CT075

So, I downloaded this randomizer for my Mac a few days ago. After quite a few problems, I was finally able to navigate to the folder in terminal. When I typed 'python3 run.py', this is what I got:

FERandomizer ver 0.4

Try using the 'help' command or reading the included commands.txt file

to get information on how to work this thing. Remember to 'open' a ROM

before you start!

>>> open fe7.gba

Loaded ROM from disc.

Game set to FE7

>>> r units

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data\\FE7\\units.json'

>>> r items

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data\\FE7\\weapons.json'

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

since it's just changing numbers, could this sorta thing be modified to work with say, FE4? I feel like it would be double the random (or unfair) fun due to holy blood, skills, and children (but would need some tweaking in other places)

Edited by Lamia

It definitely would, but you'd need to do some heavy tweaking due to the way I have unit structs setup.

If you're interested, I'll see if I can't give limited support

this version is, quite frankly, a litany of poor design decisions. I have better plans in motion, but I haven't had time to work on them recently.

• 4 weeks later...

So, with the current fix patches, I'm still getting characters randomized with like... a couple of extra stat boosters in their inventories, and sometimes the wrong items (a cavalier Guy with a Wo Dao, for example). I know you guys aren't really working on this much any more, but I know the randomizer didn't do this before, do you have any working older versions that didn't do this, just so we can mess around with the randomizer as it is? Without getting gifted stat boosters and other nonsense?

Actually, it isn't supposed to even touch stat boosters. We planned to do that but never finished/started it.

Frankly, I have word on a new randomizer being worked on and it's going to top the other two by a big margin. Just deal with the bugs in this one/manually edit out with nightmare until the new one is finished. And don't count on it soon, but it should be here eventually.

• 5 weeks later...

In FE8, it's a little... interesting. Got to Ch. 1 before eventually giving up and deciding, no, this isn't the easiest of things.
Eirika started as a Shaman. With practically no stats. This probably needs to be remidied the same way the FE7 lords were. Eirika also only starts with her Rapier and a Vulnerary, making this, predicatbly, a bit of an issue. Luckily, Seth started out as a Summoner (without the summon command, though), and had a Flux tome I managed to get past the bosses with.
Ch. 1 arrives, and so do Gilliam and Franz. Franz is a pretty girl who just wants to let out the ballerina inside of him. He brought an Energy Ring, and more brokenly, a 19 use Angelic Robe. And could still, mind you, fight with Swords and Lances. Same thing happened next randomization when Seth became a dancer, sans the Angelic Robe.

EDIT: Looked back and saw that support for FE8 isn't happening anymore. I guess just keep this in mind for version 2.0, or something.

EDIT2: Playing FE7, now, and got Dorcas as a Soldier. Do those promote now, orrrr

Edited by Flame Emblem

• 1 month later...

I realize it's been a number of months sense someone posted here, but this has been the most helpful spot so I'll stat here...

I've been trying to get this randomizer to run for 2 hours! I'm using a mac airbook, I have python 3 set up, I have all the stuff in the right folder......but when I use the the script in the python 3 launcher..I get a invalid syntax error....

Here's a screenshot

file:///Users/Chris/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-11%20at%2011.10.56%20PM.png

I realize it's been a number of months sense someone posted here, but this has been the most helpful spot so I'll stat here...

I've been trying to get this randomizer to run for 2 hours! I'm using a mac airbook, I have python 3 set up, I have all the stuff in the right folder......but when I use the the script in the python 3 launcher..I get a invalid syntax error....

Here's a screenshot

file:///Users/Chris/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-11%20at%2011.10.56%20PM.png

That's also not how screenshots work.

Upload to imgur or something.

• 2 months later...

you're using python 2, not python 3

i'm not entirely sure how to force a mac to use the correct version of python; you can try using "python3 run.py" from the folder the randomizer is in

mac OSX uses python 2 internally so i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't let you and just failed silently

the path /usr/bin/python on a mac will always be python 2 for legacy reasons

e:

more importantly, it is literally impossible to get that error in python 3

Edited by CT075

• 8 months later...