newbie here.. help with marriage

toppa016

hi.. these are my tentative pairings.. just want to ask what skills should i pass down from the parents.. thanks :)

ChromXOlivia

Toppar(my unit)XLucina

LissaXLibra

SullyXKellam

CordeliaXLonqu

SumiaXFredrick

NowiX Donnell or Gaius not sure yet

MirielXRicken

ChercheXVaike

Tharja (no idea so far, any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Maribelle (same as Tharja)

Have you actually gotten any S supports yet? If not, I'd switch Frederick to Cherche and give Henry to Sumia. I hear those are two of the most efficient pairings. Also, as stated above, Stahl is one of the best fathers, he's a must for marriage.

All can say on the matter is that in general, children get the classes their parents get, so it largely doesn't matter (other than gender exclusive classes). However, Chrom always passes down Aether to girls and Rightful King to boys. Also...

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

You might want to give this a look.

Have you actually gotten any S supports yet? If not, I'd switch Frederick to Cherche and give Henry to Sumia. I hear those are two of the most efficient pairings. Also, as stated above, Stahl is one of the best fathers, he's a must for marriage.

fredrick is already married to sumia :( to whom should i marry stahl to? thanks for the input btw

fredrick is already married to sumia :( to whom should i marry stahl to? thanks for the input btw

Oh. Well, you could start over, but I doubt you want to do that, so all I can say now is that I strongly agree with Stahl x Cordelia. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Oh. Well, you could start over, but I doubt you want to do that, so all I can say now is that I strongly agree with Stahl x Cordelia. xP

was already thinking of starting over with a harder difficulty.. could you give me the best pairings in your opinion? with skills to inherit from their parents? thank very much in advance

Frederick and Sumia is a pretty efficient pairing, helps Sumia herself a lot, don't worry.

...I don't care much about second gen building if that's the thing you're planning for, though, but it's not a bad cynthia at all.

Stahl x Cordelia is pretty cool like some people have been saying, too.

was already thinking of starting over with a harder difficulty.. could you give me the best pairings in your opinion? with skills to inherit from their parents? thank very much in advance

Off of the top of my head:

Chrom x Sumia

MaMU x Lucina

Cordelia x Stahl

Libra x Lissa

Ricken x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Miriel

Tharja x Donnel/Gaius

Nowi x Donnel/Gaius

Olivia x Kellam

Cherche x Vaike (Support Build Gerome)

Fred x Panne

Sully x Leftovers

Because I hate Sully.

Kellam doesn't really do much for Kjelle. Sully's best pairing is with Donnel, but I've seen some interesting options, even pairing her with Virion has worked decently well before.

I'd advise MirielxGregster instead of Ricken. While Laurent likes Luna, he already has Vengeance as his proc and if you add Vantage and Armsthrift from his pa he can be a huge damage dealer, especially with access to Sorcerer. While FreddyxSumia is good if you want a balanced unit, it forces Cynthia to abandon Dark Flier (due to her lower magic and speed she'll fit Paladin better), so if you want her flying then that's no good. However, stick with that if you want and give Henry to Maribelle for kickass Brady and give Gaius to Tharja for Galeforce psycho.

Ah, I see. Well, I'm no expert and can only tell you what I've heard from actual experts on here, but here's the list I think works:

Chrom x Sumia or Chrom x Olivia (the former is best for main game, I hear, while the latter is best for post-game. Unless you were to go Female Avatar, which in that case is Chrom's best because it's the only way Female Avatar gets two kids to make really good. Ugh, how I wish fathers had kids linked to them. >_<)

Libra x Lissa

Frederick x Cherche

Male Avatar x Nowi (two super Manakete kids as well as to help maximize Galeforce users)

Donnel x Sully

Stahl x Cordelia

Gaius x Tharja

Kellam x Miriel

Vaike x Panne

Lon'qu x Olivia (if you're going Chrom x Sumia. If not, Sumia's best bet is Henry)

Henry x Sumia (if you're going Chrom x Olivia)

This way, you give Galeforce access to Kjelle, Nah, and Noire, who can only get it if their father passes the Peg knight line. Frederick also works for Panne though, because as with Gerome, Yarne can take that -2 speed modifier. It's also true that Sumia benefits from Frederick's mods, but Cynthia, not so much. Her speed and res are cut, and those are a Peg knight's prime stats. She's not bad in the end, but overall it's still the worst Cynthia. With Henry, you get a tanky magical Dark Flier Cynthia, which I hear rocks and is a reason I married Sumia to him.

Vaike has a bunch of male only classes, which works for Yarne because he's a guy and can get the most out of it. A girl wouldn't get as much because she would only be able to get one male-only skill and Vaike can give a few different good ones. Yarne also gets a nice strength boost.

Lon'qu with Olivia results in a damned speedy and strong Inigo, methinks.

Kellam x Miriel gives you a tanky mage in Laurent, I'm guessing, which is a rare sight to behold.

Stahl x Cordelia makes the already really good Severa even more devastating.

Libra x Lissa makes a great magical Owain (sorry, sword hand. :P)

Chrom x Sumia will give you a pretty good physical Cynthia with Aether and a pretty decent Lucina overall. Chrom x Olivia gives you a speedy Lucina and a Rightful King Inigo that can abuse skills like Astra, Luna, and Lethality.

This is just what I'm GUESSING, however, from these characters' mods and from what experts on here have said.

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom x [Olivia/Sumia/Maribelle]

Lissa x [Ricken/Libra]

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x [Gregor/Stahl/Lon'qu]

Sumia x [Chrom/Henry]

Maribelle x [Chrom/Ricken/Libra/Henry/Virion]

Panne x [Frederick/Anyone with +STR]

Cordelia x [Lon'qu/Stahl/Virion]

Nowi x [Virion/Frederick/Kellam/Vaike]

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x [Chrom/Stahl/Ricken/Libra]

Cherche x [Vaike/Gregor/Henry]

MU x [2nd Gen, if Male MU: Make sure she has Galeforce.]

Lon'qu with Olivia results in a damned speedy and strong Inigo, methinks.

No procs and a +1 Str/Mag mod isn't that strong...

Chrom x [Olivia/Sumia/Maribelle]

Lissa x [Ricken/Libra]

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x [Gregor/Stahl/Lon'qu]

Sumia x [Chrom/Henry]

Maribelle x [Chrom/Ricken/Libra/Henry/Virion]

Panne x [Frederick/Anyone with +STR]

Cordelia x [Lon'qu/Stahl/Virion]

Nowi x [Virion/Frederick/Kellam/Vaike]

Tharja x Gaius

Olivia x [Chrom/Stahl/Ricken/Libra]

Cherche x [Vaike/Gregor/Henry]

MU x [2nd Gen, if Male MU: Make sure she has Galeforce.]

Cordelia can also go well with Ricken if he's free and you want a magical Severa.

Chrom/Olivia is by far the best for inigo and lucina because it gives inigo Aether (AWESOME!!!) and Lucina access to the Dancer skills. most people say sumia, but it's wasted for lucina.

Has to be the most disagreed upon subject on the FEA forums.

Chrom/Olivia is by far the best for inigo and lucina because it gives inigo Aether (AWESOME!!!) and Lucina access to the Dancer skills. most people say sumia, but it's wasted for lucina.

lolwat. Inigo gets RfK, and dancer class can't be inherited. And the skills that it has are pretty bad, anyways. On the other hand, Chrom!Cynthia *DOES* get Aether, and Lucina still gets GF, the only skill she needs outside of her original set.

Edited by Gaius217

You might want to try pairings before you go on like that... Inigo can't get Aether, and Chrom x Olivia is already purely for Inigo's benefit- Lucina won't get Tomefaire or very impressive mods (none over 3), something that both Sumia and Maribelle give her (and Cynthia does get Aether).

No procs and a +1 Str/Mag mod isn't that strong...

Huh, my Lon'qu must've gotten strength blessed or something, because he hits really hard for me. Oopsie. :P

Do your research please.

Azure/Inigo can never get Aether unless you hack it on him somehow.

The best he gets is a Luna + Royal Weapon/Rightful King:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8lfqa9W5Bk

Lucina gets access to a dancer skill (not plural) aka Luck+4.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I would pay to see that. Olivia's outfit is great.

Boobs don't matter since Miriel gets Tharja's body when reclassed to Sorc, and it's never stated that Miriel's beauty matches her intellect.