The Title Screen of Death [FE7]

TheDarion

Hey everyone,

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but I'm having an issue I haven't had in the past.

tl;dr: I inserted a map into the game, but whenever I start the chapter it's assigned to, the game goes back to the "2003 Nintendo Presents" screen.

Detailed:

I've never really had an issue importing maps.

This map is 27x25, so the size isn't an issue.

I inserted it into an area I know is free space (all FF, I presume, is free space as that is all area where the ROM expanded).

I changed the map pointer in even references to the same place I put the map, and added 0x8000000 like you're supposed to.

I changed the tiles to the correct ones as well.

At this point, I'm thinking it must be the events, but I've tried it with 3 different chapters and the chapter select code (P, E11 and Ch. 30 if anyone cares.)

Any clue? Thanks!

where exactly did you insert it

You saying that made me second guess myself, so I inserted it somewhere quite a bit further down in another rom and it worked. I suppose it was just too close to something else? Thanks. If you're wondering, I inserted it at 100B2B2

if you're going to insert in expanded space you may as well just write it to the end of the ROM; unless you know exactly how big it is it's liable to do exactly that and overwrite something or other

Well, I just inserted it and I have had absolutely no issues with it. However, I did not insert map changes with it. I would like to once again check with you that you are:

1. not overwriting any existing data

2. not putting anything into the "write map pointer to" field in the Tiled map inserter (or, if you are, NOT writing D80000)

3. inserting at a 4-aligned address (you're using D80000 so apparently yes)

4. are actually writing a map pointer to it in the event references

If you did all of that then there shouldn't any reason as to why your map isn't working.