NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Well, why would they praise San Diego after they lose a game they were supposed to win?

What do you mean "supposed to win?" Andy Reid is known to be 13-2 (now 14-2) after a "bye". A bunch of Chargers are injured and this is a divisional game meant to be taken seriously. Also, did I mention they were coming off a bye?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas City isn't a good team contrary to popular belief

That 14 minute long drive was disgusting and should never, ever happen.

EDIT: I love Peyton and all but seeing his mouth movements are the funniest thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSw18z4zBU

"Why the fuck did he called a timeout?"

Also...

http://www.gfycat.com/KeyConventionalCats

Give up, they're much faster than you.

Edited by Lord Raven

What do you mean "supposed to win?" Andy Reid is known to be 13-2 (now 14-2) after a "bye". A bunch of Chargers are injured and this is a divisional game meant to be taken seriously. Also, did I mention they were coming off a bye?

Chargers were still a 5-1 team at home against a 2-3 team and favored to win. It's not as embarrassing as losing to Tampa Bay or something, but it's expected for the media to start doubting how good the Chargers actually are. Statements like "The Chargers injuries are catching up to them" seem perfectly reasonable considering you just cited injuries as a reason for losing.

Edited by -Cynthia-

EDIT: I love Peyton and all but seeing his mouth movements are the funniest thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSw18z4zBU

"Why the fuck did he called a timeout?"

Also...

http://www.gfycat.com/KeyConventionalCats

Give up, they're much faster than you.

OMG, wow, Pey-Pey. XD That really IS gold.

Steelers play in less than two hours! ~Here we go, Steelers. Here we go!

I still don't think they'll make the playoffs anymore, but I feel like singing for some reason... lol

~Whoa oa oahhh oa oaah oa oh

Caught in the steel defense...

Whoa oa oahhh oa oaah oa oh

Caught in the steel defense...

Ta-ta-Tomla-la-ah

Pola-Pola-ma-ah

Ra-ra-Roethlis-ba-ah

Here we go, Steelers

We are the champions, the number one team

Don't need no cheerleaders or Steeler McBean

We're black and gold...

Gold, gold, gold, we're black and gooold!

Our offense will rush you

And our defense will crush you

We got the steel, the steel defense

Here come the playoffs when we get our revenge

You and me, we got the steel defense!

We're winnin' Super Bowls again and again

You and me, we got the steel defense!

Ta-ta-Tomla-la-ah

Pola-Pola-ma-ah

Ra-ra-Roethlis-ba-ah

Here we go, Steelers

Try a trick play, a long distance pass...

We'll intercept ya, knock ya flat on the grass

We're black and gold

Gold, gold, gold, we're black and gooold!

Try to blitz us, oh yeah in your dreams!

Big Ben'll trick ya and you know what I mean

We're black and gold

Gold, gold, gold, we're black and gooold!~

That song is a parody of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" btw. I think it's the best Steeler theme song ever. <3 Although it was made when Hines Ward, Casey Hampton, Mike Wallace, Rashard Mendenhall, Isaac Redman, and Mwelde Moore were on the team. Because the song mentions all of them.

If only we really did have a steel defense right now though... xP

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, Gruden is tearing your team apart right now. He made fun of the James Harrison and Brent Kiesel signing and proposed yall sign Mean Joe Greene and Mel Blount. While he was at it he should've brought up Jack Lambart.

Meanwhile, Bell ran all over that Texans defense. And they got away with PI. That guy was all over Markus Wheaton, even the announcers noticed it. And like I care what some guy says about the players? xP

Oh yeah, Clowney isn't playing either. Hope that guy's smiling!

Edited by Anacybele

Like I said, I. Don't. Care.

This defense started out nice...and then failed again. Just...come on. So many guys got hands on...Arian Foster was it? They should've been able to bring him down.

If Houston wins this game, my dad gets $10. He already won $80 through bets because of me ^^.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Timmons nailed Fitzpatrick! Now THIS is defensive Steeler football. These guys can do it if they just TRY, seriously. Ben is just not being Ben right now though, come on. And Wheaton, get on the same damn page already, Antonio Brown can't do all the work by himself.

Bell has done great and so has Miller, but only when Ben worked fast. He's holding the ball too long, and like the announcers said, you can't do that when JJ f***ing Watt is running around.

EDIT: OH SHIT MARTAVIS BRYANT 35 YARD TD CATCH!! That's how it's done, you guys! See how you do when you do it right? THIS is Steeler football!

EDIT2: FUMBLE RECOVERY AND THEN ANTONIO BROWN PASS TO LANCE MOORE FOR THE TD!! WHO YA GONNA MAKE FUN OF NOW, JOHN GRUDEN? HUH? HUH?!!

EDIT3: HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT, NOW BRETT KIESEL PICKS IT OFF!! YEAAAAH!! STEELERS! STEELERS! STEELERS!

EDIT4: LE'VEON BELL FOR THE TD!! WOOOW THESE STEELERS!!

Edited by Anacybele

These Steelers turned things around SO FAST, I couldn't believe it! Just WOW!!

Here we go, Steelers, INDEED.

EDIT: Forcing a three-and-out already, and at 2 &1, then 3 & 1. Is that nice? I think that's nice, yo.

EDIT2: Dudes, I love Antonio Brown. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

So football picks:

Thursday Night Football:

Chargers @ Broncos, Jason Verrett was rested Sunday for Broncos game, he can keep up with Welker and Sanders. If Flowers plays (assuming he passes the concussion protocol before playing and his groin does not slow him down) then our secondary is ready. John Pagano knows how to set up his defense against Manning so I trust that he will do a wonderful task. Chargers are going to bounce back after their terrible performance.

Sunday's Football:

Lions @ Falcons, Lions beat the Saints. The Falcons have a terrible defense against the average Offense led by Matthew Stafford, a somewhat easy pick.

Ravens @ Bengals, 0-27 against the Colts...?! Easy pick, Flacco will have a wonderful day and pick off the Bengals secondaries and the amazing job Gary Kubiak has done so far. Andy Dalton doesn't have A.J Green to match up against the Ravens' secondaries.

Bills @ Jets, a questionable pick, as Jets pick up Percy Harvin, but Bills have Sammy Watkins and C.J Spiller, that's enough to break the Jets. Geno Smith's offense doesn't seem good enough to beat this Bills team.

Seahawks @ Panthers, I know they lost to the Rams, but they almost lost to the Rams last year anyways. Seahawks are the more talented team, and I don't think Cam Newton has enough weapons to match off against the Seahawks slightly diminished secondary.

Bears @ Patriots, Patriots have had a bounce back to continue their AFC East dynasty. Bears are too inconsistent and Cutler is too questionable for me to pick them. Really easy pick.

Texans @ Titans, the Titans will definitely have some pressure from Jadeveon Clowney and J.J Watt. I don't think Titans have a suitable offense to take on the Texans.

Dolphins @ Jaguars, Odd pick, but I feel Bortles got this. Dolphins are a good team that almost beat Green Bay but Jaguars are at home and they probably want to try to win games to keep their momentum going.

Rams @ Chiefs, Fun cycle ain't it? Chargers beat the Seahawks, the Rams beat the Seahawks, the Chiefs beat the Chargers and the Broncos lost to the Seahawks. Jamaal Charles doesn't look like he'll slow down any time soon, and will probably the key to winning against these Rams.

Vikings @ Buccaneers, both teams suck but Buccaneers gets blown out at home so Vikings it is with Teddy Bridgewater leading.

Eagles @ Cardinals, REALLY REALLY GOOD GAME, I expect this to be close, and we get to know which team loses it's standings as best team in the NFL. I choose Eagles because Lesean Mccoy is doing excellent and Nick Foles can go against this Cardinals secondary. At the same time you have the Cardinals with Carson Palmer back who can also match with Eagles' secondary. They can also run it with Andre Ellington. Look forward to this.

Raiders @ Browns, we all want the Browns to win. Brian Hoyer played terrible against Jacksonville but he will keep playing good. As well as a good running game ran by Ben Tate and Isaiah Crowell. Raiders have Derek Carr and McFadden with them but I think Browns will put up more points. Browns are at home which is a plus.

Colts @ Steelers, Colts shut out the Bengals... the Colts have a good offense that will out perform the questionable Steelers' secondary. That's all I need to say.

Packers @ Saints, Aaron Rodgers playing phenomenal, 15 TDs to 1 INT? Also Packers secondary is playing amazing. This is a pretty one-sided game and pick. Saints are doing terribly so VERY easy pick.

Monday Night Football:

Redskins @ Cowboys, Demarco Murray playing good and Tony Romo is showing he can lead a team away from 8-8. Redskins are outclassed in talent so one of the easier picks.

Happy Byes Giants and 49ers.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

don't forget that the bengals receivers are banged up, vontaze burfict is probably out another game, and will hill is in our secondary AND webb is playing very well (neither played against Cincy week 1).

EDIT: Before a certain someone gets uppity I predicted this... Houston does not look good regardless of how hyped they are. What the fuck were the Steelers thinking putting DHB on the hands team? Dude's hands are 100% brick. Anyway, proper predictions?

SD@DEN - Denver's just a more balanced team all around than San Diego, and the SD OL injuries are piling up. Denver takes this.

DET@ATL - Detroit's defense is nasty, offense does just enough to win, and Atlanta is terrible.

BAL@CIN - this is the division right here, and the Bengals look mortal. Their starting NT is injured, their pass rush is banged up because Burfict is an idiot, and our secondary is vastly improved from the last time we met. Our pass rush can actually get to a QB without a completion. Except lots of screens to Bernard busted up because Mosley has done nothing but improve and Elam is back at his natural position.

BUF@NYJ - I don't expect Percy Harvin to do much but I don't expect the Bills offense to do much either.

SEA@CAR - I expect Carolina to take this in a shootout. Both teams are underperforming heavily.

CHI@NE - Chicago's defense is awful... but this seems like another shootout.

HOU@TEN - Houston might've looked kinda bad today, but Tennessee looks bad everyday.

MIA@JAX - Jacksonville is still not great, Dolphins are much more talented. Jacksonville could win here due to coaching though...

STL@KC - St. Louis' defense basically sucks.. gotta go with KC, who also doesn't have a great defense.

MIN@TB - blunder bowl, Minnesota's a better team with a better pass rush and something resembling an offense. I expect this to go like the Vikings/Falcons game except the Buccs score less.

PHI@AZ - Philadelphia is struggling on offense, Arizona's not struggling on defense... Arizona is doing well enough on offense to win games though.

OAK@CLE - lol, lets hope losing their center wasn't too bad

IND@PIT - Pittsburgh still has plenty of issues, and if the Texans were more formidable on offense then this game would've gone the other way. Luckily enough, the Colts are strong on both sides of the ball so I don't think the Steelers take it.

GB@NO - another team that is performing far below its talent level suggests, I see New Orleans getting their first home loss since 2012 here.

WAS@DAL - tears of Redskins fans in the DMV area are tasty.

Edited by Lord Raven

Polamolu looked so slow on that fumble return. It was hard to watch.

Polamalu. xP

But he doesn't necessarily have to run it really far, it's good that he recovered it at all.

My Steelers win it after Michael Palmer got the onside kick. :awesome: They put the Brownies right back in the AFC North basement where they belong!

But yeah, the Colts are going to be tough. I think it could be close though, if the Steelers play like they did today. The defense forced three turnovers and a few three-and-outs. And they did great in shutting down Arian Foster (not right away, but still). Big Ben and crew beat JJ Watt and his squad pretty damn good. Watt was looking pooped out after awhile. lol But yeah, those Colts will not be easy to beat. Best prepare yourselves big time, Steelers.

San Diego at Denver- Chargers did manage to win here last year, but I don't want to pick against Manning at home. Broncos look very strong on both sides of the ball right now.

Detroit at Atlanta- Falcons are a mess, Lions are not.

Baltimore at Cincinnati- Usually I like the Bengals at home, but injuries have made them look poor since their bye

Buffalo at New York Jets- Bills could blow this, but I have no confidence in the Jets.

Seattle at Carolina- Seahawks have been questionable this year, but that Panthers defense looks terrible

Chicago at New England- Tom Brady at home is money in the bank right? I WILL PICK A BEARS GAME RIGHT THIS SEASON DAMNIT!

Houston at Tennessee- Like I said last week, it doesn't really matter if it's Locker or Whitehurst because the Titans are bad either way

Miami at Jacksonville- Jaguars defense has been playing much better, but Dolphins have been looking pretty solid recently

St. Louis at Kansas City- Nice win for the Rams last week, but I think the Chiefs are the better team

Minnesota at Tampa Bay- Vikings aren't very good, but Bucs are terrible especially at home for some reason

Philadelphia at Arizona- Interesting game, going with the Cardinals with their home field advantage

Oakland at Cleveland- When in doubt, pick against the Raiders

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh- Colts have been rolling on both sides of the ball recently, don't expect that to stop here

Green Bay at New Orleans- I don't really like picking against the Saints at home, especially in primetime, but Rodgers vs. that Saints defense seems like a total mismatch

Washington at Dallas- Colt McCoy or RG3...doesn't really matter the Redskins aren't very good with either

Oh yeah, peeps, who's the first team to score 24 points in three minutes since 2002? The Steelers, yo!

Also, I love how the announcers compared Antonio Brown to Spiderman. :awesome:

They also said one beard beat the other on that Kiesel pick. Who's got the best beard? KIESEL, that's who! :awesome:

Even if they don't make the playoffs, I commend what these guys did today. They're still trying as hard as ever to come back when they start slipping.

Really? They said that the Steelers' "avalanche" was the first surge in points like that since Thanksgiving of 2012 (where, I think they said it was Pats, a team got 21 points in less than three minutes). But I guess they didn't check ALL their info. xP

Oh yeah, another thing about Polamalu... He looked pretty fast to me when he chased down that one dude.

Yeah they didn't check their info cause the Ravens-Vikings game in the snow last year was 12-7 Vikings with 2 minutes left in the fourth and the final score was 29-26 Ravens.

EDIT: win probability graph. Kind of what I imagine multiple heart attacks feel like.

ravens-vikings-win-probability.jpg

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh, so you're right then. I guess even the announcers make mistakes on occasion. In fact, now that I think about it, they did when they said Bell's 81 yard run against the Panthers was the longest run by a Steeler since the 80s. They forgot James Harrison's 100 yard pick-six from Super Bowl 43. lol But they probably meant the longest OFFENSIVE run, as James Harrison's play was defense.

So, as much as I'd love for the Steelers to take down the Colts and make a statement or two (those statements being "We no longer suck!" and "Don't get too comfortable on that first place couch, Ravens" basically), I don't see it happening right now either. I believe they can do it, I'm just not sure they're ready for them. But of course, it'll be awesome as hell if the black and gold guys DO manage to come out on top. ^^

EDIT: Heh, heh, Cameron Heyward says Brett Kiesel outplayed JJ Watt. I think this just might be true too, Kiesel did do really well in this game! I bet John Gruden regrets making fun of him. lol The 36-year-old beard still has football left in him!

Edited by Anacybele

Jerry Attaochu is returning so we have a Pass Rusher on Defense. Now time to pray to the football gods Brandon Flower miraculously returns, healthy enough to make plays.

I hope at least Ryan Shazier comes back soon too. The Steeler defense is still missing both him and Jarvis Jones despite that they did well against the Texans.

My stepdad thinks the team just got lucky against them, but I disagree. Yeah, the Texans did make some mistakes, but the Steelers took complete advantage of that, just like they took total advantage of the Panthers' fails in week 3. Plus, some of those "mistakes" were also due to skill from the Steelers. Take Kiesel's interception, for instance. It started with the front guys putting pressure on Fitzpatrick, causing him to make a bad throw that Kiesel could deflect. Kiesel winding up catching it right after WAS actually dumb luck lol, but even if he hadn't gotten it, it would've been an incomplete pass since it ricocheted off of Lawrence Timmons's helmet.

Then the turnover in the fourth quarter, that was all Mike Mitchell and then Polamalu scooping up the loose ball. Mitchell punched it out, and Polamalu was right there.

And I haven't even mentioned the Arian Foster fumble! That guy had only fumbled ONCE in his entire career before that. And OUR defense made him do it again. That can't just be luck, no way.

Same with Timmons getting to Fitzpatrick and stuffing him.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Haley made some smart calls that helped lead to those TDs in the end of the first half. Who would've expected him to have Ben do a lateral to Antonio Brown and then Brown toss it to Lance Moore five yards from the goal line? And then the Texans got mixed up by Bell's positioning in the TD that put the icing on the cake.

Lastly, the defense freaking shut down freaking Arian Foster and the offense pooped out JJ freaking Watt. They said he's pretty much the best defensive player in the league.

Yeah, the offense only went on to put up six more points in the second half. That's why they need to be more consistent if they're to give the Colts a ball game at all this Sunday. The defense managed to stay fairly consistent after blundering a bit in the first quarter, now the offense must do the same. And with weapons like Antonio Spiderman Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Heath Miller, etc., I know they're capable of it. Especially since Martavis Bryant and Lance Moore showed up with TD catches as well and right when this team needed it.

Overall, while there WAS a little luck involved, this team showed that they're capable of stuff. They just need to keep doing said stuff.

Edited by Anacybele