Mario Kart 8

kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if Luigi is 5'8" and Link is 5'4", that would make Luigi taller too, and I believe he's given a shorter model in Smash. :/

And in Smash Pikachu is half the size of Link, despite being only 1 1/3 feet tall. What's your point?

Oh yeah, you can also go to that pool in Ocarina of Time to measure Link's height. IIRC he's only 5 feet tall there.

How do we even know that those numbers were supposed to represent feet or meters or yards or whatever?

And in Smash Pikachu is half the size of Link, despite being only 1 1/3 feet tall. What's your point?

Pikachu is one of the characters that needed to be resized. Luigi and Link did not, so there was no reason for their models to be different in comparision to their real heights.

Edited by Anacybele

How do we even know that those numbers were supposed to represent feet or meters or yards or whatever?

It's pretty obvious. If he was 5 yards, would that make an inch of sense? But if you want to assume Link is 15 feet tall, go right ahead.

Pikachu is one of the characters that needed to be resized. Luigi and Link did not, so there was no reason for their models to be different in comparision to their real heights.

:facepalm: Right there. "Resize". As in characters were resized. As in Smash is not accurate for these things.

:facepalm: Right there. "Resize". As in characters were resized. As in Smash is not accurate for these things.

You're missing my point. SOME characters were resized. I highly doubt ALL of them were. That would just make no sense.

As for the number thing, that's not what I meant there either. I meant that those numbers could be some form of Hyrule-exclusive measurement. I wouldn't be surprised given that it has its own language.

You're missing my point. SOME characters were resized. I highly doubt ALL of them were. That would just make no sense.

I'm willing to bet all of the characters are all resized to some extent. Hell, a lot of characters have nothing to resize from! Like Ness, he's just a bundle of pixels in Earthbound. Anyways, let's take a look at two characters you wouldn't expect to be very different: Ganondorf and Samus. Ganondorf's height is 7'6. Samus' is 6'3. Yet, in Brawl, Ganondorf appears to be barely taller than her, let alone a foot and a fourth. They're all resized to make sense. Mario characters are expected to be shorter, as they're more 'cartoony'. As that's the expectation, Sakurai makes it happen. Lemme bring up another point too. SMASH IS NOT CANON.

As for the number thing, that's not what I meant there either. I meant that those numbers could be some form of Hyrule-exclusive measurement. I wouldn't be surprised given that it has its own language.

As inches are used in TP, I highly doubt it.

Edited by Gaia

I'm willing to bet all of the characters are all resized to some extent. Hell, a lot of characters have nothing to resize from! Like Ness, he's just a bundle of pixels in Earthbound. Anyways, let's take a look at two characters you wouldn't expect to be very different: Ganondorf and Samus. Ganondorf's height is 7'6. Samus' is 6'3. Yet, in Brawl, Ganondorf appears to be barely taller than her, let alone a foot and a fourth. They're all resized to make sense. Mario characters are expected to be shorter, as they're more 'cartoony'. As that's the expectation, Sakurai makes it happen. Lemme bring up another point too. SMASH IS NOT CANON.

As inches are used in TP, I highly doubt it.

Uh, Smash using non-canon stuff doesn't disallow it from using things that ARE canon. In fact, it uses a lot of canon material as well.

Where are inches used in TP? I recently replayed the game and don't remember any such thing.

Yeah, true that, though it DID start with a debate on whether Link should be classified as heavy or medium weight based on his height and stuff. I guess I'll just end it here. lol

Can't wait to race with y'all again this weekend! I can't race on Sunday though due to NFL football. Steelers play at 1PM and the Panthers play right after that game ends. An NFL game typically lasts around 3 1/2 hours.

imo, Link should be a middleweight.

Villager + Isabelle look lightweight to me.

Tanooki Mario + Cat Peach + Link look medium weight.

Dry Bowser (obviously) looks heavy weight!

I can't wait for the DLC to come out! Why does November have to be so far away? They know Smash will take my attention away from MK8, since being released a MONTH earlier than the DLC! What's even worse, Isabelle isn't playable until MAY! I'll have to wait AGES for the next female lightweight (that is not a baby nor a koopaling).

Don't be surprised as well if I emerge from darkness

A vision! I see it!

I can't wait for the DLC to come out! Why does November have to be so far away? They know Smash will take my attention away from MK8, since being released a MONTH earlier than the DLC! What's even worse, Isabelle isn't playable until MAY! I'll have to wait AGES for the next female lightweight (that is not a baby nor a koopaling).

Speaking of the DLC, wasn't there an Excitebike course shown? Wonder how that'll work. Also, Isabelle <3. I need to get back to New Leaf.

Speaking of the DLC, wasn't there an Excitebike course shown? Wonder how that'll work. Also, Isabelle <3. I need to get back to New Leaf.

It will probably be another Wario Stadium like kind of track. I always think those panels in the original excitebike were boost panels but they just lower heat. So maybe those things will become boost panels.

So I really want to join the tournament, even though I'm really bad, but my Wii U isn't even letting me get on the internet. It shows the connection as having full strength, but the connection test gives me nothing. Tips?

Try resetting your modem. How many devices is your router connected to? If you have the correct adapter, you could attempt to connect to the internet using a wired connection, as well.