Conversation went weird.

Solum

So I was building my chapter and, when it came to a specific CHAR event between two guys, during the convo here's what i get :

788593Convobug.png

See the FarLeft Portrait is spoiled by the convo initiator's mapsprite with a strange palette + Transparence

It happens only when the portrait loads in. ( note that it only spoils the farleft one since the box size should cover the right hair of the 3rd mug)

[spoiler=FEditor Text at this moment :][OpenMidRight][MoveRight] ( Moving the 3rd mug for midright )

[OpenFarRight][LoadFace][0x07][0x01]

Hi back... Ombe right?[.][A]

If some of you have any idea!

Edited by Solum

Sure it's not related to the map sprite? What are the dimensions of the map sprite? Also what are the events that you're using for that scene? Maybe this is a bit of a stretch but are you sure that you didn't accidentally overwrite FEditor data with the map sprite?

The map sprite is currently located at a DX0000 freespace so. About the overwriting I think it's okay.

Its size is 16x32for the moving frames ( Moving frames are the ones showing up here)

Here's the character event :

CharacterEvent(0x0A,Talk1,Ombe,Salim)

Talk1:
MUS1 0x0041
Text(0x082E)
ENUN

//Stuff

ENDA

Don't load 4 portraits simultaneously for event conversations, moving map sprites (which always appear for triggered events) are loaded at the same location in memory as the 4th portrait.

EDIT: You might be able to load 4 portraits if you load a BG during the conversation to hide the moving sprite, I haven't tested this idea though.

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

Yeah I figured out it might be the reason. But I was finding it a little strange. No 4th portrait then. I'll try with a BG as you said, since a 4 person conversation deserves a proper environment.

Thank you very much =)