Importing map problem

Pack yak

Hi.

First and foremost, I should say that I'm using a map from Prime's map pack- specifically "Some Valley" which I believe is 1C1D1E1F without tile animations.

After exporting the MAR to 00DA1000, I saved the nightmare pointer as 0x8DA1000, as well as setting the points to 1C1D1E1F.

However, after checking to see if it worked I was (not so) shocked to see that I had failed.

I was wondering if anyone would help me-hopefully I'll be able to do this without asking questions every 5 minutes.

Reinsert the map and it should work

If you do something and make changes in nightmare afterward the with a hex editor (or any editing program for that matter) still open, the changes made first will be erased.

After reinserting the map, although it loads a bit more and became a little less glitchy, the map still doesn't work- and now a message of an unsupported BIOS file appears.

I'll guess I did something wrong again?

Are you sure you got the pointer addresses right? You usually get that sort of thing if you've overwritten something important

I'm sure I got it correct, but I'll run it here to make sure.

MAR exported (and reinserted) to 00DA1000

Pointer of Chapter Two map set to 0x8DA1000

I reinserted the map agian, no progress, but I went back to step one of a glitchy purple map with unmovable units. as opposed to a greener map giving me the message of an unsupported bios file.

All of the normal events (Lyn jabbering, Glass wanting the Mani Kati etc. occur without error, and the other two chapters aren't affected at all.)

Unless my definition of reinserting is different (or if I have the bytes of 1C1D1E1F wrong, which i'm unsure of, but doubt) I'm clueless to why its not working.

Edited by Pack yak