Favourite generic unit models?

ClassyWolf

This had to be one of the strangest questions I've asked her (although that's not saying a lot), but which games have your favourite generic unit models (used for normal enemies e.g generic soldier or merc).

Mine are either radiant dawn or shadow dragon (this I don't know why, there is just something that appeals to me)

FE1 : Generals have these massive scimitars that make them look really funny.

FE3 : Generals cause tremors when they move.

FE4/5 : Warriors look ridiculously buff compared to other units and they have this weird mask that either looks like a gimp mask or a really tight execution hood.

FE6-8 : The Generals again, only for how ridiculously mecha they look in these games.

FE9 : Berserkers for being pretty accurate for once, though I also think Daein aligned Sages look really cool.

FE10 : I liked the little details on the Paladins that changed depending on their weapon, especially the bull-headed Axe Paladins. The Swordmasters looked refreshing with short hair and trenchcoats. Finally, the golden Druids look really weird.

FE11/12 : none of them stand out

FE13 : Walhart for being and feeling especially massive.

FE3's male Pegasus knights, GBA Heroes, GBA Wyvern Lords, DS Heroes, DS Hunters, Awakening's Tricksters, DS Bishops.

In the GBA, for a few seconds, when they attack, Paladins looks like they have a ponytail.

That alone makes them the best. (Which makes a Paladin! Hawkeye all the better).

I love how the FE4 axe-fighter crab-walks sideways across the screen as if he is in some kind of Egyptian wall painting.

SNES: FE4/5 Warriors are pretty rad looking, as are all the mounted knights and Dark Mages. FE4 Hunters apply too since they're literally a recolored Warrior.

GBA: Druids and Berserkers are pretty awesome looking. Paladins also look really cool and the FE6 versions of Thieves/Sages/Snipers are at their best here.

FE9: Warriors and Paladins look pretty solid.

FE10: Warriors are still rad looking. Druids survived the transition to 3D pretty well. I also liked the one generic rogue you saw in the game.

DS: Berserkers have the best design here, as do swordmasters.

FE13: Shirtless Fighters <3. Also love the warriors' gladiator look despite the stupid belly shirt. Swordmasters would be cool if it weren't for the two swords that they never use. Tricksters look like Red Mages, which is plus. Honestly I liked the generic designs better than the actual character designs.

Radiant Dawn's models are absurdly awesome, everything is taken to extremes in that game. Third classes are all awesome, specially Vanguards (Ike), Halberdiers, Whiperers, Marshalls, Seraph Knights, Dragonlords, Archsages... Everything in that game looks fucking awesome.

GBA's sprites are really awesome, Heroes, Pirates/Berserkers, Swordmasters and Warriors are specially awesome.

GBA: Druids and Berserkers are pretty awesome looking. Paladins also look really cool and the FE6 versions of Thieves/Sages/Snipers are at their best here.

That one Sage boss looked extremely awkward as a green haired schoolboy when he's an old robed hermit.

I love the sprites in the GBA games so much, the Great Knight, General, Druid, Shaman and all the lord classes, plus I like how dumb the knights look. As for the 3D models, Awakening. I'd like the Tellius models more if they weren't so stiff, plus I hate all the capes on classes like Marshals and Silver/Gold Knights. Awakening had some really cool (yet ridiculous) designs, although I hate the way knights and generals look in this game.

Edited by Knight

I really liked the FE10 models overall since they seemed practical and junk. Although I really like the generic Hero's overall character design from Awakening.

Holy War and Thracia. Everything just looks awesome in that game. Especially the Paladins who truly look like the mighty knights they are intended to be. Pegasus Knights never looked better and Mage Fighters just ooze awesome. I would join the Freedge family just for the wardrobe. Plus, everyone wears capes in Jugdral. Capes are awesome.

On the downside, we have the above mentioned crabwalking Axe Fighters. Also, most female classes share those painful looking Y legs. It's kinda hard to tolerate once you notice it. Thankfully female generics don't show up often outside of the arena. So it's not much of an issue. Well. they are not as irritating as the crabs at least.

In Thracia, I also liked how the game visually differentiates between the organized military of the empire and the ragtug bunch that follows Leaf. Like, the empire has the very military looking Archers while Leaf has the Bow Fighters, who simply looks like guys who took up bows.

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

NES: most of the models look, although a lil ugly or funny, look really cool. but dat walk animation on axe users tho. and some of them just look too armored (look at the bow knight).

Snes: although they're cool too, they're probably my least favorites.

GBA: mostly every model is amazing, in their own special way as well :3

Ds: bleh

Awakening: the models look cool, some better than others.

I really love the GBA Great Knights and Generals. So bamfy. THWOMP and HorseThwomp!

FE10's Peg knights were nice.

Im still buttmad that my Avatar cannot have that Trickster hat in FE13. >:U I WANTED THE HAT!!!

Generals with swords in FE8. That thing is almost as big as they are, it's just ridiculous.

Shit, yeah! That was awesome.

I liked FE9's wyvern riders cuz they looked like wyverns...for the most part.