Would, Ike will return for the new Smash bros?

Um, look at the cutscene where Chrom fights against Masked Marth who we all know is Lucina. They use the exact same attacks against each other. And Lucina explicitly states that Chrom trained her. They definitely have the same fighting style.

Cutscenes are hardly a good example. Look at how Lucina fights in battles. Chrom clearly focuses on more powerful strikes while Lucina acts more like she's using a rapier at times. Their Aether strikes on the Sol end of it are an example. Lucina stabs while Chrom seems to try to swing upward.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone assuming that FE is going to get three characters?

FE almost got three reps in Brawl. Assuming Sakurai gets enough time this go around, it's not too farfetched he might add a third FE rep.

I don't think Avatar/Robin would require that much customization. Include two models (Male and Female), and the robes and hair would be alternate colors.

This is the best idea. It would take hardly any time at all because they have, like, identical facial structure and chest sizes.

If I were to bet on it, I'd wager that he's returning. However, he is one of the Brawl vets that has a higher chance of being cut. But unlike Roy, whom many compare him to and use as an argument for him being cut, he's been in two games and was strongly referenced in the most recent. Roy got one game and no special attention since.

Since he was only in for just to show the lord who will be Japan's next creation giving them a shock. Roy was only an advertisment for Japan's next game. Therefore, he shouldn't return.

Edited by Barbie

Since he was only in for just to show the lord who will be Japan's next creation giving them a shock. Roy was only an advertisment for Japan's next game. Therefore, he shouldn't return.

1) That's not completely true at all, and 2) you're basically saying the same thing as Red Fox so I'm not sure why you're saying this as though she disagrees. :0

Edited by BANRYU

Well, people used the cutscenes as an argument towards me when I thought they had different styles.

In terms of lore, they do fight the same. But Sakurai has shown time and again that he doesn't always adhere strictly to what the games do. Last I checked, Ike never stabs the ground to create fire, for example.

Either way, in-game animations show Lucina using a different style than Chrom.

Yeah, that's true. But still, I think either Chrom OR Lucina can be pretty differentiated from Ike. Especially if Ike himself is changed up a bit to get Ragnell's shockwave attack or whatnot.

I'd like to add that Star Fox and Kirby are pretty niche series that had three reps in Brawl (granted, creator favoritism could be a factor in Kirby's case). So, Fire Emblem having three reps is certainly not out of the question. Especially since, in Japan, it is most certainly not a niche series (it's not as big as Mario or Pokemon, but it's still pretty big).

I hope Ike returns myself. He was my #1 wanted newcomer in Brawl (at the time, Path of Radiance was the only Fire Emblem game I played. I picked up the GBA games later). Although my enthusiasm for him has dwindled since, I still think he's pretty cool.

Considering Ganondorf fights like Captain Falcon, I don't think differentiation or lack thereof between FE characters in-game is very relevant.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Considering Ganondorf fights like Captain Falcon, I don't think differentiation or lack thereof between FE characters in-game is very relevant.

Underlined thing is true and a good point; bolded thing is most certainly NOT true. They have basically the same moves, but their differences in speed and weight make their playstyles very different.

granted with the star fox rep thing, its not very popular anymore so it might lose a rep.

i sure as hell can tell you that fire emblem is more alive then it

Personally, I doubt that Star Fox will lose a rep, but the rest is an accurate assessment... x___X sad but very very true.

Edited by BANRYU

as much as i do like the star fox series, i never held much love for it in smash.

and lets be real, three land masters, is that really needed?

this combined with the low popularity, i could see wolf being cut, or falco, but if i had to between the two, it'd be wolf

Wolf was the biggest disappointing final unlockable character in my opinion. At least Mr. Game and Watch had its appeal but Wolf? I had no feelings for him at all.

The only reason i like to use wolf is because, well because he is a wolf and wolves are my favorite animals x), but i don't really want him or falco to leave

Falco is cool and wolf is the villain

*shrugs*

Edited by SoulSilver

as much as i do like the star fox series, i never held much love for it in smash.

and lets be real, three land masters, is that really needed?

this combined with the low popularity, i could see wolf being cut, or falco, but if i had to between the two, it'd be wolf

Or they could just.... y'know... change the final smashes...? I'm not huge on Star Fox myself, but I don't really see any reason to cut them.

Looking at their moves without factoring in FS, they're all pretty diverse from one another despite their similar basis in Fox.

Yeah I dunno I think we've basically said all there is to say about whether or not Ike will be in or not. Really, we won't know until June.

EDIT: Yeah, we like Ike... =w=

/thread ?

Edited by BANRYU

Oh, one last thing!

WE_LIKE_IKE_by_keiiii.jpgYour friends are cheering for you too, Ike! Even your potential sweetie, Elincia. :3 And Sothe. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, one last thing!

WE_LIKE_IKE_by_keiiii.jpgYour friends are cheering for you too, Ike! Even your potential sweetie, Elincia. :3 And Sothe. lol

It's sad that no one's made a Marth version. There's and Ike one and a Roy one, but not a Marth one.