Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this release, it shows footage of Mega Metagross confirmed to have Tough Claws, ...

Mega Metagross also has a greatly increased Speed stat, with additional increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, making Mega Metagross primed for both offense and defense.

Agiligross has never been this epic.

It's Magic Bounce according to Serebii :x

...That's what I meant.

I didn't realize I spelt Magic Guard until I read my post again. (<--- DUMB)

Unfortunately it seems our predictions for the E4 having Mega Bracelets is false.

how do you know

they could be faking us out

or saving Megas for the rematch

Now that more info for Megagross has been released, I'm really, really curious as to how useful Megagross will really be.

They said it's greatest boost will be in speed, so its usefulness will hinge on how big the boost is. If it's anything under a +30 boost, I'll be disappointed.

+40 at least is optimal, and that isn't even out of question. Aggron gets a +50 boost in defense upon mega evolution. Gengar gets +40 SpAtk. Garchomp and Blaziken get +40 Atk. Tyranitar gets +40 Def. Heck, Heracross gets a +60 boost in attack.

So +40 is definitely feasible. However, Metagross doesn't get any stat drops, and it's been revealed that all his stats get a boost in some form, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Optimally, I'd like something like the following:

Metagross @Metagrossite

Clear Body -> Tough Claws

HP: 80

Atk: 135 -> 150 (+15)

Def :130 -> 150 (+20)

SpAtk: 95 -> 110 (+15)

SpDef: 90 -> 100 (+10)

Spe: 70 -> 110 (+40)

We know that Megagross has Tough Claws, so moves that make contact get a 33% boost. Bullet Punch becomes effectively 73.33 BP off of 150 Atk. It's probably not as strong has Mega Lucario's BP, but it almost is. Earthquake is good for coverage, but since it doesn't get the TC boost, it isn't your best choice. Zen Headbutt is there for STAB and coverage. The last two moves are a toss-up between Ice Punch/Thunder Punch and Meteor Mash/Iron Head. This is assuming we get the same move tutors as last-gen.

Assuming Metagross gets those boosts, he can also take care of some of his biggest threats. Garchomp becomes lolnothing with Ice Punch, and Mega Kangaskhan can't really touch Megagross either. At 110 base speed, Metagross outspeeds Megamom, so its Bullet Punch will move before her Sucker Punch. Mega Mawile (without Fire Fang) can't do much either. Aegislash... still walls it, unless you run EQ... and even then, it may not be the best thing to do. An EQ won't KO and if it has a Weakness Policy, I'm pretty sure it'd OHKO with Shadow Ball in return.

Skarmory and Forretress still wall the heck out of it, though; and Mega Swampert under rain will be a huge threat, too, with its EQs...

._____________.

Still, walling Megamom and safely getting rid of Garchomp is huge.

[spoiler=Wishful thinking:]

Metagross @Metagrossite

Clear Body -> Tough Claws

HP: 80

Atk: 135 -> 150 (+10)

Def: 130 -> 140 (+10)

SpAtk: 95 -> 105 (+10)

SpDef: 90 -> 100 (+10)

Spe: 70 -> 130 (+60)

At 130 speed, Metagross won't have to worry too much about the aforementioned Sucker Punches. Not only that, but he can outspeed T-flame and Greninja and KO with Thunder Punch. Alternatively, Ice Punch takes care of the Dragon-types.

Each stats has to have an increase, since GameFreak has revealed that, and the smallest boost possible is +10 (I think).

All in all, Megagross is shaping out to be a very nice Mega to use. It'll be even better if we get move tutors back! The elemental punches at the very least.

Mega Metagross

Its Speed is also increased greatly, and its stats are better balanced than ever!

Mega Garchomp

Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly.

If we judge it based on the choice of words, we can assume the boost is around the +40 area.

Mega Metagross

Its Speed is also increased greatly, and its stats are better balanced than ever!

Mega Garchomp

Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly.

If we judge it based on the choice of words, we can assume the boost is around the +40 area.

IIRC, Mega Mawile had "greatly" increased defenses... and got +40 in both...

So yeah, +40 might happen.

If so, that'd be amazing.

110 is a great speed tier. (Screw Latios, Latias, and Gengar.)

I kinda wonder why you used MegaCario's BP as a benchmark considering that iirc Mega Scizor has a stronger BP due to Technician boosts

Serebii posted this days ago by MegaGross's reveal:

Edit @ 15:15: More details on Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def. Mega Metagross also has a greatly increased Speed stat, with additional increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, making Mega Metagross primed for both offense and defense.

I think Gross will get more buffs in Sp and Sp. Def, at least, with minor increases in Atck and Def, dunno about Sp. Attck tho. This considering it'll be a bit more balanced.

Also, I didn't realized that Mega Diancie is more offensive and fast than a slow tank. :o

I found out that Grass Knot is a contact move.

Checkmate Hippowdon.

how does grass knot being a contact move make a difference?

how does grass knot being a contact move make a difference?

IDK. The idea of a special move being boosted by Tough Claws is just funny to me.

It might actually be viable for Megagross to break through guys like Hippowdon and Slowbro.

Oh really? Tough Claws boosts Grass Knot's damage? Never though about it but makes sense because despite being a Special move, it is based on contact with arms, etc.

Also, what about Mega Diancie? Getting offensive boost, defensive reduction and high Sp might be a double-edged sword for Scizor's Bullet Punch :/