Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Pretty sure it's just a listing area, where both hideouts are just under the same listing(which happens to be called Magma Hideout), as for Energy ball, iirc it's in the safari zone, but you need to do the stuff to get both bikes first.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, question: Do you guys consider it cheating if I use a Power Save to edit my Pokemon?

Because I feel like that'd be way easier than constantly breeding and SR-ing.

I mean, I already spent 800+ hours on doing that stuff without cheating in X/Y. (Hatched almost 3000 eggs.)

And I question whether that was actually worth it.

All that time.

Down the drain.

It's only cheating if you don't share :)

HP Fire Magnezone pl0x

Ugh, god dang it. I want to teach Dark Pulse to my Vulpix, but Bulbapedia says the TM is only available in Omega Ruby (because its location is listed as the Team Magma hideout). That's kind of dumb. >_>

I suppose I can just give it Energy Ball instead for coverage. Though Bulbapedia says that TM's location isn't even known yet. Can someone help here?

Like Ether said, even though Bulpapedia says it's available in the Magma Hideout, the Aqua Hideout has the same items in it, so you'll find Dark Pulse there too.

As for Energy Ball, I can confirm that it's an area of the Safari Zone that you can only reach when you own both Mach and Acro Bike.

You might want to use Serebii as your primary source of info since they have pretty much all the pertinent info regarding ORAS.

I can't get over how ugly Mega Latios and Mega Latias are.

Like, I want to use them, but... they're so... ugly...

Ooh, I need to do this later.

Once my winter break starts...

Also, question: Do you guys consider it cheating if I use a Power Save to edit my Pokemon?

Because I feel like that'd be way easier than constantly breeding and SR-ing.

I mean, I already spent 800+ hours on doing that stuff without cheating in X/Y. (Hatched almost 3000 eggs.)

And I question whether that was actually worth it.

All that time.

Down the drain.

As someone who shamelessly used AR and pokegen, I don't see why you wouldn't use Power Save. Even with the amelioration brought by X/Y, breeding is still extremely tedious and SRing for decent IVs/nature on Legendary is just as time consuming.

Heck, I'm even planning to get a Power Save myself. I might still breed even then from time to time since seeing the final product of all that breeding and training is quite satisfying. (and I have tons of Shiny due to AR/Pokegen, but none feel as special as my Shiny Aggron that I hatched in Y)

Oh, okay. Thanks guys. I'm just used to using Bulbapedia as my info source and I didn't want to have to repeatedly come here to ask for help. xP I could've gone to Bulbagarden, but I figured that if Bulbapedia doesn't know the answer, Bulbagarden might not either since they run it.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, okay. Thanks guys. I'm just used to using Bulbapedia as my info source and I didn't want to have to repeatedly come here to ask for help. xP I could've gone to Bulbagarden, but I figured that if Bulbapedia doesn't know the answer, Bulbagarden might not either since they run it.

Bulbapedia usually takes a month or two after games come out to be fully up to date, since they have to go through and approve changes due to being a public wiki. Serebii is usually fully complete within a week or two.

Bulbapedia usually takes a month or two after games come out to be fully up to date, since they have to go through and approve changes due to being a public wiki. Serebii is usually fully complete within a week or two.

Ah, I see. I hadn't known this. xP

I live in NY state close enough to the city and goes to a university with a very strong computer science department (aka nerdschool)

Streetpassing an Eon Ticket off the city kids is inevitable :B

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/25421/article/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-eon-ticket-guide/

It's only cheating if you don't share :)

HP Fire Magnezone pl0x

When I get it. :)

Which is probably Christmas-ish, if I decide to buy one...

As someone who shamelessly used AR and pokegen, I don't see why you wouldn't use Power Save. Even with the amelioration brought by X/Y, breeding is still extremely tedious and SRing for decent IVs/nature on Legendary is just as time consuming.

Heck, I'm even planning to get a Power Save myself. I might still breed even then from time to time since seeing the final product of all that breeding and training is quite satisfying. (and I have tons of Shiny due to AR/Pokegen, but none feel as special as my Shiny Aggron that I hatched in Y)

Yah, it's just so much work.

And now that I'm in college, I have less time to play...

So, is there any in-game way to tell how much of a certain E.V. you've invested in? 'Cuz I'm Super Training my freshly-hatched Torchic, and I don't wanna screw up on my stats. Especially since only ONE of them is getting to 252, so I'm worried about messing up the other 2.

So, is there any in-game way to tell how much of a certain E.V. you've invested in? 'Cuz I'm Super Training my freshly-hatched Torchic, and I don't wanna screw up on my stats. Especially since only ONE of them is getting to 252, so I'm worried about messing up the other 2.

Using a reset bag will tell you how many EVs you have invested. It will tell you exactly how many EVs you reset.

I have seven badges now, wee. That was one heck of an explosion in the ocean right after though. o.o

You know, I think I'm actually enjoying the game, surprisingly. Some of the things I hated about the original RSE are improved, I know that. I'm not finding the water routes to be nearly as annoying, for example. And some of XY's features were added, like Super Training and the PSS. But other than that, I can't really put my finger on why ORAS is so much better than the original RSE, despite its lack of Juan. It's not like the Hoenn Pokemon designs have changed any or the story has changed a whole lot or anything. Maybe I just completely missed something from the original games. I dunno.

Won't stop me from hoping to see Juan somewhere in the future though, of course. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, so I didn't catch Kyogre. I didn't want it anyway though. Plus I didn't have many Pokeballs handy. Buying more just slipped my mind for some reason. Oh well, like I said, I didn't really want Kyogre. :P

But now I can finally go after that eighth and final badge. I did get all eight in Emerald, but I never got any further after that. I just kinda lost interest.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, well, I'm sure I can get another chance to go for it. I don't know what to ask for in return though. One of those recent Japanese event Keldeo would be nice, but I doubt anyone here has one, let alone one with a decent nature. I love my Keldeo in X, don't get me wrong, and I still Super Trained it, but its nature...yeah. :P Plus I just don't want to transfer it again. I like it being on my X team!

If I do get another Keldeo though, I'll wait to train that one until the XY follow up or follow ups come out. There should certainly be one. And I like Kalos a lot more than Hoenn. :P

Edited by Anacybele

There is always pokebank; As long as wifi you can fairly freely transfer between your two games and honestly $5 a year is incredibly good considering how expensive server maintenance can get. Totally worth. I do that with my bred-and-ev'd mons and utility mons.

Since you can only open one file at a time anyway, unless you have multiple 3dses or something

Edited by Thor Odinson