• Genealogy of the holy war
    • Tracia 776
    • Binding blade
    • Blazing sword
    • Sacred stones
    • Path of radiance
    • Radiant dawn
    • Awakening

And please, separate "favourite" from "best", we all have the favourite fire emblem on our profile, so we know which one you like the best, but which one do you think is the best? I really can't tell and that's why I'm asking your opinion.

Edited by that one person

I tend to Radiant Dawn, because it had the game mechanics. The trivial support conversations are the only one flaw.

And I really like Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 and Path of Radiance because of their great story.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

i like FE4 the best the series really evolved there special skills one of the largest OST`s and the large maps made for a great FE game I wish another game in the series would repeat what FE4 did and maybe add a few of the modern FE mechanics to it at the same time to make something truly sweet. Also I really loved the dark tragic storyline of FE4. Other FE games that I like a lot are FE2,FE3,FE5 and FE8 but those are also the most underrated in the series as far as I know in my opinion though they were all great and each brought something unique to the series...Hmm now i want to play FE2 again I want to try and max out all units levels this time...

There's definitely no way this thread can take a turn for the worse.

I'll say there is no objectively best Fire Emblem. They've all got their own strengths and weaknesses and that's it.

There's definitely no way this thread can take a turn for the worse.

I'll say there is no objectively best Fire Emblem. They've all got their own strengths and weaknesses and that's it.

I deffinetely agree with you, but I've seen so many call a particular FE "the best" (depending on which forums you look), and I can't say which I think is the best because of the exact reason you state, but I'm curious what others think due to what I've seen on other sites.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think Awakening is the "Best" because the sheer diversity of other elements from past installments. Skills, Character Creation, World Map, past characters, DLC, etc. plus with the new Smash Bros coming out this summer that might even cause some new people to pick up Awakening. So in terms of sales and all around content and enjoyability, I'd say Awakening takes the cake on this one. But my favoirtes are Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance for sure.

Edited by ViewtifulBo