NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was skeptical because I heard about other Rugby players that came to the NFL that are either out of the league or relegated to the practice squad, but I've heard this guy was actually not an average to below average player. In fact I heard he was a phenomenal player.

If he has good footwork and coverage skills, I could see him being a pretty good press corner. Especially if he bulks up. If that is the case, then I will be so fucking mad if he gets to the Seahawks - they have enough of those.

Wow, NFL.com's guys have a lot of confidence in the Steelers... Wish I could. :(

I mean, yeah, the Steelers have a lot of time to prepare for this. But Houston has even more, I think. They played last Thursday, I believe. It is a home game for the Steelers though, so it could be pretty close. I still feel these guys will miss the playoffs for the third season in a row, but I'd like for them to go at least 8-8 and not suffer a losing season. Ben has only had one losing season so far in his whole career, we should keep it that way for him!

EDIT: Oh, as for that guy, if he's good, the Steelers ought to get him! They need some help!

Edited by Anacybele

Only thing about the Texans is that they have a wrecking ball in Brian Cushing and an even bigger wrecking ball in JJ Watt. Clowney could be back to add to the metaphor, but they don't have much else on defense. The offense has Arian Foster tearing things up and he could potential run all over the Steelers with Fitzmagic getting a random completion here and there to like Andre Johnson. But this is a team that lacks talent and I do think the Steelers can take it.

A 3.5 favorite means they're slightly favored on a neutral field, I think home field advantage gives you a +3 automatically.

Yeah, I did notice better stats on the Steelers on the comparison chart. I guess if our own wrecking balls, namely Ben, Antonio Brown, Bell, and Miller, play their plays right, they can snatch a much needed win.

But this defense has GOT to start showing up eventually as well. -_-

Also, the Pats saved themselves with a FG block whoa. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

Mmm, Attaochu doubtful and Flowers questionable. If Flowers can't play I hope he doesn't force himself, since we definitely need his hands for the Broncos games.

So, some Steeler news I found earlier that may be good. LeBeau has benched Cortez Allen in favor of Brice McCain, the guy who did that pick-six in the game against the Jags. The reason why I say this MAY be good is that while McCain did good with that play, it was against a bad team and Cortez Allen already has two picks of his own on the season. At the same time though, Allen hasn't been effective at all otherwise. So we'll see how this plays out. Hopefully McCain will live up to LeBeau's expectations.

But then, who's going to fill in for Ike Taylor now? I had assumed that's what McCain had been doing beforehand. Taylor is also a CB.

Another thing, I've decided that I was wrong to blame LeBeau for the defense problems. James Harrison has been defending him and Harrison has known LeBeau for years on account of having been a Steeler LB for years before he spent last season with the Bengals. So yeah, I now believe that the defense just lacks talent lately while the offense lacks a good coordinator. Knowing WHAT the problems are is the first step to solving them too, so LeBeau making some changes to the starting defense roster is the right move. Let's just hope he made the right changes.

The word from some beat reporters is that Harvin got into altercations with teammates a couple times (including on Super Bowl weekend) and wanted out. That being said, it's safe to assume that this had more to do with his production not matching his big salary. The Seahawks also probably didn't want him to be traded to a contender, so, enter the Jets. Still don't like this trade for either team.

As for what's really ailing the Steelers, I thought this article was a good read: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-sad-state-steelers

As for what's really ailing the Steelers, I thought this article was a good read: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-sad-state-steelers

And that article pretty much sums up my thoughts in greater detail. Like I said, Haley is a scrubby coordinator while the defense lacks enough talent for LeBeau to work with. I'm seeing it now in those plays the article showed and went into detail about. LeBeau was making the right calls, but his players just couldn't pull off what he told them to.

Our offense did great until Haley came in. I don't know why Bruce Arians got the boot, he did a better job than this joker. Yeah, Ben had to endure a bad o-line, but at the same time, the offense still got shit done. Even with Charlie freaking Batch at QB when Ben was hurt, the offense produced. They beat the Ravens in Baltimore!

Edited by Anacybele

Arians got the boot because his offense was not conducive to Ben's health or your offensive line. If Arians were coordinator right now, then I guarantee you Ben would miss 4-5 games last year and around a game by now, and you would be bitching about Arians.

Arians is the reason why Luck struggled like hell in 2012 btw, Luck's rookie completion% of 54 and 18 Ints is because he insisted on using a deep passing system with a poor offensive line and small receivers. Haley's system is more suited to your personnel as it stands, because it's not like you guys have Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Mike Wallace anymore. He's getting what he wants in Arizona btw.

Charlie Batch won in 2012, Arians was in Indianapolis as interim head coach/offensive coordinator. Haley was OC in 2012. Last time Arians was OC in Pittsburgh was when they were swept by Baltimore in 2011.

Arians was also there when they got Super Bowl wins. But whatever, I still don't think Haley is doing a good job.

My mistake on Charlie Batch though, I guess I got the year wrong. xP

Also, the Cardinals went undefeated for awhile under Arians.

Edited by Anacybele

They started 3-0 which is barely "a while"... Pittsburgh fans were complaining about Arians' playcalling for a while too if you don't recall, and Arians was also the reason Ben had to stay in the pocket, fight off defenders, then end up missing 3-4 games a season due to injuries.

Cardinals offense last year was also poor until the midpoint of the season when, according to palmer, everything started clicking in terms of learning the playbook. On top of that, the receivers that the Steelers have don't fit Arians' system; they're not huge burner types. Antonio Brown's top end speed didn't match Wallace's, and his size wasn't quite Burress'; you need these big and fast receivers (currently archetypes are like Vincent Jackson and Michael Floyd, the latter of whom is in Arizona) otherwise his system doesn't work. And let's not forget good protection.

I'm not saying Arians is a bad coordinator but I think you'll find the Steelers won't have much success with him, either.

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, you're right that Ben got hurt a lot under Arians. I do remember that much. And Wallace made more plays under Arians as well, and that's probably why he was dropped after Haley came in.

You could be right. But my point that Haley isn't doing much better still stands. Like I've seen others say, his play calls seem predictable. I've noticed that a bunch of times, I saw the outcome of a play from a mile away the way he had them line up. And of course, these plays happened exactly the way I thought they would.

But then when Ben calls the play, they do it right. I bet he called most of the shots in that game against the Panthers. How else could they manage to blow out a team with a top rated defense? And our offense has plenty of talent, so you can't blame that. The o-line is still mediocre, but we also have Ben, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Heath Miller, etc. They're all great! LeGarrette Blount has been reliable in closing games (otherwise though, he's not near as talented) and Markus Wheaton doesn't drop as many passes as Butterfingers Sanders did.

Markus Wheaton has issues, sure. But he's only in his second year, he needs to grow. Dri Archer as well, he's still a rookie. Given time, I think these two can be quite talented and useful because speed, speed, and more speed. They're both supposed to be faster than even Mike Wallace.

ClevelandSteve, you're quite a drag everytime I see you post in this thread, didn't your backup center do well last week lol

Well Rex Ryan, you want a weapon? Well now you have a weapon. Jets got Percy Harvin, through some trade with the Seahawks o.o

There are starting to be a lot of leaks about that, and it's basically the same as back in Minnesota. Locker Room cancer, fucking around with team chemistry, and just being a complete asshole. It is all but confirmed that Golden Tate left Seattle because of him.

ALSO WILL HILL IS IN OUR SECONDARY STARTING THIS SUNDAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrAHGHA_1WE

(The first one was a typical pick six on an outside play - that one's not a true highlight. Look at the way he tackles and the way he gets to the ball. He will allow Webb and Smith to play more aggressive with safety help over the top, possibly move like Terrence Brooks to Nickel Corner/Big Nickel Safety, and allow Matt Elam to stop fucking playing Free Safety given he was drafted as a Strong Safety!)

And expect to see a lot of this dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOuseeGK3w

Edited by Lord Raven

Ah, Kelvin Benjamin is going to play today after all! That's really good news, I'm glad he's okay. ^^ The Panthers would've probably had no chance against the Packers without him. Like I said, he's been carrying the team's air game and he's a candidate for offensive rookie of the year.

Edited by Anacybele

At least your team isn't getting fucking shut out completely. These Panthers are having Steeler-like problems, but on a bigger scale, it looks like. Penalities constantly, some negating really good plays (like that INTERCEPTION, even though Luke Kuechly was offside before it happened), sloppy playing, particularly on the defense... Yeah.

Just...what the FUCK happened with this defense? I can hardly believe they were top ranked last season.

Kuechly seems like he's the only one on that defense that's even trying to do his job. Well, him and that other guy that managed to bring down Eddie Lacy in the back field once or twice. I don't know the names of as many Panther players as I do Steelers. xP

Kuechly is amazing though. :3 He's REALLY cute and he seems really nice. He helped a lady on the sidelines that he accidentally knocked over. Such a gentle giant, he seems! And he's good at his job!

Awww Verrett is out today... we have Shareece Wright back so I shouldn't worry.

EDIT: Flowers is playing too great day, hope he is ready for TNF, where we need him. Probably resting Verrett for TNF as well.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet