Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

The Elite Four really upped their game in the second round. Dang.

does anybody know if rayquaza, groudon, and deoxys are shiny locked in this game? so far, i only know that lati@s is the only possible shiny (and lol cut scenes, not resetting for that). it'd also be nice to know about the other legendaries, but the three mentioned are all i really care about.

All I heard were legendaries weren't shiny locked, so I would assume those were included? But I honestly don't know. [spoiler=about Rayquaza and Deoxys]You also get Rayquaza and Deoxys at the same time, or at least counted as same time because you can't save in between those two battles. Edited by Yuelia

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elite Four really upped their game in the second round. Dang.

All I heard were legendaries weren't shiny locked, so I would assume those were included? But I honestly don't know. [spoiler=about Rayquaza and Deoxys]You also get Rayquaza and Deoxys at the same time, or at least counted as same time because you can't save in between those two battles.

you can always knock out deoxys and come back later, so it's not too much of a problem.

also head smash aron with rock head is amazing

Edited by Comet

These super secret bases...and uh...teams? I'm so confused. I'm going in and out of this game but it's good to know they've added enough new content to make it not entirely the same experience. But yeaahhh.....so anyone know the point of teams or so?

All I heard were legendaries weren't shiny locked, so I would assume those were included? But I honestly don't know. [spoiler=about Rayquaza and Deoxys]You also get Rayquaza and Deoxys at the same time, or at least counted as same time because you can't save in between those two battles.

>:C

ARE YOU FREAKING SERI-

you can always knock out deoxys and come back later, so it's not too much of a problem.

Oh, okay. Good.

I'll do this.

oh staryuuuuuuuuuu where are youuuuuuuuuuuu. i'm assuming seribii's right with 5% chance at lilycove, like the previous games. this'll take a while.

or not

why couldn't it be...not sassy.

Edited by Comet

wow I'm actually having trouble with Primal Groudon. ;_;

ugh, that was painful... may the rng lord bless you. i actually managed to get the careful one with the relevant ivs i wanted with a synchronze ralts on the first try though, somehow. deoxys is going to suck.

ugh, that was painful... may the rng lord bless you. i actually managed to get the careful one with the relevant ivs i wanted with a synchronze ralts on the first try though, somehow. deoxys is going to suck.

Yes! It's more painful than Kyogre. I'd probably end up with Adamant because I'm borrowing my other file's Mew so...

I started my copy of AS today, and so far, the only thing that impresses me is the PokeNav and being able to catch Pokemon with egg moves. I mean, I love my Thunder Fang Poochyena, despite the attack-lowering nature.

But berry soil is back to being scattered all over the region, Pokemon centers and Pokemarts are back to being in separate buildings and gyms look boring again.

These are mostly just little nitpicks, but it's still a bit disappointing. I mean, XY's berry field was paradise for a berry lover like me...

Edited by Anacybele

so mons get boosted exp if they're above evolution level

probably so you can do things like hydro pump swampert more easily

Wow thats pretty awesome. A welcome change.

There is the berrymaster's house if you want something similar to berry fields, it's not as big but it's still a lot of space

omg i want to fight together with archie

also i lucked out and landed timid kyogre without trying

4perfivs too and all of them pretty relevant

Edited by Thor Odinson

So after completing the main game (currently on Delta episode), I'm starting to think that the complaints of "too much water" are pretty unfounded this time around. All the water routes are still there, but there were two main problems with them:

1. Navigation was difficult.

2. (Nearly) All the trainers you fought used water Pokemon.

Neither of these are true anymore. Navigation is no longer problem because 1) you can have the map on the lower screen to always know where you are, and 2) the routes themselves are more diverse, with landmarks being more recognizable. #2 isn't a problem because there are surfing trainers that use any type of Pokemon and more trainers in general on land.

Now the complaining is just that it's water instead of a cave, I guess? I also heard complaints about running into the same Pokemon all the time, but I wouldn't know if that's a problem because I, like any other smart person who wishes to not run into wild Pokemon, used repels.

Surfing from Lilycove to Mossdeep definitely felt shorter than RSE. The same to Sootopolis. Maybe encounter rates are lower or something too.

Anyways right now I'm procrastinating the Deep Sea Cavern and just running around doing stuff like Shoal Cave and Sea Mauville and Pacifidlog