NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fhfh;kkhg;aghpie HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME! 16-3 STEELERS YEAH!! That last play was the SHIT too! Ben fake-pumps it and BOMBS it to Antonio Brown for a TD! YEAAAAHH!!

That game against the Ravens didn't mean a SPECK of SHIT! My Steelers are back and kicking ASS! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

carolina looks awful today, if they can't handle the Steelers OL and Legarrette Blount (who is not that great) then they are going to struggle in bmore next week... hopefully

Sounds like we should be beating them by 50 if the math lines up

Blount is bad when he picked up a ton of yards and a TD against one of the best defenses in the league AND hurdled people? You're joking. :P

This Steelers team skyrocketed since the Ravens game, without a doubt. That o-line was amazing today! Ben did awesome stuff, Bell did awesome stuff, Brown did awesome stuff, and the o-line managed to protect Ben pretty well. They even managed to make Luke Kuechly mess up and he's really good. And the offense was backed up inside their own TEN TWICE and still managed to make stuff out of it!

And that defense put up great plays even after losing Taylor, Shazier, AND Jarvis Jones.

Watch out, these Steelers are dangerous again!

Blount still isn't a good back, his Indy games and this game were because they were facing completely gassed defenses. Blount can't make people miss, he has very little power. Blount was basically put in during garbage time against tired Carolina starters.

These are very consistent criticisms of him and a lot of people know this. Even when I saw him speed up he just seemed to have a lot of straight line speed and very little quickness or elusiveness. If there's no hole to be found he's screwed; if there's a huge hole he will go through it and gain some yards. Not a hard thing to grasp. He's basically a running back with the size of a linebacker.

Are we going to say that Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton because of the TD he scored in the waning seconds of an already decided game? That's the same logic you're using, even though it goes completely against the fact that Derek Anderson was largely useless throughout his entire career.

Edited by Lord Raven

No, because that's just one play you're talking about. I'm talking about multiple plays where Blount put up yards and stuff against this high-ranked defense. He's not as bad as you say. Sure, he's slow and can't quite explode like Bell can. But his size lets him function like Heath Miller and carry defenders with him. He was dragging two guys when he got that TD!

On another topic, DAT 81 YARD RUN BY BELL. Le'Veon Bell is the bomb! That was the longest run this season and the longest run by a Steeler since 1970!

Also, that fucked up punt return that ended up being a TD for the Steelers oh my gods I was laughing so hard. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Take off the homer glasses Ana before you post in here, for real we need to make that a rule or something. He had 3 rushes prior to the fourth quarter - which is when garbage time started - and he got two 3 yard gains and a 15 yard gain. That's typical of an RB with a small amount of carries, because if he got more carries his YPC would tend towards around 2.5-3 YPC.

The fourth quarter is when he started to "shine" and that's because he was up against a very gassed, tired Carolina defense. That's the only way he can shine. He is not fast. He has no acceleration or burst. He can drag a defender or two sometimes through sheer force of will but very rarely because he's so slow (at best he'll fight for a yard because he cannot break tackles because he's slow). Miller has his weight but is a hell of a lot taller and as a result has far more burst.

6'0" 250 pounds is very very overweight for a running back and it makes sense why he lacks these things. If you're fresh off the bench and going against a tired defense that's almost effectively given up then you're going to be successful no matter what, especially when the receivers and Bell tired those guys out with the short and underneath passes. For reference, the Panthers TOP was around 25 minutes; the Steelers was around 35 minutes. The Panthers D was on the field a lot.

This is how he could so effectively torch the Colts in the playoffs last year, and this is the only place where he was really used; garbage time situations where the team was just burning clock. He's not reliable at all against a fresh defense, and when there are no holes to be found he lacks the quickness and acceleration to bounce out and gain positive yardage. He is nowhere close to elusive.

I will agree on one thing. Blount should lose some weight like Bell did, because that IS indeed slowing him down and hindering his ability. But I still won't agree that he's bad. And don't forget that he got a 32-yard gain. Not many slow guys can do that.

But this isn't going to go anywhere, so I'm going to end it here. I'm just freaking amazed and happy that my Steelers KICKED ASS like nobody's business!

Well yeah, I admit that much is true.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing. Cam Newton's fumble was the first turnover the Panthers allowed this season. lol Jarvis Jones hurt himself after hitting Cam and knocking the ball loose, but yeah.

I will agree on one thing. Blount should lose some weight like Bell did, because that IS indeed slowing him down and hindering his ability. But I still won't agree that he's bad. And don't forget that he got a 32-yard gain. Not many slow guys can do that.

But this isn't going to go anywhere, so I'm going to end it here. I'm just freaking amazed and happy that my Steelers KICKED ASS like nobody's business!

An athlete losing weight makes them dehydrated. That means his production rate would likely lower. Since he's at his 5th season and Runningbacks usually have a wear and tear rate of 8-10 years it would be a bad investment currently. Though I'm no nutritionist. It's just evident in boxing.

Edited by Zephyr

On top of that Blount shedding like 30-40 pounds like that is impossible lol, he's 6'0" and 250 - Adrian Peterson is 6'2" and 220 and Lynch is 5'11" and 215. Lynch is also considered to be one of the beefier RBs in the league.

There's a very, very good reason why Blount has very little acceleration. When Rice was 5'8" and 220 like last year, he had very little power or burst (and the lack of OL didn't help) so it contributed to his really bad season (on top of injuries). It makes the Ray Rice incident all the more crushing because he dropped like 20 over the offseason.

Le'Veon Bell lost weight and it made him faster. They even pointed this out during the game.

That was like 10 pounds which isn't too shabby. But as Raven pointed out Blount is massive. That's like 30 pounds he needs to burn which is like an entire weight class in boxing. And when boxers drop a weight class they're too dehydrated to fight to full potential since they need to cut a bit of water to keep the weight. Which can be applied to Blount where his strength and stamina might decline, for speed but will get back there after time. But he'll be at the end of his career by the time that happens unless he miraculously doesn't get injured for the rest of his career and still stays consistent in speed.

Edited by Zephyr

Actually, they said he lost 20 lbs. And I never said Blount needed to lose the weight right in the middle of the season. He needs to do it in the off-season as Bell had.

Edited by Anacybele

Last night's game was interesting. I think the Steelers are probably one of those not at all consistent teams that everybody hates playing because they either do amazing (see: last night) or suck (see: the second half of the Browns game).

Le'Veon Bell lost weight and it made him faster. They even pointed this out during the game.

It's worth noting that Bell is a considerably younger and more talented back.

Well yeah, I never said Blount was better than Bell. Bell is most definitely better and more talented. I just don't think Blount is bad. :P

Also, this game was the first time since 1986 that two Steelers RBs got at least 100 rushing yards a piece in the same game! So cool. :D

But I agree that the Steelers seem inconsistent and they need to fix that. It could end up destroying them later at a more crucial point of the season.

Edited by Anacybele

I've missed James Harrison since he left. That guy could always do well in getting to the QB, even if LaMarr Woodley was a bit better at it (six sacks in like four weeks, holy crap).

But Steeler fans got a pleasant surprise! He's coming back! He's pulling a Max Starks and coming out of retirement to rejoin the Steelers because Shazier and Jones got knocked out with injuries. :D

Still though, thanks to my NUMBER 2 TEAM of all people, we've lost Jones for eight weeks and Taylor for the rest of the season. Ugggh. It might have been more friendly fire than direct hits from Panthers players, but our guys were still trying to crush them.

Edited by Anacybele

By the end of last night the bears had no activated DBs that hadn't played.

This season's going to be SO fun. At least Kyle Fuller looks amazing and our DL is still healthy

Edited by Da Bear

New York Giants at Washington- Home teams have had a big advantage in Thursday Night games, not seeing a big reason to go against that here

Green Bay at Chicago- First the Packers have bad defense, now they have no offense? Doesn't look good for them.

Detroit at New York Jets- Stafford hasn't been good at all these last 2 weeks really.

Carolina at Baltimore- Panthers looked exposed on Sunday- maybe they have more issues than they showed the first 2 weeks.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh- Bucs are terrible.

Tennessee at Indianapolis- Titans look really bad on both sides of the ball.

Miami at Oakland- Dolphins have looked really bad the past 2 weeks, but I still don't want to pick the Raiders.

Buffalo at Houston- If Jennings could run for 176, the Bills running attack should be very successful. Texans odds are better if Arian Foster comes back.

Jacksonville at San Diego- Chargers good, Jaguars very bad.

Atlanta at Minnesota- I don't see how the Vikings can keep up offensively here without Peterson

Philadelphia at San Francisco- Eagles bad defensive plan should catch up to them eventually.

New Orleans at Dallas- If the Cowboys gave up over 300 to Austin Davis, Drew Brees should do well against them in theory.

New England at Kansas City- Patriots have had little offense for the past 10 quarters and Chiefs have played pretty well the last 2 weeks.

As much as I would love for the Panthers to totally blow out the Ravens after the BS that was Steelers vs Ravens, I have to agree that the Ravens have the upper hand. But they had a lot of trouble against the fricking Brownies, so it may be a closer game than we think. :P

Here are the Bucs, the way they play sucks!