What if Nintendo releases a HD remake of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn for Wii U?

IceBrand

Well the Kingdom Hearts HD collections added the final mix versions to their games(because the west never got the improved versions for some odd reason).

Final Mix for that particular series was a tradition that started because of the English version getting Sephiroth as a Platinum Match and the other bosses... and Japanese fans throwing a fit.

Consider it a longstanding "giant middle finger" to the west... at least until KH2 and BBS Final Mix comes out for the PS3.

For those people that have played them (like me)... they bring nothing new to the table that constituted an HD remake besides... well... trophies and graphics. And let's admit this, the demand for HD remake for it wasn't because "they wanted to give Final Mix to the west".

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone ever mention the fact that an HD remake of the Tellius series might not even be worth it, if the optimizations are only *slightly* better than what Dolphin already offers?

to be fair, being even slightly better-looking than what nintendo sees as nothing but EEVUL EEVUL PIRATES is probably all the motivation nintendo needs. wouldn't surprise me if that was what inspired the virtual console :P

to be fair, being even slightly better-looking than what nintendo sees as nothing but EEVUL EEVUL PIRATES is probably all the motivation nintendo needs. wouldn't surprise me if that was what inspired the virtual console :P

Actually no. Profit is what they would need. And given that PoR/RD didn't sell that great, there's no guarantee of profit-- ergo, they probably won't.

I hate to be the one to label Nintendo as the evil moneygrabbing company, but all large corporations have to think of profit above all else (except hopefully morals but I don't think that applies to Nintendo), it's a fact.

So did anyone ever mention the fact that an HD remake of the Tellius series might not even be worth it, if the optimizations are only *slightly* better than what Dolphin already offers?

Dolphin's emulation of FE9 is pretty mediocre. Forget HD graphics, it fails on several other categories.

FE10 wouldn't be much of an improvement though.

Actually no. Profit is what they would need. And given that PoR/RD didn't sell that great, there's no guarantee of profit-- ergo, they probably won't.

I hate to be the one to label Nintendo as the evil moneygrabbing company, but all large corporations have to think of profit above all else (except hopefully morals but I don't think that applies to Nintendo), it's a fact.

it was a joke, the joke being that nintendo's supposed to be having an eternal boner for outdoing pirates in any way possible, even if it's in ways that aren't all that intuitive

beyond that premise i literally couldn't care less about ever seeing tellius remakes

[spoiler=Oh.]The joke

my head

Gosh I wish I could refute such a joke, but heck.

Edited by BANRYU

Dolphin's emulation of FE9 is pretty mediocre. Forget HD graphics, it fails on several other categories.

FE10 wouldn't be much of an improvement though.

What version did you use? I was able to play through FE9 on Dolphin with little to no problems.

Haven't played FE10 on Dolphin yet though.

I haven't tried FE9 on Dolphin. Fe10 mostly works, but it tends to get a bit laggy. Maybe if I wasn't stuck with the OpenGL backend it might be faster?