NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Wait, Bills vs Jaguars? A guy I work with told me they weren't going to show that game on TV at all. To "experiment" he said. It's to try encouraging more people to go to the games. I think it's BS. Just PARKING at a stadium is expensive, let alone game tickets. And there are plenty of people that simply cannot afford to go to even one of their team's games, let alone all 16 plus post-season if their team makes the playoffs.

Yeah the Jaguars get a "home" game in London every year...I think they're trying to increase the international appeal of a less popular team. I'd rather they didn't become popular though #hipsterfan.

And yeah it'll only be available online apparently.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one don't trust LR with the new thread. Never trust a man who lives somewhere where it snows in late March

Arizona? I guess my driver's license and license plate are still Maryland, though! Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, I was just thinking, Arizona can't possibly get snow in late March... o.O

Yeah the Jaguars get a "home" game in London every year...I think they're trying to increase the international appeal of a less popular team. I'd rather they didn't become popular though #hipsterfan.

And yeah it'll only be available online apparently.

I see... I still hope this doesn't eventually lead to NO games being shown on TV anymore.

I think if any team needs more appeal though, it might be the Falcons. When the Steelers played them in Atlanta, it looked more like Heinz Field, there were so many Steelers fans in those stands! XD

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, I mean, once from the DMV, always from the DMV, yeah? Plus it was snowing on I-95 yesterday when I drove up to Baltimore. None of us can be trusted

I was there for spring break, and it snowed on like a Wednesday then it was 70 degrees on Thursday. I miss that nonsense.

EDIT: Let's discuss the 1992 Seahawks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Seattle_Seahawks_season#Regular_season

One stat to put into perspective: they scored 140 points all year. The 2013 Broncos scored 127 in their first 3 and 179 in the first four. The 2007 Patriots took around 4 games to hit 148.

Edited by Lord Raven

Wow, the Falcons and Browns got slammed with fines, the former because they apparently played fake crowd noises in their stadium and the latter because somebody was texting when they weren't supposed to.

I find the Falcons and their fake crowd noises hilarious for some reason. lol But wow, just wow. :P

Edited by Anacybele

2015 Draft Bold Predictions:

No runningbacks are taken in the first.

Todd Gurley drops to the third-round and becomes the biggest steal in the draft.

Marcus Mariota isn't drafted in the Top 10.

Quinten Rollins goes undrafted to be signed immediately after the draft.

Adrian Peterson gets traded during the draft.

Brett Hundley will be drafted within the Top 25.

Texans trade into the Top 10 for a Wide Receiver.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

This can't be that bold a prediction...

EDIT: Some breaking news. The Greatest Free Safety Of All Time, the only player who Tom Brady fears, and my favorite player of all time, has now retired. Let's relive his best moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8aAsov310

Edited by Lord Raven

2015 Draft Bold Predictions:

Todd Gurley drops to the third-round and becomes the biggest steal in the draft.

Marcus Mariota isn't drafted in the Top 10.

Quinten Rollins goes undrafted to be signed immediately after the draft.

Adrian Peterson gets traded during the draft.

Brett Hundley will be drafted within the Top 25.

Texans trade into the Top 10 for a Wide Receiver.

1. Possible since no team actually needs a RB aside from like the Vikings and the Vikings have more pressing concerns (an offensive line for starters along with a non-porous defense). I might be forgetting a team but with the RB draft pool being so deep this year, I can see this happening.

2. Meh.

3. I'll be surprised if Mariota doesn't go 2nd overall, never mind not being in the top 10. Too many teams drafting in the top 10 need a QB.

4. Meh.

5. Peterson just got unloaded onto the Dolphins for a first AND second. They're not trading him any time soon.

6. You mean like Johnny Football or EJ Manuel getting picked far too early? Sure it's possible. It'll be a mistake but it could happen in theory.

7. The 2015 Texans are like the 2014 Bills. Trading up for a WR will make them a dark horse for the wild card but it's very high risk. We got lucky because Sammy will be an All-Pro. Kevin White is not Sammy Watkins.

I heard one of the Seahawks LBs pulled a ridiculous April Fool's joke that got people mad at him instead of laughing. :/ And I don't blame him. He pretended to have drinking and driving problems or something like that. And yeah, that's not funny...

On another topic, the NFL.com poll for the greatest game ever is down to two games! Super Bowl 43 and Super Bowl 49! It'd be awesome if we all voted for the former for the Steelers' amazing victory in it. :D

I heard one of the Seahawks LBs pulled a ridiculous April Fool's joke that got people mad at him instead of laughing. :/ And I don't blame him. He pretended to have drinking and driving problems or something like that. And yeah, that's not funny...

On another topic, the NFL.com poll for the greatest game ever is down to two games! Super Bowl 43 and Super Bowl 49! It'd be awesome if we all voted for the former for the Steelers' amazing victory in it. :D

Personally, I prefer Super Bowl 45 ;)

Those are certainly some bold predictions VS, but I'd be shocked if Gurley made it out of the 1st round. And there's a 0% chance he isn't selected in the 2nd round if that's the case. Even despite the ACL tear, he's arguably one of the top RB prospects since AP.

Also given the NFL's new obsession with DBs that have size, Rollins likely won't make it past the 3rd round.

Ed Reed 4 biggest chump safety evar

It's really infuriating that the NFL's been going for massive DBs, considering the success of safeties like Ed Reed as well as the success of corners like Chris Harris Jr. Bailey and Woodson were probably the best cornerbacks of the 2000s and they were around 6'0". Do they not realize that they need nickel corners to match up with these really small and shifty slot receivers?

I guess pressing at the line is all the rage these days.

Edited by Lord Raven

Those are certainly some bold predictions VS, but I'd be shocked if Gurley made it out of the 1st round. And there's a 0% chance he isn't selected in the 2nd round if that's the case. Even despite the ACL tear, he's arguably one of the top RB prospects since AP.

Also given the NFL's new obsession with DBs that have size, Rollins likely won't make it past the 3rd round.

Ed Reed 4 biggest chump safety evar

Hey Eddie Lacy was projected to be taken early 2nd round or late 1st round. But fell to the late 2nd round almost early 3rd round because of his turf toe injury. Keenan Allen was projected to be taken any time in the 1st round. Usually around mid-first round. But due to his PCL injury he dropped to us in the 3rd round. Which isn't incredibly absurd if Gurley dropped. But Gurley did not run a 40-time. Keenan Allen did and clocked at 4.71. The 40 is likely what dropped his draft stock.

I mean, the NFL loves to copy things that work. Richard Sherman has had a lot of success and that's mostly due to his length, so I can kinda understand why teams look at length now more than ever when it comes to DBs. Hell, Brandon Browner was the only reason the Pats' secondary didn't get completely fucked by a WR who had never caught a pass in his career (the aforementioned slot type corner, Kyle Arrington, got absolutely whipped by him)

lol, okay then. Hey, the Steelers played in that one too, despite not winning that time. :P

Hey, any Super Bowl where the Packers win or the Bears/Vikings lose is a good one in my book :p

I mean, the NFL loves to copy things that work. Richard Sherman has had a lot of success and that's mostly due to his length, so I can kinda understand why teams look at length now more than ever when it comes to DBs. Hell, Brandon Browner was the only reason the Pats' secondary didn't get completely fucked by a WR who had never caught a pass in his career (the aforementioned slot type corner, Kyle Arrington, got absolutely whipped by him)

Sherman has trouble against shiftier receivers. TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne made a mess of him last year. It was kind of the same idea where Stevie Johnson would seemingly always get open against Revis.

Then I take it you liked Super Bowl IV? The only one my team has ever won XD

I wasn't alive for that of course, but since my dad's side of the family is full of Chiefs fans (My aunt and uncle are some of the biggest Chiefs fans I've ever met), I would say that I would have liked it a lot

Sherman has trouble against shiftier receivers. TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne made a mess of him last year. It was kind of the same idea where Stevie Johnson would seemingly always get open against Revis.

That's the sole reason we picked up Stevie Johnson. We're terrible against Man to Man coverage. Johnson knows how to get open in Man to Man. It's due to his unorthodox route running style. He utilizes a lot of basketball moves like Gates. So a lot of Chargers fans are excited about him. Say you want him to run a flat, out, drag or an in route. He's going to do it like a 7, fake another route then pivot and run the direction of the route. He's also very explosive and has a good juke and stutter step that catches a lot of DBs.

Then I take it you liked Super Bowl IV? The only one my team has ever won XD

oh my god, i could hug you, the 2012 chiefs season was one of the saddest single team seasons ever

oh my god, i could hug you, the 2012 chiefs season was one of the saddest single team seasons ever

You apparently didn't see the seasons the Chiefs had in the 90's...:(