I'm playing FE13 No-Pair Up

Junkhead

It's pretty cool, actually. Feels like an actual FE game and HM isn't exactly a joke. I mean, it's not HARD...but it's really not a joke. I'd say it's moderately challenging.

Just finished Ch.9 and got the best character ever. LIBRA. Was really eager to recruit him, already.

Panne's a beast...and she's a Thief.

FE13 hard mode is not FE10 hard mode. It is probably the best balanced difficulty in this game. It can be really challenging without pairing. On lunatic mode I never would do that.

I never have reclassed the manaketes and taguels yet and I do not know, if this is a good decission. They are the only ones in this game, which can use beast-/dragonstones.

FE10's HM is one of the best HMs, in my opinion. Along with FE6's. FE13's is defenitely not FE10's...but FE13's HM isn't that bad, in No Pair-Up.

People usually re-class Panne to Wyvern because it just brings out ridiculous potential. Her growths, are beast. They start kicking in once you just SSeal her at lvl.10 and she starts being ridiculous, all on her own. Heck, the reason I went Thief this time is because I've always done Wyvern. Never went Thief Assassin. Wyvern Panne is just overkill.

Nowi usually stays the same, I think. 6 Mov is alright (when she arrives, it's slightly better than the rest, until they promote...then, it's average) and she starts growing into a great tank and usually 2HKO's things. Once she starts doubling...yeah. Also, 2-range. That sets her apart from Panne, who pretty much gets an auto-reclass by people. Although, I do like Taguels...

I'm still working up the nerve to try an Einherjar run without pair-ups for bonuses on Lunatic. The game feels a lot more vibrant without pairs, at least for me; I've been enjoying the high-level Outrealm maps on Luna without pairs (then again, those Einherjar are fairly bulky... on that save file). Only question is what team I should go for (maybe a theme team?). Never really was a fan of the new system.

I'm still working up the nerve to try an Einherjar run without pair-ups for bonuses on Lunatic. The game feels a lot more vibrant without pairs, at least for me; I've been enjoying the high-level Outrealm maps on Luna without pairs (then again, those Einherjar are fairly bulky... on that save file). Only question is what team I should go for (maybe a theme team?). Never really was a fan of the new system.

'dem Einherjars

I have an idea with one of them. :3

Do you have any qualms about ending a unit's turn next to another unit? Or will you avoid doing that?

Nah, I've been using it. It's kind of like normal supports...barring Dual Up Attacks and Dual Up Guards, which rarely happen.

Characters can still Duel Guard whenever that they are by each other.

They don't necessarily have to be together to duel guard, ...or duel attack. This run can work.

No pairup no grind is available even in L+ (+Def MaMU is the easiest way to achieve it) since the basic strategy does not require it.

Doable and viable are two different things... I can't imagine doing L+ with no pair-ups, even on casual.

I'm pretty sure he means flat out no pairing up. If you can get someone all the way to S without pairup, then children should be fine, but no pairup stat boosts.

Clearing Lunatic+ with no pairup whatsoever would require a bit too much luck, I think. Off the top of my head, the most feasible strat would be a true Chrom solo barring Cht.6. You'd just let all the recruits die rather than protecting them (bar Avatar, who can fend for him/herself or hide anywhere there's a force deploy), which would completely solve the problem of protecting squishies. Once Aether is available, it can be used for healing during EP with low reliability.

FE10's HM is one of the best HMs, in my opinion.

Yes, it is!

People usually re-class Panne to Wyvern because it just brings out ridiculous potential. Her growths, are beast. They start kicking in once you just SSeal her at lvl.10 and she starts being ridiculous, all on her own. Heck, the reason I went Thief this time is because I've always done Wyvern. Never went Thief Assassin. Wyvern Panne is just overkill.

Nowi usually stays the same, I think. 6 Mov is alright (when she arrives, it's slightly better than the rest, until they promote...then, it's average) and she starts growing into a great tank and usually 2HKO's things. Once she starts doubling...yeah. Also, 2-range. That sets her apart from Panne, who pretty much gets an auto-reclass by people. Although, I do like Taguels...

Hmm, I think the best argument to reclass Nowi and Panne is to bequeath Nah and Yarne good skills. Panne as wyvernrider sounds good. It raises the mobility. I think, I will do it in lunatic+ run (if I ever will reach this point).

But FE13 No Pair Up can’t be a real FE because you can’t steamroll with prepromos as in FE6/7/8/9/10/11

No Pair Up is pretty fun, but I think I actually like Transferring units around like the older rescuetakedrop chains too much. It's almost like FE5 where you can "rescue" and "give" in the same turn, making the lack of canto less important. (talking about Pair Up in a No Pair Up topic, oops. >_>)

EDIT: Panne as a Wyvern has like +6 Str, +6 Def, +1-3 Move, 1-2 range, up to like +25 Avoid (perhaps more against Lances/Swords) over Thief. So you can get an idea why people like reclassing to that progression....moar wyvern hype

Edited by XeKr

Wait, is it no marriage or no double?

If it's no double, then I have said nothing.

I allow my characters to get married and be close to each other, despite no Pair Up bonuses.

But FE13 No Pair Up can’t be a real FE because you can’t steamroll with prepromos as in FE6/7/8/9/10/11

No Pair Up is pretty fun, but I think I actually like Transferring units around like the older rescuetakedrop chains too much. It's almost like FE5 where you can "rescue" and "give" in the same turn, making the lack of canto less important. (talking about Pair Up in a No Pair Up topic, oops. >_>)

I use Pair Up as a Rescue option as well. Pair Up's problem are it's bonuses, not being able to use it as a Rescue-like option.

EDIT: Panne as a Wyvern has like +6 Str, +6 Def, +1-3 Move, 1-2 range, up to like +25 Avoid (perhaps more against Lances/Swords) over Thief. So you can get an idea why people like reclassing to that progression....moar wyvern hype

Thieves are fast, Wyverns are slow. Earlygame when Wyvern Panne is Axelocked she won't have WTA, but Thief Panne will almost always have it. Wyvern Panne is a boss, but she isn't dodgier than Thief early on.

That's a non-factor, lol. Wyverns are slow, but Panne, really isn't. And bearing WTD against weakish enemies that she 2HKO's and gets mosquito-bitten from hardly speaks for itself.

The only reason I went Thief, is for the sake of some variety. And she's still badass.

Panne has 70% Spd growth even in Wyvern and a solid base. Plus by the time Panne is reclassing you’re probably almost nearing the Valm arc, or at least most of the axefest is over. And E Swords with no support (slower building, at least) doesn’t give great avoid either.

I've done Thief too and it's fun (particularly Kellam. <_<), but the point is Thief doesn’t have very good bases or skills. Or cheap 1-2 range. Or flight. Etcetc.

Edited by XeKr

That's a non-factor, lol. Wyverns are slow, but Panne, really isn't. And bearing WTD against weakish enemies that she 2HKO's and gets mosquito-bitten from hardly speaks for itself.

The only reason I went Thief, is for the sake of some variety. And she's still badass.

Panne has 70% Spd growth even in Wyvern and a solid base. Plus by the time Panne is reclassing you’re probably almost nearing the Valm arc, or at least most of the axefest is over. And E Swords with no support (slower building, at least) doesn’t give great avoid either.

I've done Thief too and it's fun (particularly Kellam. <_<), but the point is Thief doesn’t have very good bases or skills. Or cheap 1-2 range. Or flight. Etcetc.

Again, my point isn't that Wyvern Panne is slow, it's that she's slower than Thief Panne. She's still better overall, just not quite as dodgy.

But why you hate Ninja Kellam? :((

He looks terrible, in that class branch. The body looks really unfitting, it makes his head look big on a really thin body. You'd expect a guy like Kellam to be on the chubbier side, too.

War Cleric Kellam is most handsome Kellam

Even though you're not pairing up, do you still have certain characters that you like to use together or are aiming to get married to each other?

Hell yeah.

Like I said, son. I won't be using Pair Up for it's bonuses. But, I will use it as a Rescue-like option, at times and still allow characters to stand next to each other.

Makes me wonder how a No Pair Up tier list would work out... :3

Hell yeah.

Like I said, son. I won't be using Pair Up for it's bonuses. But, I will use it as a Rescue-like option, at times and still allow characters to stand next to each other.

Sorry, my question was unclear: are there any characters that you find are particularly effective at handling enemies even when not paired up?

I think the only thing that would significantly change is Avatar is way worse. Panne is probably a bit better and other combat units are a bit worse.

Might be more interesting if you ban Rescue.