Ike is a Mary Sue and you all know it...

Logience

...because he is the player character. Hero's Journey, newbie to war, and eventual superhero to all the land. This status alone exempts him from hatred or criticism.

Thoughts and rebuttals, anyone?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike/Micaiah is my otp.

I'm obliged to say it because they're my favorite lords.

Then again the Tellius games happen to be my favorite FEs sooooo

Micaiah just gets more flak because female characters get scrutinized more.

The least Stu-ish are probably Leif/Eliwood.

I don't dislike micaiah for being a Mary Sue, which she isn't, and being a female doesn't have the smaller impact on my opinion about her. What makes me dislike her so much is her excessive patriotism. It's something I dislike IRL, and it's something I dislike in video games: when people are overly patriotic. I've said it a million times, I'd like her way more if she was a mary sue. Also, she's a hypocrite who blames Ike from what happened to her country, when he was just doing the same thing she's trying to do: Liberate his country from a oppressive invasion. Which happened to be caused by her country.

And what? Eliwood just screams Stu for me.

Edited by Nobody

Eliwood is a stu, but not as much as, say, Hector and Ephraim.

Throughout FE5, the game literally has Leif face off against reasonable threats, and since he's a bad lord to begin with, I think he might be the least Stu out of them all.

Pretty sure they still loved him after everything went downhill. Seeing as how he was greeted with open arms and whatnot.

Well, he was liberating his country. If a ruler is freeing his country from an oppressive invader, people are going to be happy and praise him.

Also, what would make Hector a Stu?

Pretty sure they still loved him after everything went downhill. Seeing as how he was greeted with open arms and whatnot.

Not quite:

People:

Prince Ephraim! Princess Eirika! The king has returned! Our king! Glory to Renais! Long live King Ephraim!
Ephraim:
Seth:
...They’re not cheering for you. They cheer because Orson’s misrule is at an end. They cheer the possibility of a better tomorrow, not the deeds we did today. But how will the hearts of the people move tomorrow and the next day? That is for you to decide.
Ephraim:
I will not let their hopes and dreams be shattered again. I will be king. Like my father before me, I will dedicate myself to their happiness.
Eirika:
And I will do all I can to help, Ephraim.
Edited by ZeeEmm

"I'm stronger than you two! Hey brother, I literally came back from fighting armies, so don't worry about me. Wait, someone is attacking the castle? ILL HANDLE IT!"

The only time when he wasn't a stu was when he admitted that he needed Armads power to fight Nergal

@ZM It's been a while since I played 8, guess I miss took that part. My bad.

Edited by Duke of Dozel