When you know you think too much...

Liz

one time i was staring at a tomato.

tomato.jpg

so then i started wondering "why is it called a tomato?"

"Why isn't it called a potato?"

Potato.jpg

"Who chose to call a tomato tomato and a potato potato?" "Why isn't a potato called tomato and a tomato called potato?"

I thought about so much for so long that i eventually got confused

tomato.jpg=Potato.jpg?

i know this is going to be completely and horribly off-topic, but as i read your post, fox, i took a bite of mah hamburger. suddenly your quote in your sig jumps at me and makes me laugh with my mouth full of food, making me choke and spray food all over the place!

Edited by Psyche Ridell Crimea

i know this is going to be completely and horribly off-topic, but as i read your post, fox, i took a bite of mah hamburger. suddenly your quote in your sig jumps at me and makes me laugh with my mouth full of food, making me choke and spray food all over the place!

Arc made a topic about it.

so me and a friend were philosophizing about something today.

i had said "i say what i mean, and i mean what i say."

then we started arguing about what precisely is the distinction between saying what you mean and meaning what you say.

There's a distinct difference between them. It boils down to words and intentions.

that's the conclusion we came up with after about 3 minutes of discussion.

XD

No it isn't! It's a waste of time and I'm willing to debate you furiously on that!

:D

you're wrong, Metal Arc! its fun to argue! you don't know what you're talking about!

:P

I find if I think too much I become depressed... I think about the worthlessness of all our existances. There is no goal for life, no designated end, no meaning. We're all empty shells without a reason.

I find if I think too much I become depressed... I think about the worthlessness of all our existances. There is no goal for life, no designated end, no meaning. We're all empty shells without a reason.

that makes me sad. instead of you wondering how worthless our existence really is, you should wonder how to make your existence, and the existence of those around you, worthwhile.

there are many ways to make an impact on this world. but it takes action, methinks. even the smallest action can impact the people around you, who shall in turn impact the people around THEM, and the chain continues on and on.

don't you think its a worthwhile goal to positively influence the people around you?

thinking how our existences are worthless is like saying that you're giving up, and once you give up your life becomes worthless.

at least that is what I believe.