happily ever after?

Liz

I don't disagree.

Though sometimes I like to see something good happen to people. I mean, it's cool to screw with people and not give a happy ending, but at some point you gotta just give the people that cliched happy ending.

why does everybody hate endings in which the characters don't live "happily ever after?"

i love those movies!

I don't hate them. It just depends on the ending. I liked the ending of Air (movie) and it wasn't very happy. I have to admit, happy endings tend to be the ones I like most, since they fill me with joy.

I dunno...........I just prefer for everyone to be happy in the end. Though I do like it more when there's at least 1 tragic plot twist/death in the middle. Like the Tales series. The main characters always live to the end but theres always at least 1 (tales manages to shoot like 2-5 of them at ya)major character death/plot twist.

I don't like happy endings, they make me feel like a hollywood writer was there writing the story for them all the time. Happy Endings are too mushy, crying, and depressing for me. I always would rather have the ending be complete shit and have the couple dying instead of being happy.

Generally I like happy endings, but there are some movies I thought were awesome with sadder endings.

I think it depends on how the movie plays it off. Some movies are better with a happy ending, and some are with a sad ending. I mean, there was this one movie that I watched that I was so sure would get a sad ending. And then it ended up getting a happy ending, sort of. Which I didn't think fit in with the movie. Bah.

But overall, I like happy endings slightly more, even though the ones with a sadder ending probably have a bigger impact on me. If that makes sense. XD

movie that i loved with a sad ending: bridge to terabithia

i cried for the last 20 minutes of the film

i loved that movie!

Am I the only one (obviously not counting Branded and Kiba since they obviously dont cry at misfortune) who has NEVER cried at a movie? I have only cried for one thing ending wise............as odd as it is..........for some odd reason in 4th grade when i beat FF9, my eyes swelled up and I cried for some reason. I cant say why since its spoilers though.

movie that i loved with a sad ending: bridge to terabithia

i cried for the last 20 minutes of the film

i loved that movie!

I loved the book, but the movie does the job of giving their imaginative perspective to you, if that makes sense.

Edited by Wil

Am I the only one (obviously not counting Branded and Kiba since they obviously dont cry at misfortune) who has NEVER cried at a movie? I have only cried for one thing ending wise............as odd as it is..........for some odd reason in 4th grade when i beat FF9, my eyes swelled up and I cried for some reason. I cant say why since its spoilers though.

I almost cried when Mufasa died in The Lion King, but only almost. I cried in Kanon, but that's not a movie.

Don't cry at movies. I do cry at some anime endings.

Like:

X when Kamui was killed in the final battle and said that his death would make the world a better place, something in which he was fighting for.

Or Heroic Age when the main character when to another dimmension and the one who he love (who also loved her back) was left alone. And at the ending he came back while the entire ending theme was going on. It was the touchiest thing ever

Oh another thing I cried at:

The last scene in Disgaea 1 before it shows what ending you got. I aint gonna lie I cried my freaking eyes out when I was watching Laharl in that scene. The music didnt help make me feel any better........and this was.......3 years ago. No matter how many times I beat the game I still tear up during the scene even though I know what will happen. All I can say is, That game has THE BEST CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANYTHING IN EXISTENCE.

I'd have to agree with Sawngy that some movies are better with a certain type of ending. Some with happy endings I'd prefer if they had worse endings because it feels forced.

Also, I've never cried about any sort of media.