome, brings back memories of the 10 hour version. Never again...

Really looking forward to the Fire Emblem one. Game music is hard to make (As i'm currently finding out for myself), but it must be really cool to take iconic tracks and put a different spin on them. Well done!

Yay!!! More music threads!

Loving the swing DK (What a pun!), and the Zelda one sounds like the Lone Ranger theme. The Kirby one, while awesome, brings back memories of the 10 hour version. Never again...

Really looking forward to the Fire Emblem one. Game music is hard to make (As i'm currently finding out for myself), but it must be really cool to take iconic tracks and put a different spin on them. Well done!

Thanks for the kind words! Music in general seems like a huge mountaiin, I am lucky enough to know so many talented people that have wanted to contribute to this album and pay tribute to all of these great franchises. I personally can't wait to share what we have for Fire Emblem!

This really sounds amazing! Both the news and the music! XD

I'm glad we have such amazing Smash Bros. fans who pool together their musical skills to make stuff like this possible. I'll certainly be excited to hear the whole thing once its ready (and of course the Fire Emblem tracks)!

Harmony of a Hunter had some incredible tracks, so it's really nice to know that you're working on a Smash Bros project since it touches to so many great franchises. I can't wait to see what you will come up for Fire Emblem.

Harmony of a Hunter had some incredible tracks, so it's really nice to know that you're working on a Smash Bros project since it touches to so many great franchises. I can't wait to see what you will come up for Fire Emblem.

Oh, you've heard of our previous albums? If so that's pretty awesome! I'm amazed by how far the albums reached, it was a pleasure to put them together. I hope this one will sit alongside it as something that people love and appreciate! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious to know if the admins of Serenes Forest would be interested in promoting this via their website, and potentially some kind of affiliation between our two websites? It'd be great to reach out to more Fire Emblem fans and have some backing from fan communities. Stronger together and all that..

I remember you guys from around a month ago on Twitter. I loved it! It reminds me of the awesome We Bros. X album, but this one has more genres than just dubstep and electronic. Keep up the good work! :D

Haha! No i'm not asking for money... does that happen often here?

The post quality of newer member is something of a thing we joke about around here from time to time.

Moving on...

...just... holy crap.

Wow.

I was curious to know if the admins of Serenes Forest would be interested in promoting this via their website, and potentially some kind of affiliation between our two websites? It'd be great to reach out to more Fire Emblem fans and have some backing from fan communities. Stronger together and all that..

The one you should probably contact is VincentASM in regards to promoting it on the mainsite itself, since he's the admin in charge of it.

Edit: Wow, I'm late.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 2 months later...

The post quality of newer member is something of a thing we joke about around here from time to time.

Moving on...

...just... holy crap.

Wow.

The one you should probably contact is VincentASM in regards to promoting it on the mainsite itself, since he's the admin in charge of it.

Edit: Wow, I'm late.

Hey!

Thanks very much for that. I have sent Vincent a couple of messages but so far, not much luck. It would be great to have Serenes Forest's support, as many of you have already shown. A second trailer is currently being put together, maybe they'll be something to satisfy this fan base within it ;)