My Little Pony Month

Randoman

I would change my avatar to Twilight but I don't feel like making a new one as I made this one last night.

The spanish dub indeed sucks. I am the aforementioned boyfriend Leo watches the episodes with. Twilight and Luna are best ponies. I have nothing else to add.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to our kickass OP, I found the Equestria Games episode to be a bit...disapointing. It was essentially another Spike episode, where Spike comes into power one way or another, gets greedy, screws up, and somehow comes through in the end. Granted, it didn't follow the steps to what would be expected as the norm, but it just didn't seem...I dunno, it wasn't the Equestria Games to me. I mean, we saw Ice Archery (pretty darn neat), the Aerial Relay (obvious event is obvious), and....anything else?

I dunno. Spike episodes just don't do it for me. I'm putting all of my remaining hype into the 2 part finale upcoming (also i'm not watching it this weekend, so I can bingewatch both episodes backtoback next weekend.

I agree and would rather have had an Equestria Games episode with another story in the background than a Spike episode with the Equestria Games in the background. All aboard the hype train for the finale though.

I was kinda expecting about the games not getting much focus, considering that's what pretty much all the preview summaries and videos were about Spike. And since nothing hinted at the games being cancelled due to the villain from the season finale, I thought that instead they'd rush it over and wrap the event up in this single episode. Would've been nice to have seen more of them, though.

The spanish dub indeed sucks.

Out of curiosity, do you refer to the European Spanish or Latin American Spanish? I watch the latter, and to me it doesn't suck. In fact, I do kinda prefer it over the English one for the most part.

So I take it none of the Twilight Sparkle pics I posted were to your liking Elieson? I'll search for more if you want.

Also, I didn't know episodes 25 & 26 aren't shown together on the same day despite being 1 hour specials. Then again, I only joined in on My Little Pony around 1 year before season 3.

Contrary to our kickass OP

Oh, you. (blushes)

I found the Equestria Games episode to be a bit...disapointing. It was essentially another Spike episode, where Spike comes into power one way or another, gets greedy, screws up, and somehow comes through in the end. Granted, it didn't follow the steps to what would be expected as the norm, but it just didn't seem...I dunno, it wasn't the Equestria Games to me. I mean, we saw Ice Archery (pretty darn neat), the Aerial Relay (obvious event is obvious), and....anything else?

Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit too lenient of a judge. I mean, "Quite nice" to me = "Meh to average" for most people. I was also expecting the Equestria games to be a much bigger event, and back then I thought it'd even be two episodes long as part of the finale. I also thought they'd have a lot more focus on the individual sports events than on Spike, but at the same time, it'd kind of be hard to give an episode a good amount of story if they had too much screen time on the sports events, though. Well, I guess they could've gone the "stick to fair play and don't cheat" or "winning isn't everything" route regarding the episode's lesson, but they already did that with the Applejack and Rainbow Dash race episode.

So, question for ya'll.

Does the Cutie Mark control the Pony?

Well, the Cutie Marks certainly control the Cutie Mark crusaders a fair amount, despite them not even having it.

Anyways, I wouldn't exactly say it does. It corresponds to their personality quite a bit in most cases, but I don't think it controls them to an insanely high level (definitely not above 70%).

Edited by Randoman

So I take it none of the Twilight Sparkle pics I posted were to your liking Elieson? I'll search for more if you want.

/Approved, with Gusto

Also, I didn't know episodes 25 & 26 aren't shown together on the same day despite being 1 hour specials. Then again, I only joined in on My Little Pony around 1 year before season 3.

The Wikia had them set to one episode per week, but I just checked and they're now set to both air on 5/10. I guess a change was made since I last looked.

Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit too lenient of a judge. I mean, "Quite nice" to me = "Meh to average" for most people. I was also expecting the Equestria games to be a much bigger event, and back then I thought it'd even be two episodes long as part of the finale. I also thought they'd have a lot more focus on the individual sports events than on Spike, but at the same time, it'd kind of be hard to give an episode a good amount of story if they had too much screen time on the sports events, though. Well, I guess they could've gone the "stick to fair play and don't cheat" or "winning isn't everything" route regarding the episode's lesson, but they already did that with the Applejack and Rainbow Dash race episode.

I just like Spike as a side character, not as a main character (for specific episodes). He did well as a secondary in the Crystal Empire's Heart, as opposed to a side in most other instances, but that's where the role belongs, IMO.

WRT the episode itself, I think the "lesson" could've been more based off of a combination of conquering the fear of performance anxiety (ala Fluttershy in Episode 48's Hurricane Fluttershy) and handling stage fright (ala Fluttershy in Episode 79's Filli Vanilli). Theoretically, Rainbow Dash getting nervous with performing at the MLP equivalent of the Olympics, her literal dream (aside from joining the Wonderbolts), and Fluttershy having to be the one to brave-up and calm down Dash would've been much more satisfying to watch. Granted, Rarity and Applejack and Pinkie Pie and even Twilight would've had to sit this one on the sides, but seriously, Dash, Fluttershy and the Crusaders were in the fricken event, and Twilight got more screentime.

I'd even have settled for Twilight using her magic to fix something like a broken hurdle or a hole in the ground with her magic, and causing some sort of huge upset, teaching her that sometimes it's best to talk things over with others before getting involved and fixing what you think are problems.

Well, the Cutie Marks certainly control the Cutie Mark crusaders a fair amount, despite them not even having it.

Anyways, I wouldn't exactly say it does. It corresponds to their personality quite a bit in most cases, but I don't think it controls them to an insanely high level (definitely not above 70%).

The CMC seem more interested in getting their cutie marks to fit in with society. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon make their lives hell for simply being blankflanks, and we all know how Applebloom handled the popularity of having one when she got the Cutie Pox. Hell, even Twist started fitting in better, and she's pretty nerd.

How do you explain Applebloom and the Cutiepox then? She was pretty out of control as far as even losing the ability to speak in a language that wasn't "Fancy". Her constant Loop-dee-hoop twirling could be argued that she was just constantly excited for the first couple of days, before the Cutie Pox went overboard, but even then, she literally could not stop. All the disease is known to do is give you Cutie Marks, not necessarily cause your body to convulse in accordance with them.

Well, the Cutiepox is a disease, which by itself means something unusual happening to your body so...

In a normal situation, I'd say in general it doesn't, but... well, once it appears it starts to mold their minds somewhat so yeah, I suppose they kinda do, slightly, in a self-infliction by the pony itself. Maybe...

/Approved, with Gusto

Good to know. Though I guess none of them were avatar worthy material, huh?

The Wikia had them set to one episode per week, but I just checked and they're now set to both air on 5/10. I guess a change was made since I last looked.

So we're getting both episodes this Saturday then?

fluttershy__s_yay_badge_by_zutheskunk-d3

How do you explain Applebloom and the Cutiepox then? She was pretty out of control as far as even losing the ability to speak in a language that wasn't "Fancy". Her constant Loop-dee-hoop twirling could be argued that she was just constantly excited for the first couple of days, before the Cutie Pox went overboard, but even then, she literally could not stop. All the disease is known to do is give you Cutie Marks, not necessarily cause your body to convulse in accordance with them.

I think the disease caused Applebloom to go all crazy, rather than the cutie mark itself. I mean, by that logic, Rainbow Dash would be turning every job into a race, Pinkie Pie would be making every social gathering a party, and so on. Applebloom's cutie marks are the only time when a cutie mark practically hypnotized someone into doing their cutie mark talent, and seeing how the cutie pox are a disease (like Acacia said), it's not a stretch to believe that cutie pox are a special case that cause a pony to get heavily controlled by their talent.

Oh boy, so apparently it looks like someone got an early view or something of the finale and has wrote up a review/summary of sorts. Ah well, to me, reading it or not, still looking forward to Saturday.

Derp I thought it was avatars or sigs

Get me Twilight wit a monocle on and instapproved!

That was a really epic conclusion to season 4. They're going to have a hard time topping that in the later seasons.

So, do you guys think Dischord got his powers back in the end? I mean, he usually floats and teleports around but even after that fight was over, Dischord still didn't use his powers at all like he almost always does. Also, do you think he's reformed for good an won't even do any mischief or trolling anymore? I mean, the betrayal he experienced changed him quite a lot and really weakened his mischievous and upbeat personality, to the point that he didn't even seem like the same person anymore.

That was a really epic conclusion to season 4. They're going to have a hard time topping that in the later seasons.

So, do you guys think Dischord got his powers back in the end? I mean, he usually floats and teleports around but even after that fight was over, Dischord still didn't use his powers at all like he almost always does. Also, do you think he's reformed for good an won't even do any mischief or trolling anymore? I mean, the betrayal he experienced changed him quite a lot and really weakened his mischievous and upbeat personality, to the point that he didn't even seem like the same person anymore.

I'd say he did. Considering how when Tirek's stolen magic got siphoned out of him and went back to their owners, I don't think an exception was made. Would seem odd. I'd say his lack of using it after the fact was probably a reflection of him still feeling down or something for what he did, or knowing that this was a time to show some restrain for once. Come to think of it, I didn't got a good view, but when he procured that bouquet, did he pulled it out from somewhere or actually made one appear out of nowhere?

Reformed for good? Most likely. After all, the thing that made him turn traitor in the first place was Tirek's offer of "Friendship AND the freedom to do all the chaos you want". Now that he's on the road to have more than just one friend, it may prove harder to sway him over to evil now, since now his bouts of chaos are more likely to be accepted than be told "Oh stop that Discord." Mischief and trolling? I doubt it. It's essentially part of what makes him, well, him. In fact, now it may be more accepted than the usual, so he'd have an even less motivation to drop them.

He had to have, because he floats, poofs around and makes flowers appear. Acacia covered it well enough.

And as far as reformed? Well, he was already so darn close to completely reformed. Now that he was betrayed, I'd be willing to argue a full on yes.

Season 5 is already announced to have 26 episodes. Thoughts on what's coming up next?

With the Castle of Friendship, I almost wonder if we're going to see the entire Mane6 enter Alicorn status.

Also, Nightmare Rarity was a late villian in the novels. I can see that as the villian for the season premiere. It'd be kind of a let down, but it'd be accurate to the source material.

Edit

Lol...Castle seeds. Where can I buy me some of those?

Right? Riiiight?

TBH, that part was the only real let-down of the finale. Too...unexplained, too random. Everything else, even the mighty morphin sailor ponies, made at least some sense. The tree of Harmony giving power to the ponies of Harmony...it's arguable at least. A flippin' Castle seed? ahhhhh......

Edited by Elieson