Whats the difference between the SFC cart of Thracia and the normal cart?

Replica Model

The BS thing is based on FE3. I seem to recall there's two version of FE5 but the other is something about Nintendo Power.

I think Nintendo Power was some kind of streaming thing where you bought games at the Japanese equivalent of a gas station mini-mart, and you could load them onto some special cartridge. I think the physical version of FE5 is extremely rare, though.

I own both a Nintendo Power cartridge with FE5 and the actual copy. There are no noticeable differences in the actual game as far as I can tell, but there are cosmetic differences between the physical games themselves. The Nintendo Power cartridge is just a generic white cartridge (see here) with nothing to distinguish it from any other Nintendo Power cartridge. The normal version has a proper box, manual, and label (see here). If you just want the game, then it really doesn't make much of a difference, but the more "hardcore" collectors out there would probably prefer the regular version for its cosmetic superiority.

Both versions of the game are likely to cost a pretty penny, so keep that in mind when buying.

I own both a Nintendo Power cartridge with FE5 and the actual copy. There are no noticeable differences in the actual game as far as I can tell, but there are cosmetic differences between the physical games themselves.

I thought the ranking system was different, as cosmetic as it sounds.

Edited by Woodshooter

Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember hearing something about that. That isn't what I would consider a major difference, though.

FWIW, if you're shooting for the coveted SSS rank, you'll need to get the regular version of the game. It was supposedly added to the game after the AAA rank turned out to be too easily attained.

(Of course, you could always just count turns, hahahah.)

Well, from what you guys say about the carts, I'll go for the normal cart because of the rarity and its cosmetic looks. From reading the wiki on the SFC version, it, from what I understand, is a ROM cart that you install to the Disk System to the Super Famicom and play it like any other game and this prevented piracy. The reason Nintendo put this generic cart of games is due to the fact that the Family Computer was popular in Japan and Nintendo wanted to keep up with the latest trends. Quite interesting learning about the history of Nintendo, isn't it?

Now it would be nice to have that deluxe set! But it contains the SFC version so thats a big minus for me.

Edited by Replica Model