Persona 3 Mafia - Game Cancelled - Mass Destronktion

Elieson

^ supporting GP and Blue on this notion.

As said before, being too open with actions/theoretical targets with any sort of skill (role cops, protection, roleblocks, etc.) just makes it easier for scum to work around townie night actions.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nth-ing this. We need to be very discreet about who we plan on copping, bodyguarding, hooking, et cetera.

In other news, I think we need to talk with Junko some more while we have the time. He's made some pretty awful, scummy-looking plays, but he does seem very new and not altogether familiar with English, so it's a tough call.

Junko, what do you think of the game so far? Who seems scummy, and who seems clean, and why?

Still requesting a sub but wtf, no, my vote on Wen was not because his ISO is broken. My vote on Wen was because he kept encouraging paranoia about SB while still saying there was no reason to lynch him. The point of saying his ISO was broken was just explaining why my case wasn't referencing/linking specific posts- I didn't have time to trawl through the ~15 pages at the time looking for a few specific posts.

I wouldn't vote someone for having a broken ISO, seriously? >_>

I do not support a Cop/Rolecop targeting SB btw; SB's actions fit neither the mold of a generic mafia member nor do they fit SB's specific scum meta. SB likes coasting and putting in minimum effort as scum; he's been one of the most active players here and his reaction to the FFM dayvig read genuine. Additionally, no mafia member wants to put themselves into the spotlight right away by doing something like this. Someone said that SB was vague about being ITP and letting town discuss him, but beyond not revealing his wincon, which he has no reason to do, he wasn't vague at all. He claimed in his very first post after the game started and then restated that he was being completely serious like 10 minutes later. I think an investigative role targeting SB would be a waste.

I do not support a Cop/Rolecop targeting SB btw; SB's actions fit neither the mold of a generic mafia member nor do they fit SB's specific scum meta. SB likes coasting and putting in minimum effort as scum; he's been one of the most active players here and his reaction to the FFM dayvig read genuine. Additionally, no mafia member wants to put themselves into the spotlight right away by doing something like this. Someone said that SB was vague about being ITP and letting town discuss him, but beyond not revealing his wincon, which he has no reason to do, he wasn't vague at all. He claimed in his very first post after the game started and then restated that he was being completely serious like 10 minutes later. I think an investigative role targeting SB would be a waste.

I agree here. SB's a smart guy; the only reason he would be claiming neutral is because he is neutral, and doesn't want to get copped as neutral and roasted in a fire. Rolecop: target someone else, anyone else. We're not getting good information from Charlie.

Though he's not cleared, I feel inclined to agree with BBM regarding no-scan on SB (at least for now, unless/until SB gives us a reason to be more wary of him).

@BBM: What're your reads currently on people? (Aside from the Wen vote) What's your opinion regarding Sky wagon/vote currently?

(I know you asked to be subbed in, but did see or find anything noteworthy if/when you scanned through the thread?)

Guys Junko is town did you see her ED1 play? It doesn't make sense to be newb!mafia srsly

ED1 play? And I will not tell who I think is scum till this phase ends due to not having much evidence. And Terrador, English is my first language I just don't care foru much grammar but I am trying.

Guys Junko is town did you see her ED1 play? It doesn't make sense to be newb!mafia srsly

Well, assuming both Sky and Junko are mafia, Junko's bussing pretty damn hard--much more so than would ever make sense, and I doubt anyone new would have the stone-cold brass ones to make a play like that even if they did think it was the right move.

Sky flipping Nyx would pretty much clear Junko in my book.

As far as her early Day 1 play not making sense... waffling and not getting much done is consistent with newb!mafia and newb!scum. Not all new scum hide--maybe Junko was advised to just post like he was town, and actively so. Why would Junko be clear right now...?

someone please unvote Sky Paladin kthx

I don't want to run the risk of a quickhammer at this time when we are barely 24 hours into D1.

SB and others still haven't seen most of today's discussion, for one thing.

MEH ##Unvote

I looked through Wen's ISO and although his early posts still ping me for suspecting SB for no reason, the reaction to the vote-switching role felt genuine. I think that the two most likely reasons for the vote-switching role being used as it was are:

1) Sky going for a quickhammer

2) Mafia trying to frame Sky

In neither scenario does it really make sense for a scum member to change their vote right after the role's usage? dunno

I don't really see the supposed townslip GP made that SB is talking about but her play still feels townie to me; much more engaged than it was in ITTD as scum. I kind of agree with Marth on Junko's ED1 play. That being said, Junko, more discussion is always a good thing. Day 1 quickhammers are especially lame IMO, though this game had an exceptionally short RVS. I think Marth is also townie overall. Eury's putting in more effort than she does normally as scum, so town IMO.

I want to sleep so I don't have time to go through Terrador's and Shinori's ISOs, but something about their posts kind of pinged me. I will maybe do this tomorrow morning if I haven't been subbed out.

I'm kind of leaning scum on Sky again because a quick reread of ED1 shows that there was more SB paranoia than I thought there was, so Sky might actually have considered it valid to push for a lynch there as scum. That being said, I kind of dislike that several of the people voting Sky for tunneling SB were themselves suspicious of SB (Junko, Wen). But then I also think right now that both those people are town so ugh. I guess I'd be okay with a Sky lynch.

Someone asked me why an SK wouldn't shoot FFM- SKs want to shoot townie-looking people who won't get lynched, not random people who didn't even look townie.

Anyone mind voting back. He is still finished but I have basically no more thoughts on this day

Psssst, Junko: rushing to end the Day is generally a bad move for Town. These discussions are the primary resource we have--just because you're done doesn't mean everyone else is. Not by a long shot.

As far as her early Day 1 play not making sense... waffling and not getting much done is consistent with newb!mafia and newb!scum. Not all new scum hide--maybe Junko was advised to just post like he was town, and actively so. Why would Junko be clear right now...?

*his

also agreed w/ everyone that discussing targets is a bad idea. If scum have a martyr/safeguard/redirector/driver/tailor/etc. they'd know exactly how to fuck with you.

OH RIGHT

I keep on forgetting things.

It's probably between myself, Eury or Terrador. That said, I would strongly advise anyone not to try to kill me.

Are you claiming PGO?

This should speak enough words.

Scum know who their scumbuddies are, and what roles they have.

However, they do not know who each other person is- townie or ITP- nor do they know their specific roles (unless they have an ability to know that information, which generally doesn't happen).

So even though they know "Whose NOT Mafia", they still don't have a lot of information. This is why carelessly claiming actions, roles, etc. in-thread can feed more information needlessly to scum teams (which makes SB's choice of not saying his ITP wincon a legitimate/logical action), which in turn, makes it easier for them to conduct night kills and other night actions. Knowing who's what can tell them who's the biggest threat to them, and can create a priority list of sorts of who's to be taken down first, and how to block off/fend off as much townie night actions to ensure theirs go through as efficiently as possible. (They can set people to block role-blockers, doctors, scans, etc. while trying to gun down someone they want dead.)