NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Yeah I don't really plan on updating that, my parents dont even live in Ellicott City anymore. I'm in Maryland right now for vacation but I live in Tucson, AZ for grad school.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh, okay, I see. I've been trying to go back to school myself, but searching for this school my mom had in mind hasn't been easy...

Anyway, yep, the Facebook page says Williams signed a two year deal. That's fair enough.

But gods, some of these fans. Going "wat, we needz a CB!!11" and shit. Uh, morons, BELL NEEDS A BACKUP AND HE'S SUSPENDED FOR TWO GAMES. Would you all rather we have NO RB at ALL for two whole games? Save the CBs, safeties, and defensive linemen for the draft, geez. The defense needs some fresh young talent to get fixed and we don't have much cap space anyway. And trying a rookie RB from a draft would be way too risky.

Buy Redzone. That way, you can watch like... every single game.

I mean seriously, I live in Tel Aviv and I still manage to watch like 5 different games a week. Considering that early games start at 8 PM, I deserve props. Superbowl ended at like 5:30 AM this year and I worked it entirely.

Percy Harvin signed a 1 year deal with Buffalo. I don't like this. Feels like TO all over again.

Oh, I see... I'll give it a try then, when we don't get a Steeler game on TV here. We actually got most of them last time, though, surprisingly. But then again, it honestly feels like people around here love the Steelers more than the Panthers. lol When Franco Harris came to Ft. Bragg, the line was insane! And my mom found Steeler cupcakes at the grocery store one year right after the Panthers were booted from the playoffs. :P At the mall, I've noticed Steeler gear selling out pretty well in comparison to Panthers stuff. And at my work, the only NFL coat/jacket to sell out completely was...the Steelers.

Edited by Anacybele

Well yeah, I don't, like, heavily research every single team.

Neither do we...

I tak offense to that statement raven. Cause I actually do research every team pretty extensively.

then you're not in "we"

I don't do it extensively, but I keep up with the Ravens in some good detail and I have a passing understanding of the issues that most teams and players have. I think the most I do is go to PFR to verify a few things here and there (though I don't like the bulk stats), I don't really go to like PFF or something.

Wow, Raven, I would've honestly guessed that you did do a lot of research on every team, because you're always so knowledgeable, it seems! And I honestly admire it, I do!

Whaaat. The Steelers re-signed James Harrison? But he said he was going back into retirement! Not to mention he's freaking 37... Honestly, the guy wasn't bad for an oldbie and he was really good in his prime (still holds the record for the longest play in Super Bowl history, I think! And even if that's been topped, nobody's gonna forget that 100 yard pick-six, especially Cardinals fans, lol), but he's just not the James Harrison from those days anymore. If he's just sticking around as a backup and mentor for the younger guys though, I can go for that. Linebackers like him don't come around often!

Edited by Anacybele

Jacoby Jones has the longest play in Super bowl history, Ana. 108 yards.

After Mariota's pro day, anyone else get the sense that the Titans really want him?

I trust Ken Whisenhunt to develop him about as well as he developed Matt Leinart.

No, doesn't sound familiar to me at all. But if it happened, that sucks. It always seems to be a RAVEN player of all things that breaks a record one of the Steelers set. Next thing I know, Joe Flacco is going to get three 500 yard games or thirteen TDs in a two-game span... -_-

Eh, sounds like a reasonable change to me. Lord Raven ought to be happy about it though, says Baltimore fans should be happy. :P

But a ban on pushing teammates forward at the line of scrimmage?! What BS is that?! I get if you don't want, say, a player doing what Antonio Brown did with Shamarko Thomas when he made that punt return TD against the Bengals. AB pushed Thomas forward, causing a Bengal dude to trip up and miss a chance to tackle AB. I was honestly surprised that he wasn't flagged for that. I'd have thought it was illegal, despite that AB was pushing his own guy. But I totally approve of plays such as the offensive line shoving the RB or QB forward to get a first down or TD. It's worked for my Steelers so many beautiful times and it shows true teamwork. Plus, with smaller guys like Le'Veon Bell who just don't have the build to take a hard shove and slowish guys like Big Ben who can't move fast enough to shove really hard on their own, they need such a tactic.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh it's definitely reasonable, I just found it pretty funny.

And I completely understand the pushing teammates ban. I always thought it was kinda BS when you had a RB like Lynch who wouldn't go down, and then had all of his lineman pushing him despite his momentum being (temporarily) stopped

Yeah, but like I said, it's still a classic scenario of teamwork. Just plain old teamwork. One or more players helping out a teammate. That's what being a team is all about, isn't it? Working together? Also, what about that old saying that goes something like "all you need is a little push to get going!"?

This all might sound a bit cheesy, but I believe in it. xP Imo, not letting the players push their RB or QB forward for more yardage would be like banning the players from blocking each other.

If something SHOULD be changed though, I think it's what should be considered a TD when the pylon/line is involved. Right now, it's a TD if it just touches the damn thing, but I think that's dumb. Imo, it should only be a TD if the ball is ACROSS the line or PAST the pylon. I mean, they already set it to where you have to have both feet down and inside when you catch a pass in the endzone. So...?

Edited by Anacybele

I still think it's crap because the ball carrier is already stopped, so the play should be ruled dead. IMO the guy with the ball should be the only person responsible for actually advancing it.

And why hate on the pylon rule? The pylon represents the furtheresrt part of the goal line that is still in play, so by touching it you're crossing the goal line. Your argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me