NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I highly doubt the 90s Chiefs had a situation like Jovan Belcher, compounded by a 2-14 season with 6 Pro Bowlers and a very very inept offense.

The Chiefs only had one losing season in the 90s - a 7-9 season in 1998.

Again, the 2012 season was probably one of the most exciting seasons of the past 5 years (partially biased) because of how every single team was flipped upside its head. The emergence of three phenomenal rookie quarterbacks and a fourth decent one, the Kaepernick/Smith situation, the majority of the playoffs being filled with crazy shit (especially on the NFC side), the re-emergence of Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos, the pinnacle of New England's two Tight End offense, that crazy shit with the Saints where they scored 461 points and allowed 454 despite not having Sean Payton, Adrian Peterson's monster season, and finally the moments where we started to realize that the all-time greats of our generation are on the downswing of their careers. But the Chiefs dysfunction remains a dark spot on an otherwise remarkable season.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt the 90s Chiefs had a situation like Jovan Belcher, compounded by a 2-14 season with 6 Pro Bowlers and a very very inept offense.

The Chiefs only had one losing season in the 90s - a 7-9 season in 1998.

Touche.

I wasn't alive for that of course, but since my dad's side of the family is full of Chiefs fans (My aunt and uncle are some of the biggest Chiefs fans I've ever met), I would say that I would have liked it a lot

My whole family is filled with Steelers fans. Everybody's from Pittsburgh, so yeah. lol Well, my brother doesn't think he is since he wasn't born there... And he instead hates the Steelers and likes the Packers (probably only because of Aaron Rodgers though). But he's dumb. xP

Fun fact: Ben is originally from near Cleveland, and he was mad that the Browns passed him up in the draft. Now he says he's from Pittsburgh and proud that his children say they are too.

Edited by Anacybele

Fun fact: Ben is originally from near Cleveland, and he was mad that the Browns passed him up in the draft. Now he says he's from Pittsburgh and proud that his children say they are too.

Fun fact, my cousins escaped Pittsburgh for war torn apartheid Israel. That says something about Pittsburgh.

Bills/Patriots Thursday night season opener? It's not like the Bills were bad last season and we can do with a bit of prime-time football. Warm-up for the playoffs, eh?

Seriously, I'm predicting a 10 win season for us this season. 5-1 in division (Miami in Florida will be tough and NE in Foxborough won't happen), Tennesse, Washington, Jacksonville, Dallas and NYG. Eagles, Colts, Bengals, Chiefs and Texans will be tough but aside from the Colts, I don't see a sure win. We could even go 14-2 with this schedule (reaching) if Greg Roman gets Cassel/EJ/Taylor working. Don't see a Buffalo tax coming in the next few years if we go to the post-season.

I honestly believe Buffalo will make the playoffs this season, but with Cassel as the best QB on the team, I can't imagine 5-1 in the division happening. Especially given their mediocre O-line and the fact that every team in the division has an elite D-line (well, except the Patriots, but even their D-line is probably top-12)

Fun fact, my cousins escaped Pittsburgh for war torn apartheid Israel. That says something about Pittsburgh.

:X

Pittsburgh is white trash city mane, i don't blame him

Hey. :(

I won't deny that Pittsburgh has some bad parts of the city, and its downtown wasn't doing so well for awhile, but it's still awesome overall. What about things like the zoo, Kennywood (amusement park), the PPG building skating rink, Sandcastle (a waterpark), the giant-ass movie theater on the Waterfront (it's called Loew's), the incline downtown, etc? The Century III Mall hasn't been doing so great, but I think it started to get revived. I hope it does anyway, I have a bunch of childhood memories of that place.

It also has a lot of historic landmarks. In fact, it's pretty historic there overall for a city that didn't have any major war battles or exist at the time of the thirteen colonies. Oh, it's also one of the cleanest cities I've been to. I rarely ever see a speck of litter. Unlike here... Even the military post is literally littered with it.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey. :(

I won't deny that Pittsburgh has some bad parts of the city, and its downtown wasn't doing so well for awhile, but it's still awesome overall. What about things like the zoo, Kennywood (amusement park), the PPG building skating rink, Sandcastle (a waterpark), the giant-ass movie theater on the Waterfront (it's called Loew's), the incline downtown, etc? The Century III Mall hasn't been doing so great, but I think it started to get revived. I hope it does anyway, I have a bunch of childhood memories of that place.

It also has a lot of historic landmarks. In fact, it's pretty historic there overall for a city that didn't have any major war battles or exist at the time of the thirteen colonies. Oh, it's also one of the cleanest cities I've been to. I rarely ever see a speck of litter. Unlike here... Even the military post is literally littered with it.

Fun fact: We don't care.

Fun fact: Then don't reply to it... Also, I didn't appreciate my home city being insulted the way it was.

Anyway. Looks like Lord Raven's wish for better receivers won't come true. The Ravens owner doesn't think they need any right now. :P

I wish we could wear our powder blue jerseys in the Super Bowl if we make it. Though I would enjoy the return to our white bolt royal blues.

Just look at Tomlinson so snazzy in both:

ladainian-tomlinson.jpg

ladainian-tomlinson.jpg

I really wish we could have the power blue as our permanents. But the Spanos family is like "Oh it's the start of a new era, let's wear royal blue." ;/

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

He's from Findlay, which is much closer to Toledo than Cleveland. Pittsburgh is only about 20 miles further from Cleveland than Findlay is (going in the other direction). Pretty much everyone from elsewhere in Ohio hates Toledo for being a bunch of Michigan-loving state-traitors (granted, pretty much every region of Ohio hates every other region of Ohio for some reason or another. There's a reason we're the quintessential "swing state". Pretty much the only thing the vast majority of Ohio agrees on is Ohio State, and even then those treasonous Toledoans throw that off)

Actually, I just learned the Ed Reed thing was an April Fools prank. But I'm pretty sure Ed Reed's retirement may as well have been after the Super Bowl win (and in a more technical sense after the 2013 season).

Yeah, good bye, Troy. :( You were always my favorite to watch. The Steelers are going to miss all those crazy stunts you would pull... But no player lasts forever. Age inevitably strikes.

Shamarko Thomas will be taking his place, and this might be a good idea. He's only started in two games, but he forced a huge fumble vs the Panthers, so he may have some potential going on there.

Also, speaking of Steeler news, Le'Veon Bell gets a THREE game suspension while LeGarrette Blount only gets ONE for the same offense? How is that fair at all? Yeah, Bell also got a DUI charge, but I thought players typically paid fines for that. Not to mention that this is Bell's first offense and it was basically stated that at most, he would get only a 1-2 game suspension.

Oh, but Blount's a Patriot, isn't he? The team that just won the Super Bowl and is SOOO hyped up! It'd be SO terrible for one of them to get suspended for two or more games! >_>

I'm sure glad some of those high 'n mighty NFL guys think the Steelers could be the top scoring offense in 2015. Not that I quite agree with that schedule they have (and Le'Veon Bell likely missing a few games now... -_-), but they should play pretty well if that record against good teams is anything to consider. The offense IS very powerful and the defense has potential to get good too. They kept the team with the best redzone efficiency OUT of the endzone! And they freaking stopped Jamaal freaking Charles at fourth and freaking inches. They also pressured the shit out of Andrew Luck. Those things gotta say something.

Edited by Anacybele

That must've been the game from a couple seasons ago where the Titans practically gave the Steelers a free safety... lol During opening kickoff, the Titans guy caught the ball and took a knee, but he didn't notice that he backed up a bit and took that knee RIGHT INTO THE ENDZONE. OMG, I was cracking up and my stepdad's mouth hit the floor. XD

Yeah, I'm amazed at how many times Luck got the ball somewhere through all that pressuring. o_O

The pressure did cause him to mess up bad a few times though. *cough*butt-safety*cough*William Gay's first pick-six*cough* lol

Edited by Anacybele

How do you know Luck just didn't time his throw poorly? Or that Gay just read him really well? Picks aren't ALWAYS the fault of the intended receiver.

Edited by Anacybele

Well then, Luck shouldn't even be throwing to him... lol

There's a reason Ben almost never throws to Heyward-Bey. Why did they resign him...? Santonio Holmes said he wants to come back, we should've gotten him instead, but we're full on receivers now. Holmes may not be the same guy that was our Super Bowl 43 MVP anymore, but he's likely better than butterfingers Heyward-Bey. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

You always throw to the guy you anticipate to be open, not if they're open (because a quarterback can't actually see as much as we think). If the guy doesn't make the right break on his route then it's either incomplete or intercepted. A pick six tends to mostly happen when these get messed up on the outside although you sometimes do get clear running lanes inside. I remember that pick six somewhat clearly - Nicks totally crapped out, because it was thrown as if he was going to come back and he didn't come back very much at all. Nicks definitely looks like he's jogging out there sometimes, because he's nowhere near as good as he was in 2011.

Anyway, DHB is a special teams monster and a great blocker. He was never thrown to because he probably never got any snaps.