Mario Kart 8

kingddd

Oh yeah, I forgot to add my "favorite" glider. It says the Cloud Glider, but my favorite is really the Flower Glider. I unlocked the Cloud Glider way before the Flower one, so I wound up using that more since it was the one I liked best before I got the Flower Glider.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that the amount of item rape that I've experienced online in this game is far, far worst than that I've experienced in Mario Kart Wii. I can't count the number that I've been in the top four racers near the finish line, been bombarded by items and then ended up finishing in the last four.

*sigh*

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Ah, you rekt me there, thank you very much. Reminds me how I rekt Dijon yesterday with 2nd place triple reds by the same leaf shortcut in CC, he had a banana, though, but te goddess save him from falling down the cliff. He got second and me first, it was satisfying :smug:

I have to say that the amount of item rape that I've experienced online in this game is far, far worst than that I've experienced in Mario Kart Wii. I can't count the number that I've been in the top four racers near the finish line, been bombarded by items and then ended up finishing in the last four.

*sigh*

You pretty much described every Mario Kart Online to be honest.

I've had more issues with Mario Kart Wii and 7's online with item chaining than 8. 7 imo was the worst. The blue shells were astronomical in that version I couldn't race a single match where there weren't two blue shells. Not to mention AI rubberbanding in that version was much worse than Mario Kart Wii and 8's. Mario Kart 8 at least reduced those significantly and I can actually win races online unlike Wii and 7 because of the blue shells.

The biggest problem I have with MK8's item system is 3 red shells for 2nd place racers in a more than 6 player environment.

Ah, you rekt me there, thank you very much. Reminds me how I rekt Dijon yesterday with 2nd place triple reds by the same leaf shortcut in CC, he had a banana, though, but te goddess save him from falling down the cliff. He got second and me first, it was satisfying :smug:

I keep telling people to get 2nd-place triple reds, they really are as guilt-free as I advertise. (BTW Quint, I hope you dug my pink mii & cat cruiser setup. I already have 10+ differently colored miis that I select randomly, all with special setups, so who knows when you'll see it again)

The items only reach shenanigans level for me in capacity races on N64 Rainbow Road and Mario Kart Stadium. The long straightaways mean almost everyone behind you is throwing shells in your direction (MK Stadium becomes a pure gauntlet in the segment after the 2nd turn by throwing in walls for physics-defying ricochets). The only thing I actually mind is severe lag, though.

The biggest problem I have with MK8's item system is 3 red shells for 2nd place racers in a more than 6 player environment.

I actually really hate this too. Though, it's happened to me a couple of times (on BOTH sides of the situation, though I'm more often the person IN second place).

Sometimes in races, if I have like 3 red shells, I save them to hit the GOOD racers (Dijon, Jazzah, Gaia, Quint), and then I try to use ALL of my shells on them while I cheer on the other racers who are maybe not quite as advanced (including myself, no offense to any racers out there)! I remember this one time (very vaguely) it was me, Dijon, Ana.. and someone else, and then I used all 3 red shells on Dijon, while cheering on Ana and the other.

Sacrificed my spot for it, but at least it makes others feel good! Sorry if you've noticed this, Dijon.

Edited by Carter

I keep telling people to get 2nd-place triple reds, they really are as guilt-free as I advertise. (BTW Quint, I hope you dug my pink mii & cat cruiser setup. I already have 10+ differently colored miis that I select randomly, all with special setups, so who knows when you'll see it again)

I approve these miis, they're colorful.

Also, that Driver's License looks good

Oh. and Carter, you don't think I'm good? Gee, thanks... :(

I admit, I'm no expert racer though.

She's not saying you're a bad racer, simply you're not as experienced or good as others; this doesn't necessary mean you're like scrub tier or something.

Speaking of tiers, I think we all agree Mike Karp on Cherry Blossoms is God Tier while Mustard and his coward tactics dump him into Trash Tier amirite :Kappa:

j/k

Oh. and Carter, you don't think I'm good? Gee, thanks... :(

I admit, I'm no expert racer though.

No, I mean like by my standards, I'm terrible!

When I say good, I mean extreme. Dijon and others seem to ALWAYS be 1st place! Seen the maps? It's crazy!

No, I mean like by my standards, I'm terrible!

When I say good, I mean extreme. Dijon and others seem to ALWAYS be 1st place! Seen the maps? It's crazy!

You? Terrible? No way, girl. Truth be told, I sorely underestimated you. You're pretty good, if you ask me. xP

But I see now. You're right, Dijon and the others get first quite a bit. But not always, I've gotten some firsts myself. lol

In fact, I still can't believe I won on Rainbow Road twice already. That one is pretty much my worst track despite it being my favorite. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Sacrificed my spot for it, but at least it makes others feel good! Sorry if you've noticed this, Dijon.

I've noticed, and I 100% approve of it. Going out of your way to destroy someone makes things more fun.

Hey Dijon, where'd you get that MK8 card in your sig? :o

I got it from this site. I shrunk mine a bit because I don't like my sig to take up too much vertical space (but that just means yours, if you choose to use one, might be bigger than mine and therefore better).

I got it from this site. I shrunk mine a bit because I don't like my sig to take up too much vertical space (but that just means yours, if you choose to use one, might be bigger than mine and therefore better).

Ah, thanks! I made one. :) I can't post it as an image though. How did you do that?

Now that I think about it though, I believe there was something similar for Smash Bros. Brawl awhile back. The whole card thing sounds really familiar.

Edited by Anacybele

It was still pretty funny seeing carter reking us all. Damn me though that I accidentally deleted my mercedez video while cleaning up my folder and it was over 13gb video so it did an automatic deletion and not move to my recycle bin.

Sometimes in races, if I have like 3 red shells, I save them to hit the GOOD racers (Dijon, Jazzah, Gaia, Quint), and then I try to use ALL of my shells on them while I cheer on the other racers who are maybe not quite as advanced (including myself, no offense to any racers out there)!

I appreciate the compliment and all, but you're missing someone. MIKE. I'm pretty sure he's got me beat at a solid 2-1, last time I checked. It might've been 3-1, even.

(Please excuse the link, mobile never wants to cooperate lol)

Tsk, tsk. Jazzah, always on the move.

Anyways, I uh, made one too.

qJH5tcs.png

I was gonna make an Avdol joke, but I decided against it with my GREAT JUDGEMENT, and also JoJo Spoilers.