Games you hate but most people like

xblade

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, easy for me. Zelda: The Wind Waker, Zelda: Majora's Mask, and to an extent, FE7. I don't hate FE7, but I don't like it nearly as much as others seem to.

I also must admit that I DID really enjoy the Ikana Canyon part of MM.

Any first-generation main Pokemon game. Looking at them now, I keep wondering why people still like them so much today.

Also, the Mario Kart series, although I used to like it.

While I don't hate Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (at least the N64 versions), I wouldn't hold them on a high pedestal today (unlike many Nintendo fans who love them even to this day and hate almost every other FPS).

Edited by BLS

I know, that many people will kill me, but I hated the entire Pokémon series, when I was younger. I disliked the creatures. In 1999, when Pokémon was popular, I was the only one of my friendship, who neither played the games for the gameboy nor collect the cards. I was not carried of the hype.

I never have played a single game of the Sonic-series it, because I never really liked him. And I do not play games of the "Mario-series" anymore, because the story and gameplay are pretty much the same like about 25 years ago. It would bore me.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

Call of Duty series. I simply hate it for it's impact on the gaming industry. Like, every fucking publisher wants dat sales that CoD gets, and everytime, it fucking fails miserably.

Edited by Hawk

Mario Kart 64. Rubberbanding AI is the worst in the series compared the more recent games, CPU recovers faster than the ordinary player if they get squash or affected by specific item effects, mushroom was nearly useless unless you use shortcut exploits, very slippery controls especially drifting, random bob-omb in versus mode race made no sense, the item system was really unbalanced getting a star when you're second place is stupid, handholding so if you're 5 to 8 place it will allow you to try again infinitely so you will hardly ever see that ending where you get blown up by a bob-omb in the end of grandprix mode and the worst of all the framerate in multiplayer is awful. They had to speed up the game in order to actually make it run smoothly which is why when you play multiplayer in the emulator since it runs so smoothly the game will shoot up like it's going lightning fast. I can't play this game anymore after playing all the other Mario Karts. The technical issues are so prevalent in this game.

Pokemon Gen3. Too much water navigation and I couldn't stand the overall single player map design and I didn't care about the game enough to finish it. I heard Emerald fixes this but I have no motivation to actually play it.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass, people consider it the best DS handheld game in magazines and top 10 DS games. Like really? I only liked it for Linebeck. The going back to the same dungeon 4 times or more was an awful system, it was too easy and dungeon designs were bleh. Spirit tracks at least fixed all these issue and it was a much much better game than Phantom Hourglass in terms of dungeon design, touch screen use and overall items.

New Super Mario Bros 2. Do I need to say anymore? Don't even support this game like ever. I got it for free and even I didn't think it was worth it. I like NSMB1, NSMBWii and NSMBU but NSMB2? Just awful. I can't believe that some people recommend this game. At this point I don't even want anymore NSMB and I like those three games.

Most FPS's, except the Metroid Prime series (which is basically an action adventure game), Halo's 3 and Reach, very few single-player focused ones and TF2, being the only exceptions.

Metal Gear Solid 4, for having a (in my opinion) horrible plot, and terrible cutscene-to-gameplay ratio.

Awakening's alright, could be better.

GTA V, I like the humour, but the story would be really bland without it, and I just don't like the gameplay as much as I enjoyed Just Cause 2, my personal favourite sandbox.

Final Fantasy VII

/endthread

/micdrop

/imout

While I won't deny FFVII had a huge impact on the gaming industry, which I respect it for that, I still feel the game is WAY too hype for its own good. Overhyped Protagonist, overhyped Villain, the game is riddled with bugs, and I heavily disliked the Materia System. Also, the fact that Cloud HAS to be playable in the final part of the game is silly, seeing as how there are about 6 playable characters, if you disclude Cloud, you only get to use 2 of them, technically. Either way, I feel the game has not aged well at all. Perhaps if we got that remake we've all been waiting for, my mind might possibly change, assuming they fix all the bugs that ruin the game for me.

I don't really hate these games (hating takes too much effort and requires me to actively dislike it) but

Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64

Also not a fan of a lot of FPS but again, too lazy to really "hate" them.

*thinks a little more*

The Binding of Isaac

Minecraft

League of Legends

Smite

Hearthstone

Terraria

Actually I'm pretty close to hating Minecraft, Hearthstone, and LoL, but still not enough to say I truly hate them, lol

Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I simply can't understand how people like 3rd gen pokemon games

Other than first game bias, that is

Since they're top-notch games.

If you don't like them, that's fine. Doesn't mean the rest of us don't like them.

Terraria

Blazer has no taste outside of Falcom

Since they're top-notch games.

That was quite enlightening indeed

If you don't like them, that's fine. Doesn't mean the rest of us don't like them.

Games you hate but most people like

???

Pokemon Gen3. Too much water navigation and I couldn't stand the overall single player map design and I didn't care about the game enough to finish it. I heard Emerald fixes this but I have no motivation to actually play it.

I never understood that complaint, considering Hoenn is an island and you spend most of the game on land.

I don't hate this game, but I don't see the big deal about it either; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Like, it's fun but it feels so empty. A ball pit without the balls, a sand box with no sand, a hamburger with a plain unseasoned patty without the cheese, onions, ranch dressing, lettuce, tomatos, fries and onion rings.

It's good, but not delicious.

Cod being at the top

I eat cod.

I simply can't understand how people like 3rd gen pokemon games

Other than first game bias, that is

Pokemon gen 3 was gen 3 for me (after having owned Red, Yellow, Silver, and Crystal) and it's my favorite :P.

As for the topic, Super Mario Galaxy is the only notable one for me. I barely crawled my way to the final Bowser fight and the game basically killed my interest in the series (after having loved 64, Sunshine, and various others), yet everyone loves it.

I never understood that complaint, considering Hoenn is an island and you spend most of the game on land.

it's more of a pacing issue for me. The near end of the game was the most prevalent as your force to surf through all the tiny islands. Like I said it was a map design choice that I was not a fan of.

I can't get into the Zelda series, maybe save the cutscenes for the CD-i games(best games in the series by far). All the games are just really boring for me. It might be the setting, since I might be pretty good at dungeon/labyrinth layouts, although I could show that by being a Dungeon Master for a tabletop RPG or a "Map Pervert" for a Wolfenstein hack or something. The games are undoubtedly very well-designed, but something just doesn't click for me.

Then there's also Minecraft, which I liked for about a month, but then I realized that the game is pretty much a glorified LEGO simulation and that I threw $30 down the drain. I think what didn't click for me with Minecraft was that there were no real physics for objects. You can put one block on top of another, that's really it. Then there's Garry's Mod, which looks very entertaining because you can build complicated machines(no, not that redstone stuff) among many other things.

Animal Crossing and other social simulators are again, boring and pointless. I love vehicle simulators, though.

I used to like platformers, fighting games and kart racers, but then I went through an anti-gaming phase in Summer 2013 and never looked at them the same way again. Now both genres bring back memories I wish to supress of my "retrogamer" phase, which pretty much looked like me slouching in front of a laptop playing Mega Man & Bass and bashing JRPGs.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

it's more of a pacing issue for me. The near end of the game was the most prevalent as your force to surf through all the tiny islands. Like I said it was a map design choice that I was not a fan of.

Not only that, but they give you a Water gym right in the ocean section. Emerald makes it worse by promoting said Gym Leader to what is accepted as the worst Champion in the series because of his mono-Water team. And the 8th gym is still Water. Some additions were nice, such as abilities (kinda unbalanced, with stuff like Muk still having shit abilities in Generation 6, while Breloom got two of the best around) and I enjoy a good part of the generation 3 roster (Plulse and Minun can die, Volbeat and Illumise could've been better and why the fuck is Mawile not a Dark type instead of Steel), but stuff like Poffins and Contests weren't the best of additions. Back when it got released, the generation wasn't recieved that well either since you lacked the ability to get half of the total number of Pokémon until FRLG showed up, which is pretty big for the fans of the first two generations.

Moving on, there's Majora's Mask which I find way too frustrating to be likeable. I never got into Yoshi's Story as a kid, but liked it a bit more as an adult for how hippy it feels. I wanted to enjoy TF2 as much as Diablo 2 but the whole team emphasis is probably what threw me off. Not a bad game but definitely not the holy grail of FPSes, it's basically the FPS equivalent of Super Smash Bros since it tries to appeal to others who aren't into this type of game much, instead of fighting games.

CoD might as well be the Pokémon of FPS games with the boring stories and PvP appeal. Finally, there's Dota 2 and League of Legends, but as mentionned in TF2 above, working with teammates in a video games is not something I enjoy, especially in games that feel like being competitive all the fucking time.

Edited by Woodshooter

i know a lot of people here will hate me for this but FE13

maybe i'm a little unfair with it but i still dont see where all the praising came from

While it seems to be appreciated generally, I usually get the feeling that FE13 is quite the base breaker here.

Edited by LuxSpes

As for the topic, Super Mario Galaxy is the only notable one for me. I barely crawled my way to the final Bowser fight and the game basically killed my interest in the series (after having loved 64, Sunshine, and various others), yet everyone loves it.

the first one was fun for the most part (except stupid sling pod galaxy) but galaxy 2 felt like a copy and paste which i didn't like