The Wii U Virtual Console

Paper Jam

GBA on the VC  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Fire Emblem games do you expect on the Wii U Virtual Console?

• Fire Emblem 6 worldwide
    • Fire Emblem 6 only in Japan
    • Fire Emblem 7 worldwide
    • Fire Emblem 8 worldwide

Nintendo has started putting GBA games on the Virtual Console, as announced here: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nYsZbKYHFhIgQQZVo1qjim_YP3PB233Z

They have already released Advance Wars, so I personally think that it's pretty likely that they'll release some of the Fire Emblem games too. Fire Emblem 8 is probably the most likely, since its gameplay most closely resembles that of Awakening, and since it was part of the 3DS Ambassador program.

I would like to see them release Fire Emblem 7, though. (6 too, but it would be unrealistic to expect them to release it outside of Japan, IMO.)

What are your thoughts?

It's cool, I tried to be unique and vote for only FE7 on the basis that Nintendo will be silly and won't release FE6 at all just because and that they won't release FE8 because some people have it via the 3DS Ambassador program already.

I think having what L95 said though is a bit more probable, just give them like, 4-5 years >_>;

Metroid Fusion, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, WarioWare, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, and Yoshi's Island were all part of the 3DS Ambassador program, and they are or soon will be on the Wii U VC too. I wouldn't rule out FE8.

Metroid Fusion, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, WarioWare, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, and Yoshi's Island were all part of the 3DS Ambassador program, and they are or soon will be on the Wii U VC too. I wouldn't rule out FE8.

I'd almost count on FE8 coming out first because of that, in some ways. They already did the color adjustments to the GBA ROMs for the ambassador games (Don't quote me on that. I read it somewhere and I need to find that source again), so that's already one out of the way.

I think it's stupid they're putting them on the Wii U and not the 3DS.

They probably won't localize FE6 unless a miracle happens, if 7 comes, so will 8 and vice versa.

Actually a bit pleasantly surprised of the inclusion of Advance Wars. It's nice when they respect the more obscure titles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

And now FE7 is out in Europe as well. I bet it's only a matter of time before North America gets it too.

I've also heard that FE8 will be coming out in Japan at some point, though I'm not sure when.

If Miiverse is any indication, FE8's already out on the JP VC.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's stupid they're putting them on the Wii U and not the 3DS.

I can recall reading articles that the GBA games were actually inside of the Nintendo 3DS itself, and that the system had the ability to run them via the DS mode. This is evident by the fact that the GBA games have no Restore Points, no Sleep Mode, etc., unlike an emulated game would.

That being said, however, with the release of the New Nintendo 3DS, I do believe that there is the possibility to GBA games being released on the system, alongside the possibility of SNES and Sega Genesis titles.

• 2 months later...

So here are the release dates so far.

FE7

Japan: 14 May 2014

PAL regions: 21 August 2014

North America: 4 December 2014

FE8

Japan: 6 August 2014

It seems pretty likely that FE8 will also come out in the PAL and North American regions, particularly in light of FE8's similarities to Awakening. But if there is a method to Nintendo's madness, I have yet to see it.

For example, while FE7 came out in the PAL regions about three months after it came out in Japan, and in North America about seven months after, it's been about four months since FE8 came out in Japan, and there hasn't been even a hint of a release in the PAL regions.

Edited by Paper Jam

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the necropost again, but now that FE7 and 8 are out in all three regions, I thought I'd add the relevant release dates.

FE7

Japan: 14 May 2014

PAL regions: 21 August 2014

North America: 4 December 2014

FE8

Japan: 6 August 2014

PAL regions: 1 January 2015

North America: 18 June 2015

All I can say is that they certainly took their time releasing FE8 on the Virtual Console in North America and the PAL regions.